Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

I've read this thread through and through but I'm probably going to get cls. Runescapes bosses are not going to get any Easyer and 200k is a lot of tokens to spend on a one day outdated rapier. I may be wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

Again, I got CLS for it's amazing versatility. It is first or second best at any given location. I'd much rather have that than the Rapier, which is fantastic in training, competitive on easier bosses, and not great on tougher bosses.

Plus, add the fact that when you have 99 summoning, 96 prayer and overloads, who will you be competing against? Answer: the people with those same maxed stats and a Rapier/Maul. Sure I'd theoretically lose, but the few duels you do face are rare enough to convince me to world hop without feeling bad about efficiency.

So yes, in some places I'm not going to do as great as if I bought the rapier, and in some places I'm going to be inferior to those who use a maul. But I'd rather take the middle road, where a viable option to open to me wherever I go, than a weapon that is only good half the time and restricts me to those places.

The point was made that bosses won't necessarily have a sharp defense increase. That's true, but if you think about it, it's more likely to happen than not to happen. So as the scale tips more in favor of the Maul, the CLS continues to gain more and more of an edge against the Rapier, and all the while you can use the CLS effectively everywhere.

But it's also worth noting that small boosts (gear with higher strength bonuses, accuracy bonuses, etc) benefit faster weapons more than slower weapons. A dragon defender, for example, would almost certainly close the gap between CLS and CR for those few situations where a CLS is better (doesn't include solo Bandos, though).

Food for thought.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Basically for me.

- CLS at Black dragon/Mithril Dragon tasks, & Godwars.

- CM at TDS (it's actually effective here but CLS is just as good Maul can hit around the 600 mark so its less effort) still waiting to use my Maul at Sara, and of course Waterfiends it's awesome, funny thing about Maul it's not that slow compared to CLS its around the same speed.

- CR Everywhere else.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Actually rapier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cls for dragons, there is no argument.

I wouldn't agree with that, I use CR for Bronze, Irons, Steels, Blues. But I opt for the higher stab on the tougher ones (Blacks & Miths) as I find CLS more effective versus their defense. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> there is no arguement ;)

But it's also worth noting that small boosts (gear with higher strength bonuses, accuracy bonuses, etc) benefit faster weapons more than slower weapons. A dragon defender, for example, would almost certainly close the gap between CLS and CR for those few situations where a CLS is better (doesn't include solo Bandos, though).

Food for thought.

Very true, but it does not compromise the CLS's position. Even if the Rapier is able to beat the CLS in more places, the CLS will still be able to act better than it in some places, because the CLS can semi-adopt the properties of a Chaotic Maul better than the Rapier can.

What I mean is this.

If the Rapier is better than the CLS or CM, the Rapier will be better than the CLS (ok duh).

If the CLS is better than the Rapier, the Rapier will be worse than the CLS (ok duh).

If the CM is better than the Rapier, the Rapier will be worse than the CLS (because the CLS is more like the CM than the Rapier is).

Thus, the CLS can lose some ground to the CR without losing versatility. It can shape itself to act like a slightly-lesser CR or CM in any situation. And to me, that appealed the most.

But a combination of rapier and maul will always beat the cls, and now with 47 floors its easier to get both.

I feel all 3 would be best, it's why I have all of them. Plus it's future proofing for future monsters, a boss could come out that a CM or a CLS would be best for, I'd rather have them ready than having to go back to that horrible place called dungeoneering :twisted:

But a combination of rapier and maul will always beat the cls, and now with 47 floors its easier to get both.

Yes, but I'm not the player who is going to get both. I'm going to settle after 85 unless something REALLY game-changing decides to pop up. And I'm sure many other players feel the same way. It's such a long road to 200k tokens, that there's little motivation to go for another 200k.

Whether it's easier or not is besides the point, especially since you won't unlock all 47 in time.

Also, while CR + CM WILL beat the CLS EVERYWHERE, I'll give you that, the relatively small increase in speed isn't enough to justify spending more or less twice the time to get it. I believe you said that Chaotic Weapons were worth 30-50m?

I'd rather pocket that 50m and use the versatile CLS than spend it to get the small benefits of using a CR or CM, unless you can really prove that CR and CM are significantly better than the CLS almost everywhere.

But not if you take away training situsations.

Fail attempt at an argument. Lots of flaws.

A) vesta's longsword degrades in 60 minutes... yeah real useful.

B) You argued strength in the favor of rapier.. uhh in case you didn't notice longsword has +19 more strength and an incredible +30 attack.

C) You kept arguing about rapier's stab bonus and then you said stab defense bonus doesn't matter.. really?

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

B) You argued strength in the favor of rapier.. uhh in case you didn't notice longsword has +19 more strength and an incredible +30 attack.

C) You kept arguing about rapier's stab bonus and then you said stab defense bonus doesn't matter.. really?

Blah blah blah, this thread is full of proof that the CR is better than the CLS in almost every way. Read up.

dgs5.jpg

Blah blah blah, this thread is full of proof that the CR is better than the CLS in almost every way. Read up.

