Back in my day...

1roddad1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back in my day, i would run to the wilderness red spider hut, pick up 3 steel legs [if i could] before i died then run to louie legs to sell them.

then run to the wilderness...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Back in my day, people didn't know the difference between there, they're and their. I guess some things never change.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Back in my day, people didn't know the difference between there, they're and their. I guess some things never change.

just think - there refers to a place, remember it by t"here"

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

• 3 weeks later...

What do i remember.......White party hats being traded for a dragon chain, whips being 30mish and stable at 10m for ages, When guthans was the best gear for slayers.

Oh and i laugh at anyone who moans because its hard to make money, try making money back in 03-04.

I remember when I made money owning people for millions in the duel arena. Back when millions ment you where wealthy or even rich...

I remember the three time's i've quit just to always come back and re-learn the game heck probably why I quit.

I remember when farming, slayer, summoning, construction, hunter, and now dungeoneering (maybe new) where released.

I remember having two halloween mask sets and a santa and being considered rich everywhere I went at 40 million.

I remember years passing by and super rich is easily 10-20x what I am now!

Gotta love runescape. It really has evolved so much.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Back in my day, there was only one guy with a runeplatebody.

0.o

Really though, THAT was before my time :)

Back in my day, Shades robes were selling for 20k. And people always asked you if they could trim your armor.

siggy2z.png

Back in my day, there was no trade limit, W2 Falador park, W6 and 9 Cammy bank, and W18 edge. And d chain was its max at 20m and dragon was the best armor in the game. Hmm, and there was good ol' fashion pking, scams in the wild, and 1 boat at pc.

I miss those days ...

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

• 2 weeks later...

Back in my day Santa hats were 200k

Back in my day fletching was an elite skill

Back in my day Legend's cape was Elite

Back in my day N0valyfe and Zezima were the talk of the town

Back in my day you dropped what you were doing to see a Bank Sale

Back in my day you'd spend half an hour to get into w2 fally

the list goes on and on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No bots, No GE, No Cons/Hunter/Sum/Dunge.

No Corp/GWS/TDS, good old PK'ing, no Trade limit.

No skill capes, far out the list goes on, but yeah. Those would be the first few to mind.

Bots were always there even in classic.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Back in my day there was no sound in low detail.

Back in my day one Pest Control game took around 30 seconds with a good team.

Back in my day you didn't get an easy 20k on a new account from the strongholds.

Back in my day all members wore dragon when they came to a F2P world.

Back in my day the only Lumbridge mine (the one with better ores) was in the eastern part of the swamp, and you had to enter the swamp from Draynor, where the closest bank was too.

Back in my day everyone with a 99 skill was respected. There were no "noob skills".

Back in my day you could complete Shield of Arrav by buying a certificate from a general store and giving it to the king. You didn't need a friend.

Back in my day rune essence was 30 gp each and you bought it at the Varrock east bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in my day, most.. if not all the F2P quests didn't have fancy cutscences or quest specific npcs (eg. Black Sheeps)

Back in my day, you had to report back to Ozairch in order to complete Dragon Slayer.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

back in my day, there was no bank in Lumbridge

Back in my day, you had to spend 10 minutes refreshing the world list to get into world 2

Back in my day, D meds were the best drop from kbd, and were worth 1m, which was good money.

Back in my day there was no sound in low detail.

Back in my day one Pest Control game took around 30 seconds with a good team.

Back in my day you didn't get an easy 20k on a new account from the strongholds.

Back in my day all members wore dragon when they came to a F2P world.

Back in my day the only Lumbridge mine (the one with better ores) was in the eastern part of the swamp, and you had to enter the swamp from Draynor, where the closest bank was too.

Back in my day everyone with a 99 skill was respected. There were no "noob skills".

Back in my day you could complete Shield of Arrav by buying a certificate from a general store and giving it to the king. You didn't need a friend.

Back in my day rune essence was 30 gp each and you bought it at the Varrock east bank.

Lol, I remember when they were just putting sounds into Low detail, it was awsome :P

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Back in my day, I picked bananas for a living until the wizards near Varrock killed me

Also, there was no Halloween event that year

When was this? I don't ever remember not having a Halloween event post RS2

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 3 weeks later...