Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I shouldn't have quoted that entire post. I don't have a problem with gender specific cancer awareness - since these cancers are practically gender specific - but more of the example I said. Why should a shelter be labled and exclusive? I'm not hating on women, simply that it's far from progressive to still have this "women are delicate little flowers" attitude. It's patronizing.

And it irked me that what he said was perfectly reasonable and you snapped at him for it. Cancer is cancer, they're all pretty bad... So why focus on one? I think that's what Riku meant.

2dgucz6.png

They call it cancer for a reason. It's fast, it's aggressive, it gets [cabbage] done. They don't call it can't-cer, because it can, and it does.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

[hide]

It doesn't annoy me, but when I see things advertising things like "Raise awareness for women's lung cancer (Or any disease that anybody can get) at...", it makes me wonder.

It's not just women who can get them...

It only really irks me with breast cancer. Yeah, it sucks that you've got breast cancer, but men can get it as well. You also don't see men giving themselves a month for testicular and prostate cancer awareness. How about instead of "Breat Cancer Awareness Month" it's just "Cancer Awareness Month"?

Awareness is awareness, shut the [bleep] up.

Also, http://movember.com/ ???

So other bad things should be ignored because one bad thing is receiving attention?

Dunno how I got to this thread, but I kinda agree. I find things rather annoying that are aimed at only a single gender - although really only aid type things which would be helpful to either gender.

A womens' shelter? Do only women need help? Are only women down on their luck and or abused? Give me a break. Is that not insulting, actually? ""Yeah this shelter is only for women, they need all the help they can get!""

Also, I don't come to Off-Topic often. Are you just a typical [wagon], tortoise?

And finally something that bothers me more than uneven gender aid or typical [wagon]:

LONG HAIRS. Long hair as a hairstyle is terrific but when I find long strands of hair in my food or on a seat or something... It makes me mildly sick to my stomach. And I don't get that way easily (with the exception of long hairs!! :unsure: )...

You're the one whining about women getting "discriminatory" aid or more awareness than average while completely ignoring all the November mustaches. It's like you drove your wagon down wagon alley and wagonned it there.

Hey guess what you two, women aren't the only one being treated for breast cancer. Yes, thats right, scientists aren't [bleep]ing stupid! Surprise!! They also even give men medication for cervical cancer, which is something I can't get (I can't speak for you obviously).

Would breast cancer advertisements really get the same support and awareness with Fat Steve being the flagship?

[/hide]

Just in case that was all directed at me, I'd like to point out the

It doesn't annoy me... [rest of post here]...it makes me wonder" part. It makes me wonder in the sense that there's ultimately two groups being affected by this non-gender related disease, yet they're completely ignoring one group because of their gender. Breast cancer, although men can get it, I understand having awareness raised for the women, because the majority people would say "LOL a guy has boob cancer" if they attempted to raise awareness for men's breast cancer. And any money raised will still end up helping men and women. That last point can be applied to the other diseases too, but most (Not all) diseases are not gender oriented.

Tl;dr: Raising awareness is good, but don't ignore one half of the mix.

Cold. Snow. Ice.

Im ready for summer.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I fail to see how that's annoying.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's annoying that I had to explain that to him. He should just know!

Well, I was directing my post to Dizzle rather than you.

[bleep] i'm pissed off.

I cut my right hand, palm surface near the thumb (don't know english name) while opening a coconut yesterday, and i can't do griptraining today. Damn it pisses me off.

And i already did legs yesterday, so can't do that either... Bah!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

When the teachers assigns group work, and you get grouped with a lazy student who does nothing but text the whole class period.

Just got my hair cut, and the lady who cut my hair ranted at me about her boyfriend for most of the time she wasn't asking me how to cut my hair.

I was just like: "I'm sorry that you got knocked up before you got married, but you aren't very late in your term yet, and if he's really delayed 4 years now, you should have known better. Also, I don't care."

And now I'm in a downcast mood thinking about my love life, or more specifically my lack thereof, and yeah.

