Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

I hate to rain on this post obviously slanted toward the rapier but tbh it is a bunch of bunk, fabricated by people to justify the mistake they made in getting a rapier instead of the superior cls.

I have a cls and I live slayer. I have NEVER been out killed by a rapier. Usually I make 2 kills with my cls vs 1 kill with a rapier by my peers. From personal experience and lots and lots of slaying, rapier hits 500's-600's while CLS hits 600's-700's and that is on supers NOT extremes.

Do the math...CLS is 20+ better attack, 30+ better strength, and they both hit about the same speed. The result is that you will hit around 100 LP more per hit with the CLS.

There is no noticiable difference in speed between the two, however, CLS consistently WAY out hits the rapier. The whip never out hits cls or rapier for whoever said whip was better at slayer lol.

I'm sorry that you all wasted your 200k points on a rapier but the fact of the matter is:

CLS>rap>whip

But all is not lost, save up for that CLS next time.

(as a side note, CLS destroys godsword at bandos. I crashed 6 ffa godswords at bandos and they all left b/c I was getting every kill.)

Keep in mind that all the ppl on here slamming the cls have never used a CLS.

Anyone considering a rapier should try out primal rapier in dungeoneering. I have. I have used both a cls and a primal rapier. CLS owns rapier.

Oh dear god... You know, read what you write out loud for a sec, maybe you'd understand how ridiculous it would sound. But really, if you feel that CLS kills things twice as fast as rapier(which would likely mean 70% accuracy boost for cls vs. rapier) then really, who are we to tell you that you are wrong. As long as you have your sword and are happy with it, there is no problem- after all, all of us who have the rapier are profiting from your mistakes.

By the way, i use a primal rapier in dungeoneering, and it is 100% the best weapon for melee dps on low defense or stab weak monsters. And really, comparing primal rapier(in dungeoneering) to CLS(in real runescape) to try to prove a point just shows how clueless you really are. Anyone with half a brain can see trough your ''why the hell did i get this piece of **** instead of rapier'' remorse. Gud on ya.

Oh, and really, rapier hits at about the same speed as darts/knives, There is no noticeable difference if you have your eyes shut :thumbsup:

LOL either u have never seen a rapier in action next to a whip or cls OR you are extremely delusional. Rapier is not even as fast as dds. I'm guessing a lot of you are the same type of people that also swear that there is no such thing as Primal Chain eventhough I've had one have know 5 other people that have had one.

renshae.jpg

I hate to rain on this post obviously slanted toward the rapier but tbh it is a bunch of bunk, fabricated by people to justify the mistake they made in getting a rapier instead of the superior cls.

I have a cls and I live slayer. I have NEVER been out killed by a rapier. Usually I make 2 kills with my cls vs 1 kill with a rapier by my peers. From personal experience and lots and lots of slaying, rapier hits 500's-600's while CLS hits 600's-700's and that is on supers NOT extremes.

Do the math...CLS is 20+ better attack, 30+ better strength, and they both hit about the same speed. The result is that you will hit around 100 LP more per hit with the CLS.

There is no noticiable difference in speed between the two, however, CLS consistently WAY out hits the rapier. The whip never out hits cls or rapier for whoever said whip was better at slayer lol.

I'm sorry that you all wasted your 200k points on a rapier but the fact of the matter is:

CLS>rap>whip

But all is not lost, save up for that CLS next time.

(as a side note, CLS destroys godsword at bandos. I crashed 6 ffa godswords at bandos and they all left b/c I was getting every kill.)

Keep in mind that all the ppl on here slamming the cls have never used a CLS.

Anyone considering a rapier should try out primal rapier in dungeoneering. I have. I have used both a cls and a primal rapier. CLS owns rapier.

LOLOLOLOL. Rapier hitting over 700's in kuras dungeon says high.

Are you illiterate or jsut have a learning disability? I said cls can hit over 700 in kuras, on supers, not rapier. I've never seen a rapier hit over 700. Although, I have heard that on extremes rap can hit 800 I have never seen it. See, unlike most of the people on here I dont just take the speculations and theories of others as fact. I have to test and try speculations and theories to verify that they are true and everything that I have stated in my post is based upon observations and fact not my frustrations and feelings of inadequacy over the fact that I chose a rapier instead of a cls.

renshae.jpg

Just stop, there is not need to be a troll. You aren't convincing anyone.

