April Fools Aftermath

n_odie

Hello Everyone,

There are still yet a few changes until everything is back to normal but we hope everyone had fun! It was really a blast to put on the Pokemon masks and party yesterday, and what made it more fun was all that joined in on the Pokemon spirit!

I think it's safe to say we had a phenomenal success, especially compared to "others" "pranks," not that we are comparing!

So what was the highlight of your day?

Mine was the successful rick'rolling of over 2000 users/guests and helping everyone on the forums to have a chance to lose the game.

PS: Lets keep the topic, on topic, spam was only semi tolerated given the circumstances... Mods are back on full duty!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give credit to Jagex for the water park prank. That was awesome.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I loved the pokemon theme :) reminded me of the good old days when I still played all those games and watched every ep.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

A few of us staffers trying to convince someone in #clans IRC that none of us could see yellow usernames and Pikachu's - and maybe it could be because he was using a Mac? :twisted:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Successful IMO, I'm gonna keep my avatar for a while me thinks =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Haha, I loved all the mischief that went on soon after we began. :D

And I agree with Nic; it's thanks to everyone (Staff AND Users) that this event was such a success. It was amazing to see so many people getting into the spirit and actively participating in our little practical joke. <3:

Thanks, everyone!

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

It was pretty fun, mostly because it was all randomness and pretty interactive. It wasn't just a fake page on a website. I was hoping Jagex would follow with that trend too as "live" jokes you can participate in are just much more fun. Great job on putting it all together though, as it was well planed out.

I'm sad to see all the Pokemon go though :(

OT: Heart Gold and Soul Silver are gonna be awesome!

When I came here yesterday at first I was like: :blink:

Then I realized it was April fool's, though. I loved the pokemon theme, lolz. :P

As for Runescape's April fool's, I found it to be rather lame tbh. No in-game dancing chickens? :(

And as for April fool's irl, we tricked our teachers into rick-rolling their computers. :lol:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I was kind of hoping that the tip.it staff would keep their avatars and siggies. <3: You know, like a permanent feature where every new staff get a pokemon symbol assigned to them.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Time to change the Rune Tips logo back...please. Not everyone is a pokemon fan.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I thought it was pretty awful

Yh... buzz kill.

Sorry, not meaning to troll.

I loved it, haha it reminded me of way back in the day when I was allowed to play Pokemon. I loved that game so much, *note* this was before all those "ruby" "gold" or whatever version came out, the O.G. pokemon.

Also I loved how on off-topic the "redirected hits" for the rick roll was 9,153 (when I saw it) LOL. Also, when I checked my blog at work on Wednesday, saw my rank was aka knock out hitmonchan I was like "wtf?"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I thought it was pretty awful

Time to change the Rune Tips logo back...please. Not everyone is a pokemon fan.

epicdiss.png

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?