April Fools Aftermath

n_odie

i did use to be into pokenon when i was what 9, but since then i think its pretty gay. When i see anyone over like 10 talking bout/watching/playing pokemon or other anime stuff i just think its kinda sad, has to be one of the only things i dont like about runescape and that :P But whatever, had better things to do then sit at my computer going "I summon mai pickachu to throw pretty st00fz at teh oth3r pokemans but not actualyl kill it cuase tai are soo cuuttteeee".

Glad you all had fun though :P

Watch out, tough guy over here.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did use to be into pokenon when i was what 9, but since then i think its pretty gay. When i see anyone over like 10 talking bout/watching/playing pokemon or other anime stuff i just think its kinda sad, has to be one of the only things i dont like about runescape and that :P But whatever, had better things to do then sit at my computer going "I summon mai pickachu to throw pretty st00fz at teh oth3r pokemans but not actualyl kill it cuase tai are soo cuuttteeee".

Watch out, tough guy over here.

I know, right? Using "gay" as an adjective and everything!

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Where's your inner child? :P I don't see how Pokémon is "sad" and RuneScape isn't tbh.

Anyway April Fool's day was pretty fun this year. I was glad to see some unexpected pranks on other sites I'm part of :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I found the Pokemon thing good. Loved Carl's signature, was awesome. Did not like the yellow text colour. Gotta say if i knew it was gonna be a Pokemon theme, i'd prepare a avatar and signature.

Was planning to get a avatar of Archnine, but Google failed me.

Wait, April Fool's Day is over? When?

Well, on that note, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks to the users and the staff for an awesome April Fool's.

My favorite part of the day would have to be the hype that was caused in the first few hours of the changes. Glad everyone (except for a few) enjoyed themselves and played along with the pranks and jokes. :thumbsup:

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

I found the Pokemon thing good. Loved Carl's signature, was awesome. Did not like the yellow text colour. Gotta say if i knew it was gonna be a Pokemon theme, i'd prepare a avatar and signature.

Was planning to get a avatar of Archnine, but Google failed me.

Yea. Because it doesn't exist.

2j3qh46.jpg

Oh man, how did I miss the TIF April fools? LLLLLLLAAAAAATTTTTIIIIOOOOSSS!!!!!11

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Anything Pokemon related bar the games can go and die. I had my fun with Pokemon when I was younger, and hate most of that stuff now, but the games are still worth playing.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

i guess it was interesting. personally i found it as an exuse to spam and post the grateful dead bear as a caricature of tediursa

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

That was funny. I come on and see "pika tips". I bursted out laughing. The pokemon thing was good. Good job guys :thumbsup:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Some people are clearly very unhappy, pokemon is more succesful than runescape and there are way more pokemon fans who would call runescape a game for 9 year olds.

And whatever people say about it I refuse to throw away my gameboy colour and blue version :).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Overall it was a blast. Hope everyone had fun. :thumbup:

Was that an intended pun?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Some people are clearly very unhappy, pokemon is more succesful than runescape and there are way more pokemon fans who would call runescape a game for 9 year olds.

And whatever people say about it I refuse to throw away my gameboy colour and blue version :).

Pokemon and RuneScape are different. Pokemon is something that kids grew up with. I didn't grow up with it. I don't like it. I think it's dumb. I didn't grow up with RuneScape, either. I like it. I think it's cool.

Calling it more successful is objective. Did it make more money? Certainly. Was it designed to make more money? Yep. RuneScape could "sell out" and it seems like it gets a little closer to that every day.

Anyway, this isn't a Pokemon site. I didn't come here for that. So, yeah, change it for April Fool's Day and that's fine. Some people like it. I think most people were just tired of the joke by the next day (myself included) and didn't care to see it any longer. I don't hate Pokemon. I just think it's stupid and wouldn't play or watch it. That's my opinion and certainly, millions of people disagree with me. Maybe next year they could change the site to something Star Wars themed. Then I'd like it and other people might hate it. Then they'd be posting "can you change the site back to Rune Tips instead of Star Wars Tips now that it's April 2nd please?"

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Pokemon and RuneScape are different. Pokemon is something that kids grew up with. I didn't grow up with it. I don't like it. I think it's dumb. I didn't grow up with RuneScape, either. I like it. I think it's cool.

Calling it more successful is objective. Did it make more money? Certainly. Was it designed to make more money? Yep. RuneScape could "sell out" and it seems like it gets a little closer to that every day.

Anyway, this isn't a Pokemon site. I didn't come here for that. So, yeah, change it for April Fool's Day and that's fine. Some people like it. I think most people were just tired of the joke by the next day (myself included) and didn't care to see it any longer. I don't hate Pokemon. I just think it's stupid and wouldn't play or watch it. That's my opinion and certainly, millions of people disagree with me. Maybe next year they could change the site to something Star Wars themed. Then I'd like it and other people might hate it. Then they'd be posting "can you change the site back to Rune Tips instead of Star Wars Tips now that it's April 2nd please?"

What on earth happened to your childhood? :( This makes me sad.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I watched Star Wars and read books like The Lord of the Rings series and C S Lewis writings. I like that stuff.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I watched Star Wars and read books like The Lord of the Rings series and C S Lewis writings. I like that stuff.

Next year, Lord of the Tips? Mods are all orks and I'm Frodo trying to spam without the evil eye of Racheya from seeing me? Sounds good to me.

Was already too old to find pokemon cool when it exploded some 10 years ago... Glad some of you guys loved the "prank", as long as there were some nice discussions on the board, it was business as usual for me.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563