12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to ca2theone:

why not use your gatestones also just outside the boss room? no need for walking through 4 rooms if you die there.

Also, which summon lasts an hour? The knowledge base is not correct in my opinion. It says my favourite summon, adept skinweaver, will last for 10 mins, where in fact my summon interface tells me it will last for 30 odd minutes.

Or are there any factors that will make your summon last longer, compared to the times in the knowledge base tables?

Well we use 4 slots of food rather than the gatestone since we had done all of the bosses really easily before, like half our food, or less. So we didn't expect to die repeatedly.

On the summons, I have no idea, but all the worldbearers we are summoning last an hour.

Lol, I find him easy as long as you dodge all the mismic, flames ect your be fine with half a load of eels. 300+ version we had too only 3 of us.

Are you sure you aren't thinking about the Luminescent Icefiend? This is the guy that freezes you solid for 10 seconds, and your tank for 3 seconds, and deals a large amount of damage when you break free and is unavoidable.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

to ca2theone:

why not use your gatestones also just outside the boss room? no need for walking through 4 rooms if you die there.

Also, which summon lasts an hour? The knowledge base is not correct in my opinion. It says my favourite summon, adept skinweaver, will last for 10 mins, where in fact my summon interface tells me it will last for 30 odd minutes.

Or are there any factors that will make your summon last longer, compared to the times in the knowledge base tables?

Well we use 4 slots of food rather than the gatestone since we had done all of the bosses really easily before, like half our food, or less. So we didn't expect to die repeatedly.

On the summons, I have no idea, but all the worldbearers we are summoning last an hour.

Lol, I find him easy as long as you dodge all the mismic, flames ect your be fine with half a load of eels. 300+ version we had too only 3 of us.

Are you sure you aren't thinking about the Luminescent Icefiend? This is the guy that freezes you solid for 10 seconds, and your tank for 3 seconds, and deals a large amount of damage when you break free and is unavoidable.

I think that in team play the guy only freeze one person, and it is possible for the unfrozen player to break the ice around the frozen player. I guess the other guy has to pick up aggro and then try to break the ice before the boss can.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Is it worth putting complexity to 1 when getting floors back after you have reset?

No you get an xp penalty for doing that.

Ill still get only a tiny amount of exp when doing floors with low base exp.

I just set complexity on 1-2 and do 2-4 floors until i get to higher floors

Is it worth putting complexity to 1 when getting floors back after you have reset?

sure, but will that affect prestige?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

to ca2theone:

I think that in team play the guy only freeze one person, and it is possible for the unfrozen player to break the ice around the frozen player. I guess the other guy has to pick up aggro and then try to break the ice before the boss can.

In our dungeon he just instantly froze all of us.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

magzar, for what it's worth, I mostly am where you are. I think this is a neat piece of content: it's just not properly integrated into the game as a skill. And the reward system is embarrassingly idiotic.

Leaving the arguments aside for the moment, has anyone truly figured out this prestige/reset business? Last night I did a reset because it suggested I do so since I couldn't advance to the next floor at my level, but from then on I got 0 prestige points. Was I supposed to restart at the first level or something? How does this work? Thanks.

The prestige system is just how many individual floors you've gone through without repeating one. So if you're able to go through the first 15 floors at will and start on the first then when you finish the 15th your prestige level would be 15. If at that point you can't reach the 16th floor yet, then you can press reset and it will save your prestige level so if you started back from the beginning your prestige level would be 15 as long as you didn't do the same floor more than once.

(to simplify it's how many floors you've done in a row without repeating any, and if you repeat one then it reverts to 0, so if you have no choice but to repeat because your level is too low then it's best to reset and start back from the first floor. Doing the highest floor you can reach over and over will slow down your experience significantly. I think that may be why so many people think the xp is so slow)

So currently my previous prestige is 5 and my current prestige is 2. The max floor I can play is 7. Last night I logged off which means I need to start over. Should I reset my prestige and start from floor 1 or should I start from floor 3?

I would continue from the 3rd floor. you don't have to restart from the beginning if you log out, just make sure you don't go to a floor you've already finished since the last time you reset.

Well what about this case:

I am in room 13, my friend is in room 10.. We want to play together and maximize experience: what should we do? - Room 10 (means I get no prestige, and even when reaching room 14 I get little to no prestige, sine I "lost" my level???).. Or do I have to start over again? - That's really annoying you know..

