12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Am I the only one that thinks posting screencap evidence of bug abuse is NOT the best idea in the world? :rolleyes:

What I find so humorous is that nobody remembers how often they ban people for this and how easily it is detected. Are the only thoughts in their head "OH WOW I CAN GET FAST RC XP NOW!!!"

Fat lot of good that xp will do if you're banned.

Indeed. It's impossible to think those sort of xp gains are legit.

I think it was just a mistype on the part of whoever was changing the xp to 2 and they put 20000 instead.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thinks posting screencap evidence of bug abuse is NOT the best idea in the world? :rolleyes:

What I find so humorous is that nobody remembers how often they ban people for this and how easily it is detected. Are the only thoughts in their head "OH WOW I CAN GET FAST RC XP NOW!!!"

I think it was just a mistype on the part of whoever was changing the xp to 2 and they put 20000 instead.

How do you mistype FOUR DIGITS?

Ok guys come on. Stop spewing the " I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally gained 15 levels" bs. Just about everyone that abused the bug knew what they were doing. I didn't craft any runes because I was told that there was a glitch. I didn't start crafting runes and say "oh I just was looking at the forums and accidentally crafted 1k deaths"

britonlongbo.png

I've been maging since obtaining a Celestial catalytic staff, so I craft Blood and Air runes at the beginning of each raid. I grew from level 85 to 87 Runecrafting before I noticed the glitch, heh. I certainly hope I won't get banned for it. :blink:

I also had a problem. got from 62 to 76 due to not paying attention.... If they do a rollback though people will probably not get banned. I hope.

Yea, you pressed 'continue' 14 times without realizing it :thumbup:

I'd guess they accidentally did multiplication sign instead of a division ;o

Or maybe it was a JaGex social experiment?

^ What I'm wondering LOL.

Probably a bit more complicated than that. Maybe there is a multiplier that lowers the exp from normal, so its 2 exp every 10 runes instead of 10 for 1. So maybe they retyped the multiplier as 200 instead of .02 or something like that.

When I read that xp rates were fixed, I thought- 'Oh great, it's gonna be like 1xp per rune..'

Of course, I never knew about this xp bug.

I then bought 100 ess, and crafted 100 deaths to see what the xp rate was- went from 69-70 in two seconds.

I quickly stopped after that and ran into a corner- 'This isn't a nerf, this is a BUG!!'

___

Hopefully this rollback also hurts abusers, but I don't know. Very, very quick action there Jagex. O_o

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Just when i get a promethium 2h they do a rollback :(

If you got it after the system update I guess so :(

But since they did a system update I think a backup was made at that point so it shouldn't be any farther back than that.

Yeah, I got it like 20 mins before the sys update but with Jagex you never know. Stranger things have happened and I've already lost a promethium rapier by just lagging out. Fingers crossed :)

M_A_R_T.png

Maybe his "0" key was sticking?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Well for 30 minutes Runecrafing was the fastest skill to level in the game :grin: I doubt people will get banned as the xp was so high you could have gained several levels before even noticing so it would be hard for them to tell who did it deliberately and who didn't.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

This is the first rollback in rs2.

Nope, there was the random death bug a few years back when people reported deaths at gargoyles and tears of guthix, which resulted in 2 rollbacks if I remember it right. I completed the same clue two or three times and got a different reward each time.

This was before 10/12/2007

Nope, there was the random death bug a few years back when people reported deaths at gargoyles and tears of guthix, which resulted in 2 rollbacks if I remember it right. I completed the same clue two or three times and got a different reward each time.

This was before 10/12/2007

Huh, weird. I must have been on one of my rage quits at the time.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

not the first for rs2 either remember 1 and think there was more b4.

If, by 'rs2' you mean after the classic version, then you're wrong, there has been as roll-back before in rs2.

I remember it very well, it has happened before.

~ Angat

P.S: Roll back should be no more than 30 minutes.

2eprbpj.png

All you guys talking about prome, I've been trying to get any decent piece of the stuff. So far all I've gotten is a few daggers and gloves. <_<

Not that hard to get once you start to advance a bit. So far I've had plate, legs, dagger (from a boss), rapier and 2h. All of them from forgotten warrios equipped with full promethium. Keep your head up and you will get some drops as you advance :)

M_A_R_T.png

Ok guys come on. Stop spewing the " I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally gained 15 levels" bs. Just about everyone that abused the bug knew what they were doing. I didn't craft any runes because I was told that there was a glitch. I didn't start crafting runes and say "oh I just was looking at the forums and accidentally crafted 1k deaths"

Thank you. I've seen more than 10 posts so far full of complete bs. I bought 5000 essence pouches just because, then I started looking at the forums and accidentally gained 23 levels, yet I somehow managed to miss the fact I had to click continue 23 times for my rc level.

clansig7.gif

Whats taking the server so long to restart :angry:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

You can't gain several levels without realising, you need to click continue to carry on. It stops when the message comes up.

Not necessarily. It could be that this is designed such that it supersedes such messages, unlike other automated activities.

I've been maging since obtaining a Celestial catalytic staff, so I craft Blood and Air runes at the beginning of each raid. I grew from level 85 to 87 Runecrafting before I noticed the glitch, heh. I certainly hope I won't get banned for it. :blink:

I also had a problem. got from 62 to 76 due to not paying attention.... If they do a rollback though people will probably not get banned. I hope.

Yea, you pressed 'continue' 14 times without realizing it :thumbup:

I was crafting multiple types of runes since I was near the start. Airs deaths waters cosmic law more airs a few more waters ect. Every time I switched it probably automatically skipped the level up thing. Once I actually noticed I submitted a bug report and logged out >.<

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012