21-April-10 Slayer Challenges

Toad

The Bandos room might be a bit more worthy to farm.

Not with the fall in gem prices. And besides, a 30 second trip to the bank and telly back every two hours is hardly an inconvenience.

You are underestimating the laziness of Runescape players.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all in all, awesome update. first thing i did was try the demo mode to hear the new voices. (couldn't help but think, wow, there needs to be an American voice for our characters! :mrgreen: ) (and they said they wouldnt be adding voices to any quests when I asked the audio team about it in a Q&A. so much for that!)The reward pricing is much more reasonable now. Got myself a gem bag, no more leaving gems on the floor while slaying :D and the slayer challenges seem nice, wont really affect me tho, as i wont go to lower masters just to try them.

as far as the bonecrusher, it is interesting, as i dont bother to bury normal or big bones. however, for the pice, i think ill wait until after i have chaotic long and kitesheild.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm most impressed with the voice acting in the tutorial! I half expected it to sound lame and cheesy but it was done quite well! The narrator woman was especially good, not sounding too ethereal but also maintaining a tone of all-knowingness!

Hopefully this will apply to all dialogue in the rest of the game soon enough! It will especially give that oomph factor to the quests!

The lowering of Daemonheim rewards costs is also a very welcome addition and Slayer also gets deeper with more tasks.

Fantastic work, Jagex! Very good follow up update to Dungeoneering! =D>

Fellsig.jpg

This is pretty much an "other news" update :(

seriously they could have added these challenges as a minor update with another this isnt a weeks updates surely...?

Ye, the best update this year should come a week after the dungeoneering skill update ;) I think most of us are busy doing dungeoneering anyway.

The ''challenges'' aren't a big deal from what I've read. The upgrade to the rewards is epic tough. Finally some more realistic numbers for the non-hardcore player. I love it :)

2k for a gem bag, 10k for a scroll of life. Personally I love them. Bonecrusher only 34k!!!!

One problem is the Bonecrusher still takes level 62 to buy, and requires 21 to use. Chaotic weapons are finally priced correctly.

I'm gonna try out those new slayer challenges, i kinda want to go on a dragon hunting challenge from vannaka...... I wonder if its faster slayer xp to use a lower master and do the challenges quickly.

pere_grin.png

How long would it take one to get the 34k tokens? :?

~lvl62 dungeon

and people, the bonecrusher is seriously overrated

That is true, I did some very rough math in my head. You receive roughly 400k prayer exp if you max out melee with armour zombies. However, a small bonus is a bonus.

I was thinking in terms of slayer, certainly by the time you're using kuradel there are very few tasks that actually drop bones, so the best usage is indeed AZ/bandits, but even then it's very small as you said.

One use that I see for the bonecrusher is the mass killing of lvl3 people. Think about it, if you can one hit them and get the experience for the bones that they drop without having to actually bury them it could be pretty significant prayer experience because of the raw numbers of people that you are killing.

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

One use that I see for the bonecrusher is the mass killing of lvl3 people. Think about it, if you can one hit them and get the experience for the bones that they drop without having to actually bury them it could be pretty significant prayer experience because of the raw numbers of people that you are killing.

Or you could kill goblins. :P

The Slayer Challenges are a bit random, but overall not bad I suppose. They're a bit on the easy side though, other then Sumona's Kalphite Queen challenge, none of the other ones are even worth considering moderately challenging. I expected something better from a Master like Duradel. But hey, it's extra XP and points, and something different.

The change to the rewards price.... :thumbup:

Now I just need to actually start playing this mini-game skill.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Or you could kill goblins. :P

Kill chickens :P

But yeah, I just realised the gem bag is going to drive down gem prices which is ftl. I was going to get it sooner since I love Shilo gem mining, but I might leave it until after the Bonecrusher and Tome of frost now.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I liked the old prices of the Dungeoneering, because those rewards have so much power imo.

But now it's easier to get fillers :)

It doesnt make sense if it has a lower requirement but you actual acquire it at a much higher level, it is an oversight by jagex and hence the fix.

Patch notes-

# Black full helms are now available to purchase in limited supply from helmet shops, as well as having a small chance to drop from some NPCs.

# Corrected a problem whereby previous Easter emotes weren't displaying as having been unlocked.

# Fixed a problem with the ancient maces special attack.

# There have been numerous fixes to Dungeoneering, both in-game and in the Game Guide.

I dont get why they didnt say anything about the dungeoneering changes.

"We have done some changes to the in-game content and in the knowledge base." might as well be posted instead of the patch notes in this case. :P

A new bank NPC near Musa Point can now convert your fish into bank notes, which should prove quite useful.

Throwing a bone to the free players - I like it.

indeed!

AWESOME!

That has been needed for over 4 years now. Glad they finally snapped to their senses.

I wish that was there when I was fishing 25k lobsters back on RSC. =(

Can't wait to try out the new demo to hear the voices. XD

I'm wondering is: Can you buy and use more than one Coal Bag. Imagine 12 of those in your inventory. By the way, I'm guessing you're limited to one gem and coal bag, and if you do get more than 1 then they'll all register the same count (much like the dung necklace .... I forgot we had a dung necklace)

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

So do the slayer masters randomly give these new tasks or can you like ask them for it?

They randomly give them. When you get a task there's a small chance of them offering a task. You can then either accept it or decline it. Declining doesn't cost you anything though.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Will the npc banker at Musa Point drastically change the price of Tuna, Lobster, and Swordies?

Theoretically, there will be a higher supply of these fish since people don't have to run so far...but I don't see demand increasing much. Possibly a small reduction in price, however I doubt they'll drastically change.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Will the npc banker at Musa Point drastically change the price of Tuna, Lobster, and Swordies?

Wouldn't have thought that a significant amount of fish get fished here. Of course if the banking time is a lot quicker than the Fishing guild/Catherby, and lots of people start to fish here, I expect there may well be a drop in fish prices.

Tuna & lobster are already gained en masse by doing mtk: so I doubt they change a lot. Lobster price might drop though!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It's a bit early to tell, but I think they will fall at least a bit. Until now, F2P could either flyfish for 30-40k exp/hour or do lobs/swords for 20k/hour with banking but more profit. I did a test a couple months ago at 80 fishing and I seem to recall getting 33k exp/hour selling my fish to the general store. So now, lobs/swords are both on par for exp with fly fishing but also a good chunk of GP. Even if you catch 300 lobs per hour (27k exp), that's like 140k which is really good for F2P skilling profit.

So, being the best F2P training method, I'd say that the fish will take a small dive.