12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Still somebody's [wagon] better be getting fired. You don't royally screw up like this two days after a skill release and go on with your business willy nilly.

In most of Europe (England included) you have to have a legal reason to fire someone, it's not like the US where you can fire much more liberally. I doubt any heads will role, because that would probably be illegal.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

---

:thumbsup:

good to hear

48-40 dungeoneering was a scary sight indeed, more than halved my dungeon xp

I'll take this chance to ask, what's the secret to levelling that fast? Do you reset your prestige or what? Details if you can :)

M_A_R_T.png

Still somebody's [wagon] better be getting fired. You don't royally screw up like this two days after a skill release and go on with your business willy nilly.

In most of Europe (England included) you have to have a legal reason to fire someone, it's not like the US where you can fire much more liberally. I doubt any heads will role, because that would probably be illegal.

Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. If one of my employees sucked at their job I should be able to fire them to make room for a better employee.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

To be honest, I don't think it's legal anywhere on this world to chop someone's head off ( :) )

Quote mod Nexus:

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

Not to worry about losing more than 30 minutes of work then :)

Good, good. ^^

yeah nobody should be fired, this is discussed time and time again and most people agree that code is incredibly complex and therefore it is a lot easier than people think to make these mistakes and not realise

yeah nobody should be fired, this is discussed time and time again and most people agree that code is incredibly complex and therefore it is a lot easier than people think to make these mistakes.

They have ppl that get paid to test it before releasing. There's no excuse for screwing up like this. It's not like it was some small obscure glitch.

yeah nobody should be fired, this is discussed time and time again and most people agree that code is incredibly complex and therefore it is a lot easier than people think to make these mistakes.

They have ppl that get paid to test it before releasing. There's no excuse for screwing up like this. It's not like it was some small obscure glitch.

we have these discussions every time a major bug appears, but it's simple - there's no way they can find everything, we don't know how their QA testing works and a bug as simple to find as this obviously was not the case for them. it's also possible that bugs arise as new content is added to the active game - after any QA testing happens.

calling for people to be fired is just stupid

yeah nobody should be fired, this is discussed time and time again and most people agree that code is incredibly complex and therefore it is a lot easier than people think to make these mistakes and not realise

Sticking them in customer support will be enough of a punishment :razz: !

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Naah they get paid to test majorish updates, like proper ones, eg the skill; not a minor alteration such as the rc xp ^^

This is nothing that has to be tested. Its a simple experience rate change which someone pressed an extra key. If they did test it, maybe they didn't test Rune Crafting?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

---

good to hear

I'll take this chance to ask, what's the secret to levelling that fast? Do you reset your prestige or what? Details if you can :)

I really don't see what's so hard with the prestige: only reset it once all the levels you can access have been completed. That means they have a tick next to them. Then, once you do reset (if no new levels have been unlocked by you cashing in your tokens for exp, if that's what you desire), you start from level 1 again. Do level 1 first, because each level you complete gradually raises your prestige, thus you gain more exp faster.

Levelling fast as far as i know: soloing complexity 6 is fastest. Open the bonus rooms, go in and out directly unless you need food. Don't kill unless you need food: you shouldn't be doing any skilling in any of the dungeons if you have a weapon and arrows bound. If possible, bind a promethean spear (for crush / slash / stab attacks). Once you start a level, be sure to buy a hammer, a pickaxe, an axe and tinderbox. these are easy to drop later on, but usually at least 2 of them are required for the completion of a level. use your prayer wisely, remember each level always has the same boss (as far as i know) and some bosses will disable your prayers anyway. Use the map liberally (while running) to see where you have rooms you haven't been in yet, to move efficiently around.

anyone have better / other advice?

Quote mod Nexus:

Not to worry about losing more than 30 minutes of work then :)

Good, good. ^^

Good, good. Now no cute fluffy bunnies have to die. :)

This is the first rollback in rs2.

Nope, there was the random death bug a few years back when people reported deaths at gargoyles and tears of guthix, which resulted in 2 rollbacks if I remember it right. I completed the same clue two or three times and got a different reward each time.

This was before 10/12/2007

Coming back to fix my statement after some vigorous google action.. The instant death glitch (2006) was not the reason for the two rollbacks (http://goldchronicles.blogspot.com/2007/07/crash-and-burn.html), but instead a server blackout (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Server_blackout) that occurred on the 15th of july 2007.