Also, how in hell am I supposed to train this? - I have a holiday this week, but then untill the summer stop I won't be able to play for longer than 15-30 mins.. How do I train?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

sure, but will that affect prestige?

Yes it does affect prestige. your base xp before level bonuses and such is the average of your prestige xp and the level xp. 50% from being on the first complexity is huge.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

EDIT: The thread was removed because the mod posted in the clan leader section, I should probably remove this too since I don't want to lose my clan leader position yet >.>

EDIT #2: Yeh he asked it to be removed, I guess a FAQ is coming up soon.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

There's one thing I find quite curious. I've been soloing a lot of dungeons at complexity 6, It's quite funny though how it always spawns me some sort of mage clothing. I'm interested in how it knows I want to mage. Is it because of the staff/runes I have bound? Or does it calculate the most predominantly used combat skill? It might just be chance, but it's pretty curious imo.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Anyone got any of the Mysterious Chronicles book parts or the Stalker Notes book parts? They are an interesting read from what I've read.

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

They are an interesting read from what I've read.

Confused lol..

As for the equipment on the tables, it indeed focusses on melee with me.. might be cause I bound melee platebody, but your other theory sounds plausible too.. hadn't wondered about this before but now I want to know :ohnoes:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Anyone got any of the Mysterious Chronicles book parts or the Stalker Notes book parts? They are an interesting read from what I've read.

I've posted quite a few, but yes, definitely worth the time it takes to read them. The best are the boss ones (Astra/Lexi) and M. and Thok

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

There's one thing I find quite curious. I've been soloing a lot of dungeons at complexity 6, It's quite funny though how it always spawns me some sort of mage clothing. I'm interested in how it knows I want to mage. Is it because of the staff/runes I have bound? Or does it calculate the most predominantly used combat skill? It might just be chance, but it's pretty curious imo.

I think you are correct, the sad thing is I keep getting magic equipment aswell and I want to melee.

I wish I didnt get 99 magic now. :S

anyone care to help me with this puzzle?

rs1039.png

If not discovered already you solve it with an L-shape movement. Start on on one of the middle ones closest to the edge, jump one forth, then depending on how the thingy moves, either left or right, then just keep jumping toward the big crystal, repeat to go back. If you stumble, then try to reach back for the beginning edge.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Yea same. I have runes and a robe top bound and it almost always spawns me a soulbell hood and/or a staff of some sort. or even a robe bottom. along with some runes and essence I find useful. I get ranged and melee stuff along with it once in a while but I always get mage stuff. I think it does tell what class you like being in there.

Edit: im willing to bet that if I started ranging most of the time and bound ranged items I would always get ranged stuff. Or if I meleed I would always get melee stuff.

Edited by halestone48

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

hobogibng.png

System Update...

This update should fix some of the crashes players have been experiencing in Standard Detail mode.

We’ve also made the dragon bones from Dungeoneering f2p items so that’s a nice little bonus.

There are several other minor fixes and tweaks to Dungeoneering including a change to the experience obtained from Runecrafting and also the orb of oculus is no longer destroyed every time you leave a dungeon.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

Lady Baal

14-Apr-2010 17:16:32

STOP GIVING BOUNSES TO F2P LIKE D BONES AND GTFO...

lol rsof

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

A quick question regarding leveling this skill quicker. Do you get more exp if you kill all the monsters in the rooms or if you just skip over them will you get the same experience?

Your xp is only based on the floor, the prestige, and those other modifiers you see at the end. You can leave every monster minus the boss and gain the same xp. So don't feel the need to waste your time killing all monsters.

Incorrect, if I'm not mistaken.. There is a penalty for leaving creatures.

Nope.

System Update...

This update should fix some of the crashes players have been experiencing in Standard Detail mode.

Weve also made the dragon bones from Dungeoneering f2p items so thats a nice little bonus.

There are several other minor fixes and tweaks to Dungeoneering including a change to the experience obtained from Runecrafting and also the orb of oculus is no longer destroyed every time you leave a dungeon.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

Cue rage from members..

OMFG Y F2P GET D BONES, ITS OP, WE PAY WE SAY@@@@@@@

11-1.jpg[