Blah Blah Blah, your post is full of proof that you need to get a CLS.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

Blah Blah Blah, your post is full of proof that you need to get a CLS.

Lol, no

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Nice backup to that argument Morningrise >.>

Reread what I wrote.

This thread is full of proof that the Chaotic Rapier is superior to the Chaotic Longsword in almost every way.

If he doesn't want to educate himself, that's not my problem. I'm not going to hold his hand and repeat what many, many posters have already explained many times over.

dgs5.jpg

I feel all 3 would be best, it's why I have all of them. Plus it's future proofing for future monsters, a boss could come out that a CM or a CLS would be best for, I'd rather have them ready than having to go back to that horrible place called dungeoneering :twisted:

No, the point is that with rapier+maul, cls becomes useless, and the better boosting gear we get the more rapier will dominate over cls- with +10 more stab bonus, rapier might actually be better than cls even at solo bandos(same equipment). If future bosses are to have extremely high defence, no doubt maul would be best, and if they are to have low defence, rapier will be best- the only gray area is bosses with around the same defense as bandos at which rapier is slightly worse and maul is slightly better without a shield.

Also, rapier is better than the cls as ALL current dragons. If you have a cls, and haven't tested it yet, cls is NOT a stab weapon. To use stab on it, it gives a major part of it's accuracy boost which is the only reason to use a cls in the first place. At most dragons, a zamorakian spear is even better or as good as cls because of this loss in accuracy(124 slash 107 stab vs 94 stab).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Again, I got CLS for it's amazing versatility. It is first or second best at any given location. I'd much rather have that than the Rapier, which is fantastic in training, competitive on easier bosses, and not great on tougher bosses.

Plus, add the fact that when you have 99 summoning, 96 prayer and overloads, who will you be competing against? Answer: the people with those same maxed stats and a Rapier/Maul. Sure I'd theoretically lose, but the few duels you do face are rare enough to convince me to world hop without feeling bad about efficiency.

So yes, in some places I'm not going to do as great as if I bought the rapier, and in some places I'm going to be inferior to those who use a maul. But I'd rather take the middle road, where a viable option to open to me wherever I go, than a weapon that is only good half the time and restricts me to those places.

The point was made that bosses won't necessarily have a sharp defense increase. That's true, but if you think about it, it's more likely to happen than not to happen. So as the scale tips more in favor of the Maul, the CLS continues to gain more and more of an edge against the Rapier, and all the while you can use the CLS effectively everywhere.

You do realize that the CR is more "versatile" then the CLS. That's actually one of the main reasons people choose CR over CLS. There are only two places where CLS>CR (Bandos & Sara and even then you're better off with CM). There is actually some instances where the CLS is not worth using at all over non-chaotic weapons.

Also, you can speculate about any future bosses all you want but you really don't have evidence to back any of that up. I don't get why you would use that to choose CLS over CR right NOW.

Swaggers.png

No, the point is that with rapier+maul, cls becomes useless, and the better boosting gear we get the more rapier will dominate over cls- with +10 more stab bonus, rapier might actually be better than cls even at solo bandos(same equipment). If future bosses are to have extremely high defence, no doubt maul would be best, and if they are to have low defence, rapier will be best- the only gray area is bosses with around the same defense as bandos at which rapier is slightly worse and maul is slightly better without a shield.

Also, rapier is better than the cls as ALL current dragons. If you have a cls, and haven't tested it yet, cls is NOT a stab weapon. To use stab on it, it gives a major part of it's accuracy boost which is the only reason to use a cls in the first place. At most dragons, a zamorakian spear is even better or as good as cls because of this loss in accuracy(124 slash 107 stab vs 94 stab).

With CLS at a boss you get the option to wear a shield, with maul you don't though.

You do realize that the CR is more "versatile" then the CLS. That's actually one of the main reasons people choose CR over CLS. There are only two places where CLS>CR (Bandos & Sara and even then you're better off with CM). There is actually some instances where the CLS is not worth using at all over non-chaotic weapons.

Also, you can speculate about any future bosses all you want but you really don't have evidence to back any of that up. I don't get why you would use that to choose CLS over CR right NOW.

CR is WAAY more versatile if you include the fact that it's better for training. But in my case, at maxed melee, training isn't a big concern ;)

Bandos and Sara CLS > CR, and you said the CM is better, which is besides the point. Everywhere that the CR is better than the CLS, the CLS is also better than the CM. Oh, and TDS can be added to that list.

Plus, since we aren't training, the fact that CR is "better" than the CLS at some locations is entirely trivial. Yes I'm going to kill MAYBE 1 or 2 less per hour. Fair price to pay to get able to use it anywhere. When two weapons are this good, and once is slightly better, there's no real difference outside of training.

And give me proof of a place where non-Chaotic > CLS. I personally haven't heard of any not named Waterfiends.

With CLS at a boss you get the option to wear a shield, with maul you don't though.

Which is the one reason I'm considering CLS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]