Tl;dr, I hate awkward situations that I don't start or have control of.

Edit: Though, I'm on facebook now, and the girl I asked to prom doesn't have a date. Which cheers me up slightly, and pisses me off slightly as well.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence Especially When It's A Pretty Long Sentence Like This

I don't see at all why people do this, it would just take longer to type out.

It's worse when they do it while using short forms, that sort of takes away the point of using short forms.

So Wat R U Doin Today?

It's really pointless.

Instructors who go on a long speech about why we, as students, should not want them to "curve" a grade. Yes, we all know what the [bleep] curving a grade actually is (putting it to a bell curve, ect.) but what we really mean is just adjust the scores upwards slightly on a difficult test (I.E highest score 90% adjust the scores up by 10%).

Seriously annoys me to no end when instructors do this, and a lot of them do.

I always got really confused when a student asked a teacher to curve a grade... I never understood what they were talking about :wall:... Why is it called curving a grade anyway? It doesn't make sense... I don't get it >.>

Things that annoy the hell outta me? Uhh... I guess I'll just agree with everybody else here and say anybody that isn't me.

It is curving a grade, called a Bell Curve. Technically, imagine a bell. On the right side of the bell there are the D's, and F's. On the left side of the bell are the A's and B's. In the middle (top of the bell) there are the C's. Curving means that instead of the left side of the bell being 100%, it is the highest grade in the class or curved by a certain percent.

Lets use 10% curve as an example. Instead of the far left being 100%, it is 90%. So the average would normally be a 60%, but the curve in the middle gets smaller, so any grades that were C's and up, are pushed left, giving you a better grade than you actually got.

Now, if someone got 100% on the test that was curved 10%, they would end up with a 110%.

No1s_Perfect.png

These god damn chain message thing:

The GIRL you just called FAT? She has been STARVING herself & has lost over 30lbs. The BOY you just called STUPID? He has a LEARNING DISABILITY & studies over 4hrs a night. The GIRL you just called UGLY? She spends hours putting MAKEUP on hoping people will LIKE her. The BOY you just TRIPPED? He is ABUSED enough at HOME. There's a lot more to people than you think. Put this as your status if you're against BULLYING

The girl I called fat? If she was starving herself and lost 30lbs then I probably wouldn't be calling her fat would I? I'd be calling her anorexic. The boy I called stupid? I don't know any "normal" person that studies for 4 hours a night let alone a person with a learning disabilty. The girl I called ugly? Obviously she's doing it wrong if I'm still calling her ugly after she puts on her make up. The boy I just tripped? I don't exactly remember tripping anyone for no reason whatsoever but how in the hell do you know that he was abused at home? Quit making [cabbage] up.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The GIRL you just called FAT? She has been STARVING herself & has lost over 30lbs. The BOY you just called STUPID? He has a LEARNING DISABILITY & studies over 4hrs a night. The GIRL you just called UGLY? She spends hours putting MAKEUP on hoping people will LIKE her. The BOY you just TRIPPED? He is ABUSED enough at HOME. There's a lot more to people than you think. Put this as your status if you're against BULLYING

The girl I called fat? If she was starving herself and lost 30lbs then I probably wouldn't be calling her fat would I? I'd be calling her anorexic. The boy I called stupid? I don't know any "normal" person that studies for 4 hours a night let alone a person with a learning disabilty. The girl I called ugly? Obviously she's doing it wrong if I'm still calling her ugly after she puts on her make up. The boy I just tripped? I don't exactly remember tripping anyone for no reason whatsoever but how in the hell do you know that he was abused at home? Quit making [cabbage] up.

I used your message on someone's post on my fb wall :P

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

That PERSON whose CHAIN LETTER you just made FUN of? They have a SERIOUS disability that causes them to RANDOMLY write words in ALLCAPS.

Also, recorded lectures with awful quality. That combined with a high-pitched lecturer who sounds like she's always on crack makes for an unpleasant hour of listening.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men