Yes, I understand that there are always people in the world that will never be swayed by the facts and logic, but are rather run around being cast hither and yon based upon their emotions.

The facts are clear. If you do not believe me and are seriously considering CLS vs Rapier please go see for your self. Go Kuras and watch a whip, rapier and cls next to each other. Go to Dungeoneering and try out a prom or primal rapier and see if it REALLY is as fast as darts.

Check out the real hard verifiable stats on the weps: CLS +20 str over rap; CLS +30 attk over rap; there are no verifiable stats for speed or dsp on the weps; people that quote speed and dsp on the rapier are simply fabricating them.

If you already have a rapier...pown ya later .

renshae.jpg

Rapier + Defender in maximum strength gear with Extreme Strength AND Turmoil's final boost AND +40 from Fero Ring while on task doesn't hit 700, it's only a ~680. CLS in identical situations hits ~730.

Although, Renshae, there is a flaw in your argument. The fact of the matter is, the rapier IS noticeably faster.

There is no noticiable difference in speed between the two

Ok, so if you were to use a Rapier, then switch to a CLS, you wouldn't notice a SIGNIFICANT drop in speed, but in the long run, the Rapier is faster and that speed DOES add up.

Enough to make the Rapier better? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think you can completely disregard speed just by saying that you don't notice a difference.

Rapier + Defender in maximum strength gear with Extreme Strength AND Turmoil's final boost AND +40 from Fero Ring while on task doesn't hit 700, it's only a ~680. CLS in identical situations hits ~730.

Although, Renshae, there is a flaw in your argument. The fact of the matter is, the rapier IS noticeably faster.

Ok, so if you were to use a Rapier, then switch to a CLS, you wouldn't notice a SIGNIFICANT drop in speed, but in the long run, the Rapier is faster and that speed DOES add up.

Enough to make the Rapier better? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think you can completely disregard speed just by saying that you don't notice a difference.

to chicken: Yes yes you're quite right, I was halucinating when I hit 700 with a cls, and you know this as fact because there are not any max hit calcs out there yet that include CLS or rapier.

to zaps: i'm not saying that rapier is not faster than CLS. I'm saying it is not much faster. It's kinda like the difference between dlong and dscim. It is not as fast as ddarts as someone else posted here earlier. However, dds is faster than a whip. Would you rather have a dds (disregarding the spec) or a whip? Of course not, although dds is faster it does not hit nearly as high as a whip.

The ddart comparison is also flawed. Speed does not always mean great dsp. As a rule in RS when a weapon is faster it is faster at the sacrifice of damage. Ask yourself if speed is king, why dont you see the vast majority of people slaying or pking with DDARTS or throwing knives? Why do people only use dds for specs between whip hits? Following the logic that speed is king one would sell their whip or GS and only use a dds...

renshae.jpg

What? I never said you didn't hit 700 with CLS. I've hit 700s with my CLS. The first statement about the max hit was directly at stonewall, who said the rapier hits 700+ in Kuradal's Dungeon. I used the Max Hit calculator and determined that it doesn't, then proved that the CLS can.

I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I didn't expect there to be so many posts in between.

Yes yes you're quite right, I was halucinating when I hit 700 with a cls, and you know this as fact because there are not any max hit calcs out there yet that include CLS or rapier.

You're stupid

@ renshae

fishing.gif

lol

A wise man once said:

You know you are winning an argument when your opponent has run out of counter arguments and resorts to name calling and threats of violence.

A wise man once said: "Read the thread before you post nonsense."

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ok wanna fight in full bandos your cls vs my rapier in pvp world?

lol btw check and compare your BHR to mine; then look up what clan I'm in...I don't think you wanna do that.

So you are saying you are gonna call down your clan to help you with a 1v1 fight? Or is my reading comprehension twice as good as yours? (i.e. very low)

pere_grin.png

Just stop, there is not need to be a troll. You aren't convincing anyone.