This is the first rollback in rs2.

Nope, there was the random death bug a few years back when people reported deaths at gargoyles and tears of guthix, which resulted in 2 rollbacks if I remember it right. I completed the same clue two or three times and got a different reward each time.

This was before 10/12/2007

Coming back to fix my statement after some vigorous google action.. The instant death glitch (2006) was not the reason for the two rollbacks (http://goldchronicles.blogspot.com/2007/07/crash-and-burn.html), but instead a server blackout (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Server_blackout) that occurred on the 15th of july 2007.

Yeah thats the one i remember.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Healing familiars are generally ineffective

I don't agree.. even the mushrooms and potatoes become decent healers in between fights with one of these (I have the lvl 89 -adept skinweaver- with me if possible) by your side. And guess what, the healers even fight which always help a little...

With 99 Summoning, I've found that the 6,000 LP worth of Salve Eels on the highest Beast of Burden far surpasses the healing I'd get from the highest Healing Familiar during the boss fight. Throughout the dungeon it might be better, but I always have excess food at the end so the Beast of Burden feels more useful...

Adventure's log is totally messed up. Bunch of missing data, and my friends thing is full of people I've never met before.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I don't agree.. even the mushrooms and potatoes become decent healers in between fights with one of these (I have the lvl 89 -adept skinweaver- with me if possible) by your side. And guess what, the healers even fight which always help a little...

With 99 Summoning, I've found that the 6,000 LP worth of Salve Eels on the highest Beast of Burden far surpasses the healing I'd get from the highest Healing Familiar during the boss fight. Throughout the dungeon it might be better, but I always have excess food at the end so the Beast of Burden feels more useful...

About that, which one is the BoB? I got no idea =P [/noob]

---

good to hear

I really don't see what's so hard with the prestige: only reset it once all the levels you can access have been completed. That means they have a tick next to them. Then, once you do reset (if no new levels have been unlocked by you cashing in your tokens for exp, if that's what you desire), you start from level 1 again. Do level 1 first, because each level you complete gradually raises your prestige, thus you gain more exp faster.

Levelling fast as far as i know: soloing complexity 6 is fastest. Open the bonus rooms, go in and out directly unless you need food. Don't kill unless you need food: you shouldn't be doing any skilling in any of the dungeons if you have a weapon and arrows bound. If possible, bind a promethean spear (for crush / slash / stab attacks). Once you start a level, be sure to buy a hammer, a pickaxe, an axe and tinderbox. these are easy to drop later on, but usually at least 2 of them are required for the completion of a level. use your prayer wisely, remember each level always has the same boss (as far as i know) and some bosses will disable your prayers anyway. Use the map liberally (while running) to see where you have rooms you haven't been in yet, to move efficiently around.

anyone have better / other advice?

Thanks, very helpful. How do I know what is a bonus room though? (and also, why do i still get negative pecentages for complexity while I was at lvl 6)

About that, which one is the BoB? I got no idea =P [/noob]

Adept worldbearer is a high level BoB, that's as much as I know. Requires megaleather bag as a 2ndary

M_A_R_T.png

---

good to hear

see how it says Prestige #? where it says your prestige?

The # is the number of different floors you completed you did before your last reset

that higher that number, the higher your prestige

there are other factors as well. You don't want to do each floor more than once. A diverse spread floors will also boost your prestige supposedly.

solo to 3 man teams are the way to go

4-5 mans result in ridiculous bosses

3 man teams, designate one person to run around unlocking all the doors, looking for the boss

other 2 people get monster hunting/food gathering/armor gathering duty

promethium rapier/spears are the way to go for weapons

Bind 125 law runes for gatestone runes. this + home teleport means you can dump your resources on the gruond @ the smuggler as a pseudo bank, and actively create and use gatestones to return to where you were last.

place a gatestone in front of a boss, in 3 man teams bosses are very different from solo bosses, they're aloot stronger

chances are, at least someone is going down. The gatestone will allow you to escape, restock, etc

once you have enough armor/weapons to takeon the boss, do it. don't dawdle.

Once I have 50 dungeon and a promethium platebody, My plan is just to rambo floors 1-10

I might stop for mining/armor on floors 10+

Naaxi.png