12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Is it possible to get green dragons in F2P? I read from RSWiki that it was possible, but I'm still not 100% sure.

If so, oh crap.

Oh and why did Jagex repeat the abandoned theme for the last 5 floors? They could have done something like a "molten" theme or something. Perhaps in batch 2?

Hai! Green dragons? Frost dragons too.

Just pray with protect from magic beforehand and you'll negate a good amount of the firebreath damage. :)

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, last time I didn't kill all monsters and didn't notice any negative percentages?

Also, do you guys bother making a gatestone in the beginning for small maps? I usually start out with selling some trash I find on the table, which lets me buy:

marmaros pick axe

marmaros hatchet

tinderbox

hammer

knife

bow string (I make a bow when I find tier 8 or 9 tree, allthough it might be a bit useless mostly, perhaps I should skip this)

50 rune ess (50 just for convenience, I make 10x earth, air, law, cosmic for gatestone and drop the last 10 ess)

Then I make a gatestone, drop it, and start raiding.

I have gorgonite platebody, gorgonite spear p+ and 150 saggitarean arrows bound (hoping to update to prome spear p++ and prome platebody asap).

I usually take the time to mine at least 2 gorg ores for boots and gloves (15 str bonus + some def), sometimes more for a plateskirt too.

I also kill all monsters normally, allthough I'm thinking about leaving the 100+ alone (and maybe those mastix animals too since I dont need the hides).

Any tips on how to improve? I mostly finish a small dungeon in about 20 minutes.

Just a remark: Don't you think rangers are pretty much disadvantaged here? First of all it's very hard to make decent armour. Those mastix animals are rare, and you'd need 5 of them just to make a body armour of it. Buying the best ones isn't an option either (would cost 400k). Secondly, bows seem to suck big time. I bound a saggitarean longbow for a few rounds (+ arrows) because I was impressed by it's massive (158) ranged bonus. Well, it was still pretty inaccurate, and it only hits 170s something, with 99 ranged. On top of that, it is a longbow, so it is quite slow. I guess platebody + spear bound is better than this bow + spear bound.

Lastly, is anything primal really better than a prome spear?

What me and my mate do is rush 1-29 in f2p with 1 and 2 complex. It takes about 2 hours maximum, then we team up with all of the other pro's and do 5:5 large. F31-35 all take like 1 and 1/2 hours each and resulting in 47k-56k xp. once we're done, rinse and repeat. It averages about 35k xp per hour. I reccomend this for everyone :thumbup:

M_A_R_T.png

Just a remark: Don't you think rangers are pretty much disadvantaged here? First of all it's very hard to make decent armour. Those mastix animals are rare, and you'd need 5 of them just to make a body armour of it. Buying the best ones isn't an option either (would cost 400k). Secondly, bows seem to suck big time. I bound a saggitarean longbow for a few rounds (+ arrows) because I was impressed by it's massive (158) ranged bonus. Well, it was still pretty inaccurate, and it only hits 170s something, with 99 ranged. On top of that, it is a longbow, so it is quite slow. I guess platebody + spear bound is better than this bow + spear bound.

You need to trap those things, not kill them.

I don't think that any primal item is as good all around as the spear, only because of how useful it is to have every combat style.

With more experience, you'll learn what you really need to do, and what you really don't. It's not necessary to make every piece of armor, or most potions, or most of the other things that you *can* make. Just to take the example you gave: you don't need antipoison potions for Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter.

I am a fairly casual raider and it usually takes me 15 to 25 minutes to do a floor solo. I'd prefer to be able to save progress in the middle, but this isn't bad -- longer than a Barrows run but I view them about the same way.

I've never killed him on the first effort without a strong antipoison (not the cheapies they sell in the shop). YMMV.

This is ridiculous. Riftsplitter is one of the easiest bosses. I take probably 15 salve eels + veng casts, and pray piety. If you just move out of the damn things that kill you, he'll be dead in minutes... <_<

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I don't think that any primal item is as good all around as the spear, only because of how useful it is to have every combat style.

Oh damn, thanks for that. Do you get more than one hide this way?

You get 3. I think every time. Ive only done it a couple times though cause I never range.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

When I solo I play like this:

I first collect all the supplies I've been given and sell them all except for the high tier food which usually earns me around 6k cash. I then buy a novite hatchet and pickaxe, a tinderbox, a fly fishing rod, a hammer, 15 feathers, a knife and antipoison. I then buy as many rune essence as I can with the left over cash which usually is enough for around 90 casts of fire surge. And the monsters always drop plenty of rune essence and there are multiple altars crossed over the map so I never have to walk far to the nearest altar to craft some new runes. I like maging in Daemonheim. Fire Surge hits really good down there, and more accurate than melee from what I've seen when I duoed with a friend who is maxed out and was using a tier 10 spear :thumbup:

What's the use of buying/making a higher tier hatchet and pickaxe by the way apart from the increased attack points? I do just fine with the novite ones against the bulwark beast and when I have to open doors and such.

