12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Wtf i went from 39 to 32 dungeoneering? I achieved 32 yesterday evening -.-. So besides making epic code mistakes, jagex can't tell the difference between 30 minutes (which is what they said the rollback will be) and a day?

It appears so, heh, but hopefully they'll tweak it a bit more. I've gone from level 41 to not even being ranked on the hiscores. :unsure:

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf i went from 39 to 32 dungeoneering? I achieved 32 yesterday evening -.-. So besides making epic code mistakes, jagex can't tell the difference between 30 minutes (which is what they said the rollback will be) and a day?

It appears so, heh, but hopefully they'll tweak it a bit more. I've gone from level 41 to not even being ranked on the hiscores. :unsure:

Ouch. :blink: Jesus christ jagex, learn your math!

M_A_R_T.png

I don't normally get annoyed with JaGex, yes the Runecrafting was a mess-up but slightly understandable, to create anotehr issue half an hour later? You are joking, as monkeybeast0 said, learn your goddamn math.

Apparently Runecrafting wasn't the only skill effected by this glitch.

Well, after the 2k xp per death rune, I'd hardly think people would notice other 'abnormal' xp gains after that initial shock.

But I'm quite curious as which other skills were affected.

They said on the system update sticky that they are going to do something about the xp rates of runecrafting so my guess is that its the only skill that was affected.
Sephy.png

*Checks HS*

Ok, now I'm offically disappointed. Two days gone down the drain.

Hopefully they'll give us a *detailed* explanation of this 30 mi-*cough* hour rollback.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

On the thread they said that it will take awhile for the data to be copied. I am guessing the process is still going, we should probably wait until it is complete.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

why cant they just set rc lvls back? or was it all XP in there that was higher?

Not even sure that they can make it so they only rollback one stat. I imagine it would be too complicated to sort out the data. Just look how long it takes them to restore the save.

M_A_R_T.png

Mod Emilee post edited by Mod Nexus

Hi,

A recent update for the Dungeoneering skill has generated a bug that causes significant increases in XP gain.

As a result, we shall temporarily be closing down the servers until this issue can be resolved. When the servers come back up with this bug fixed, we shall also be rolling back everyones entire save game state to the point where this bug was introduced (which should be no more than about 30 minutes worth).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mod Nexus - Edit:

There will definitely be a rollback to just before the servers rebooted with the latest update approx 17.23 BST. This will take a while as there's a lot of data to copy from our storage system to the login servers.

I'll keep you informed on this thread.

*Checks HS*

Ok, now I'm offically disappointed. Two days gone down the drain.

Hopefully they'll give us a *detailed* explanation of this 30 mi-*cough* hour rollback.

I can already sense the new announcment by Jagex: "Oh sorry but it appears that one of our devs made a mess with the numbers and rolled back 30 hours instead of 30 minutes. After that he deleted the save and now there's nothing we can do about it. Oh by the way, go visit Jagex' shop for cool coffee mugs and new t-shirts!"

M_A_R_T.png

Nooooooo. Im currently down 4 levels and I got the current highscore level last night. >.<

Hope this is just a side effect of the rollback and that it will all be fixed.

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

---

:thumbsup:

Quote mod Nexus:

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

Not to worry about losing more than 30 minutes of work then :)

M_A_R_T.png

Now for some milk and cookies.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Quote mod Nexus:

I really hope so, just found out I lost about 7 levels.

---

:thumbsup:

good to hear

48-40 dungeoneering was a scary sight indeed, more than halved my dungeon xp

Naaxi.png

Quote mod Nexus:

Makes sense not to bother backing up the high scores as often as in game stats, as they high scores will just update themselves with info from the game server at login/logout.

Flyingjj.png