Yes, I understand that there are always people in the world that will never be swayed by the facts and logic, but are rather run around being cast hither and yon based upon their emotions.

The facts are clear. If you do not believe me and are seriously considering CLS vs Rapier please go see for your self. Go Kuras and watch a whip, rapier and cls next to each other. Go to Dungeoneering and try out a prom or primal rapier and see if it REALLY is as fast as darts.

Check out the real hard verifiable stats on the weps: CLS +20 str over rap; CLS +30 attk over rap; there are no verifiable stats for speed or dsp on the weps; people that quote speed and dsp on the rapier are simply fabricating them.

If you already have a rapier...pown ya later .

Your logic is that we underestimate cls because we don't have one...do you have a rapier? guessed so.

Anyway, For max hits, in kurdals dungeon, rapier maxes at 674(accurate mode, fury, defender), i could be a bit wrong(as i havn't tested it that much and have only seen from other peoples hits) longsword would max at ~730 at the same conditions, so that is 8,3% increase in maximum damage. For accuracy for slayer monsters, on most monsters you will have exactly the same accuracy apart from a few exceptions(skeletal wyverns have great stab def), but lets say, for the sake of an argument that the cls is 5% more accurate on dark beasts(relatively high defense), and even that number is a clear overestimation(accuracy matters very little when you have turm/ovl/slayer helmet). So by that estimation, cls is 113% of the weapon a rapier is, but is 80% as speedy, resulting in an overall percentage of 90% against the rapier- and even that is an overestimation. Clearly, if you are experiencing anything else but cls getting whopped by the rapier, you are just dreaming. For a fact, i have slayed over 8m xp with the rapier already and for melee only tasks(no steel titan, cannon) it is an overall 14% faster slayer xp, and exactly the same rate as with an abyssal whip/zamorakian spear combo for slayer, when comparing the numbers from other people. If you have any clear cut tests of efficiency yourself, we'd all like to see them, but if you don't, your arguments are looking more bleak by the moment.

Also, as an absolute proof that this guy is an idiot and that you should not read any of his posts, he is saying that the dragon dagger is faster than an abyssal whip. If you or anyone else thinks so too, i feel very sorry for you.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

lol btw check and compare your BHR to mine; then look up what clan I'm in...I don't think you wanna do that.

So you are saying you are gonna call down your clan to help you with a 1v1 fight? Or is my reading comprehension twice as good as yours? (i.e. very low)

I'm saying his bhr is top 200k and mine is top 10k.

Don't need my clan:

bwukimpb.jpg

renshae.jpg

Don't need my clan:

bwukimpb.jpg

then why did you bring them into this?

fishing.gif

Don't need my clan:

bwukimpb.jpg

then why did you bring them into this?

I was alluding to the fact that as a member of the #1 p2p clan in the game, along with the fact that my bhr is much higher than his, my experience pking obviously far exceeds his and it would hardly be a fair test of the Rapier vs CLS.

renshae.jpg

Don't need my clan:

bwukimpb.jpg

OMG you killed someone in BH!!!! no one has ever done that before!!!!!!!!! YOU must be GOD, and we should all bow down before your total awesomeness!!!

CBA to edit me killing you into my chat box for the fun of it.

I would expect you to just continue as you are tho, because of course you are the only one with any sense, who could even imagine that any one else's opinion my in fact be correct, and you might just be blowing steam. The idea is unfathomable.

Oh, and not being fair would most likely be exactly what you would say when you lost as well.

pere_grin.png

Don't need my clan:

bwukimpb.jpg

OMG you killed someone in BH!!!! no one has ever done that before!!!!!!!!! YOU must be GOD, and we should all bow down before your total awesomeness!!!

CBA to edit me killing you into my chat box for the fun of it.

I would expect you to just continue as you are tho, because of course you are the only one with any sense, who could even imagine that any one else's opinion my in fact be correct, and you might just be blowing steam. The idea is unfathomable

lol Check my alog...I pk LOTS of ppl...

renshae.jpg