Better hatchets are faster but otherwise not needed. But better pickaxes mean less of the stupid "you crush the useful ore" messages -- you get more ore.

A better pickaxe also wears down the bulwark beast faster.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Better hatchets are faster but otherwise not needed. But better pickaxes mean less of the stupid "you crush the useful ore" messages -- you get more ore.

A better pickaxe also wears down the bulwark beast faster.

I wonder, do you think chopping wood works the same way as mining rocks?

there are times where I only get a single log from a tree afterall, and other times where I get multiple.

I think there's a chance that the game just isnt showing us the "you accidentally destroyed a log" message.

Naaxi.png

I recently got 6 sets of branches from an entgallow tree using some POS hatchet, so I don't think so. This is convenient, but I think it would be better if it worked the same as Mining. (Though the "you crush the useful ore" message is idiotic, given what ore is and how it is smelted!)

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You get 3. I think every time. Ive only done it a couple times though cause I never range.

It actually varies quite a lot. You can get anywhere from 1-5. Five is a guess though, as the most I've gotten from one is four, though I assume you can get five if you're lucky so you don't have to buy the 5th to make a body.

Flyingjj.png

Seems easy enough to integrate. Resources can be lost due difficulty of the resource, level of your own skill, and the item you use.

Ore: 6 max, based off pick and mining

Log: 6 max, based off axe and woodcutting

Flax: 6 max, based off farming

Herbs: 6 max, based off farming

Fish: 10 max, based off fishing

Hides: 6 max, based off trap and hunting

Jagex just needs to be sure to warn us when we lose resources like it does with ores.

Speaking of which, if Jagex integrates dungeoneering around RS, it's not a stretch to put similar resources like the above through other dungeons. It can be tier based, where your Dng level allows you to see/utilize it. It'll still be RS normal resources (lobsters Tier 4, yew Tier 4, adamantite Tier 5, etc.), tied to the individual player (like the shops are now), with limited resources that respawn slowly (say like once every hour per tier level).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Qeltar, was that a one-time occurrence?

It was just one that stuck in my mind. I haven't tested this thoroughly. But I definitely have much better luck with a crappy hatchet than a crappy pickaxe.

signew2.png

On the same line of thought, I've noticed I burn considerably less on Tier 6 logs than the Tier 1 logs. This could be a conicidence, and I haven't throughly tested it (I can generally fuel any food needs through monster drops), but it would be certainly worth investigating

On the same line of thought, I've noticed I burn considerably less on Tier 6 logs than the Tier 1 logs. This could be a conicidence, and I haven't throughly tested it (I can generally fuel any food needs through monster drops), but it would be certainly worth investigating

It's meant to be that way. Firemaking has a use in Daemonheim.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

This is ridiculous. Riftsplitter is one of the easiest bosses. I take probably 15 salve eels + veng casts, and pray piety. If you just move out of the damn things that kill you, he'll be dead in minutes... <_<

By the time I can move, I've already been hit 3 or 4 times. Multiply that by the number of specials and I don't stand a chance without a super anti. <_< It doesn't protect against all of his spew, but it does nullify miasma for the length of the fight. So at least I have a fighting chance.

I eventually get him after 2 or 3 deaths with normal antis from the store.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

By the time I can move, I've already been hit 3 or 4 times. Multiply that by the number of specials and I don't stand a chance without a super anti. <_< It doesn't protect against all of his spew, but it does nullify miasma for the length of the fight. So at least I have a fighting chance.

Why not take the "Cure Me" spell runes? (laws, cosmic, earth and astrals, I believe.) Also, I have no problem with this boss. He's slightly harder when on a team, since his defence increases a lot, but the attacks are easy to avoid, even with a bad connection, as stated below.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Okay well don't take your point of view with terrible internet and assume that nobody can handle it.

My internet is far from the best, but I have no trouble moving before I have even been hit one time.

Myweponsgood.gif

Okay well don't take your point of view with terrible internet and assume that nobody can handle it.

My internet is far from the best, but I have no trouble moving before I have even been hit one time.

I didn't specify whether it was an Internet issue or a Java issue or something else, FWIW. I laid no blame. I just stated what I get from the client - splattered by rain & hit 3 & 4 times before I can flee. Hence, I must cure / prevent.

I see a lot of screen caps where people are playing in low-res mode... perhaps that is a route I will try in the future.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

DId anyone else notice fishing exp is nerfed in the dungeon? :thumbdown:

From what I understand, all skills have lowered amounts of xp since the place isn't meant to be a place for you to do your normal training.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one