Covers VS. Originals

Nathaninch

Emanuel[/b] Covered Smashing Pumpkings - Disarm

Emanuels Version Is Better :).

Spunge/Less then Jake covered Proclaimers - 500 Miles, Less then Jakes version is probably best.

I'll post more when I'm not half asleep :oops:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Children Of Bodom's cover of Britney Spears's "Oops, I did it again" is just hilarious stuff. It's also quite a nice cover. Worth a listen.

Twilightning's cover of Alice Cooper's "Wind-Up Toy", while it doesn't catch the atmosphere of the original, is a very good song - very bombastic and powerful.

Pantera's cover of Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" is alright, nothing special. The original however, is probably one of my favourite songs. Long live the Nuge! :P

In Flames's cover of Depeche Mode's "Everything Counts" is pretty brilliant. They're both good in their own ways, depends on my mood.

Rammstein's cover of Depeche Mode's "Stripped" is just awful.

Van Halen's cover of The Kinks's "You Really Got Me" has got to be one of the better covers ever made. I love it.

2009rb9.jpg

The Shin's cover of We Will Become Shilouettes by Postal Service was great - the original was good, but the cover had a great quirky beat to it..

Postal Services' cover Iron & Wine's such great heights was much more popular than the original, unfortunately. I think the original was great...

Mike Doughty's cover of Real Love by I dunno is fantastic. I remember the original song, and the cover fits the lyrics much better, I think.

Yeah. Don't hurt me. I'm a music noob.

IRKAa.jpg

The Shin's cover of We Will Become Shilouettes by Postal Service was great - the original was good, but the cover had a great quirky beat to it..

Postal Services' cover Iron & Wine's such great heights was much more popular than the original, unfortunately. I think the original was great...

Mike Doughty's cover of Real Love by I dunno is fantastic. I remember the original song, and the cover fits the lyrics much better, I think.

Wait so Such Geat Heights was done originally by Iron & Wine and PS covered it? That's kinda disappinting. I mean it's still a great, but I just loved it so much before and now to find out it isn't an original Postal Service song...:S

It was a complete mockery IMO.

Yours and everybody elses in the sane world.

Obviously I am insane...and everyone else that agrees with me, but yeah...I knew that some people would disagree with me, that's cool.

Hey Shadow?....you mind not being so entirely rude to me 100% of the time. You are a complete jerk to me, and you insult every single thing I say. I can't even say the grass is green without you jumping all over me and saying, "Wth MPC are you serious? You are the dumbest person ever, you are so insane. I hate you, you stupid moron."

Get off me.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Obviously I am insane...and everyone else that agrees with me, but yeah...I knew that some people would disagree with me, that's cool.

Hey, take it easy man, just a joke. I mean, I can't change your opinion in music just as you can't change mine. Meaning that I can't seriously insult you for liking something, it's not like you shouldn't. OK, maybe the 'sanity' bit was a tad too far, just that I genuinelly haven't found anyone who thinks the LTJ cover is better.

So basically, yeah, sorry if I offended you man.

Hey, take it easy man, just a joke. I mean, I can't change your opinion in music just as you can't change mine. Meaning that I can't seriously insult you for liking something, it's not like you shouldn't. OK, maybe the 'sanity' bit was a tad too far, just that I genuinelly haven't found anyone who thinks the LTJ cover is better.

So basically, yeah, sorry if I offended you man.

Nah man you didn't offend me...haha it's alright I don't really care....Unlike Shadow who does everything to offend me and insult me...but whatever...no problem

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Arjen Lucassen and After Forever - Who Wants To Live Forever

Never released on any album, the file floats around under both that artist tag and Ayreon and After Forever if you look for it. The way they changed the song into a duet is brilliant.

ooh man, how could i forget!

Reel Big Fish - Take On Me :D

Very awesome cover, got a video release and everything, not to mention was in the movie BASEketball :)

logo.jpg

ooh man, how could i forget!

Reel Big Fish - Take On Me :D

Very awesome cover, got a video release and everything, not to mention was in the movie BASEketball :)

Hahaha how could we forget??!?

Oh man...one of the greatest RBF songs and Baseketball, one of the greatest movies ever.

Wait so Such Geat Heights was done originally by Iron & Wine and PS covered it? That's kinda disappinting. I mean it's still a great, but I just loved it so much before and now to find out it isn't an original Postal Service song...:S

Indeed it was..

IRKAa.jpg

Arjen Lucassen and After Forever - Who Wants To Live Forever

Never released on any album, the file floats around under both that artist tag and Ayreon and After Forever if you look for it. The way they changed the song into a duet is brilliant.

Is that the one he did with that really young girl? I remember reading something about it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think it needs to be pointed out that the worst covers ever were:

William Shatner- Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Madonna- American pie

Couldn't agree more with Madonna, she butched American Pie.

Complete kick in the balls to the original.

I don't really see what's so bad about the cover of American Pie, I can listen to it easily...

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Don't know if they've been mentioned but here are some good covers

Deftones - Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Jonny Cash - Hurt (Nine Inch Nails

Metallica - Whisky In The Jar (Thin Lizzy)

A Perfect Circle - Imagine (John Lennon)

Korn - Word Up (Cameo)

Pantera - Cat Scratch Fever (Ted Nugent)

Rage Against The Machine - How I Could Just Kill A Man (Cypress Hill)

Sepultura - Bullet The Blue Sky - (U2)

Other than that, pretty much anything Hendrix ever covered.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I thought everyone hated Word Up. First time I heard it when I wasn't into KoRn (or much music at all for that matter), I thought it was okay ... then I conformed to my brother's taste and started hating KoRn. It seems a lot of people really despise KoRn's cover but I quite like it.

Mad World - Tears for Fears, Covered by Gary Jules.

Gary Jules took a poetic but awkward song by Tears for Fears and made it his. You may reckognize this from Donnie Darko. Simply fantastic cover by Jules.

That was a cover? :shock:

I don't think anyone has mentioned Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit. It was originally by The Who. I don't much like the original, but LB's cover is cool.

Where can I hear "Hotel California" as covered by Less Than Jake? With all the controversy, I'm kind of curious... :lol:

finalsig9wq.gif

I don't think anyone has mentioned Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit. It was originally by The Who. I don't much like the original, but LB's cover is cool.

Where can I hear "Hotel California" as covered by Less Than Jake? With all the controversy, I'm kind of curious... :lol:

:shock: Jesus wept. I thought the Less Than Jake cover was bad enough, but after hearing Fred Durst ruin that song...I think I'm going to be sick. Violently.

:shock: Jesus wept. I thought the Less Than Jake cover was bad enough, but after hearing Fred Durst ruin that song...I think I'm going to be sick. Violently.

Awww....I'm not sure where you can find it :?

Limp Bizkit's new song is a cover of The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (which i think is also a cover of a rolling stones song or something?)

It really makes me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty hooks. It's absolutely terrible.

Their cover of behind blue eyes would be good, except for the crappy robot voices halfway through. Ugh :roll:

logo.jpg