Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

I'm about to hit 200k tokens and would like to know which I should get: rapier or longsword.

My stats:

statsfg.png

I don't slay much but I train at bandits.

I don't melee bandos or sara, and don't plan to. I might tds in the future.

I pk.

Please give your unbiased opinions. Is rapier accurate enough? Is the cls good for training with?

Thanks.

You DEFINITELY want the rapier. You're going to want to max melees eventually (I know you ;) ), so the rapier will be incredibly valuable for you. CLS really isn't good for training.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm about to hit 200k tokens and would like to know which I should get: rapier or longsword.

My stats:

statsfg.png

I pk.

Please give your unbiased opinions. Is rapier accurate enough? Is the cls good for training with?

Thanks.

Rapier will get you higher combat stats faster then a CLS, as well as being better for most bosses once you have maxed stats

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Yes but no one is going to risk it in PvP.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

tumblr_l4uwbul1JF1qb9e62.jpg

Had to post it

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Chaotic staff isn't worth it. Ice Barrage maxes at 490 with a chaotic staff. Miasmic Barrage maxes at 484. It only hits 6 (or 0.6 in old HP terms) higher than Miasmic Barrage. I'd rather spend those 200k tokens on something else.

Chaotic staff isn't worth it. Ice Barrage maxes at 490 with a chaotic staff. Miasmic Barrage maxes at 484. It only hits 6 (or 0.6 in old HP terms) higher than Miasmic Barrage. I'd rather spend those 200k tokens on something else.

Are you really going to be using Zuriel staff whenever you mage? That sounds highly impractical.

490 vs 465, roughly. 35 lp extra damage is worth it.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

My stats:

statsfg.png

I pk.

Thanks.

Rapier will get you higher combat stats faster then a CLS, as well as being better for most bosses once you have maxed stats

Yeah, essentially the only time you want a CLS is if you are unable to make up your mind and are willing to get laughed at both training/slayer and monster hunting.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Yeah, essentially the only time you want a CLS is if you are unable to make up your mind and are willing to get laughed at both training/slayer and monster hunting.

You won't get laughed at using CLS for MH - that's the only place where it is potentially useful.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You won't get laughed at using CLS for MH - that's the only place where it is potentially useful.

Exactly. Look at it this way, at TD's, I'm hitting 500's with whip. Its not rare to hit a 280-450. If I hit 330 first time, he'd change prayer. I'd have to test to see if there is a major difference TBH.

I just about only MH know, maxed melees, and 99 slayer, so I think I'll get CLS. With Whip, I already kill TDs in 45 seconds each. (Only get 2-3 a trip max where I need to relower shield, and thats without titan) and when I solo DKS I won't be risking chaotic.

The difference between CLS pking and CR pking is similar to whip vs GS. (Not counting spec weps.) In whiping, I depend on winning DMs, or combos (either 300-300 etc or hit+veng combo) With GS, I depend on spec, a lucky hit, or a hit+veng combo. CLS is defiantly more accurate, and harder hitting in PvP (I've fought all 3 weapons) but can't combo quite as well. It can, however, easily pop off veng combos of 650+, as well as KO'ing when the other person is ~550 HP.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Are you really going to be using Zuriel staff whenever you mage? That sounds highly impractical.

490 vs 465, roughly. 35 lp extra damage is worth it.

I use Miasmic Barrage almost everytime I fight people. The staff is very cheap for how powerful it is. You're spending 10448gp a minute when using Zuriel's staff and since it doesn't take any longer than 2 minutes to kill a meleer if you're a mage I'd say it's very much worth it. And if you're barraging rock lobsters I'd highly recommend a SoL and battle robes anyway...

Oh, and Ice Barrage maxes at 471, not 465 :P

Wow, 200k tokens for a 10 extra range attack?

o.O

Not much worse than getting iumbed rings for situational 4 str/4 magic/4 range or 6 magic def/att for the same amount of work. The chaotic crossbow is the BEST range weapon in game, no doubt, just as the staff is the BEST staff in game. Though neither of them might not be worth getting as the first chaotic, they are certainly more useful than the shields.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wow, 200k tokens for a 10 extra range attack?

o.O

Not much worse than getting iumbed rings for situational 4 str/4 magic/4 range or 6 magic def/att for the same amount of work. The chaotic crossbow is the BEST range weapon in game, no doubt, just as the staff is the BEST staff in game. Though neither of them might not be worth getting as the first chaotic, they are certainly more useful than the shields.

Oh yea, it just doesn't seem as useful as getting a staff or another melee.

Wait a second, same amount of work?

O.O

Except at MA, you spend that time and have enough points to get EVERY ring (Onyx, Zerker, Warrior, Seers, and Archer (i)), whereas you only get one by Dungeoneering. in addition, it doesn't take much more work to get a new ring once you have the rank, and you also have the option to buy some nice looking Lord Marshal.

Except at MA, you spend that time and have enough points to get EVERY ring (Onyx, Zerker, Warrior, Seers, and Archer (i)), whereas you only get one by Dungeoneering. in addition, it doesn't take much more work to get a new ring once you have the rank, and you also have the option to buy some nice looking Lord Marshal.

MA is "worth" it really only 2 ways.

1.) To get the "best" gear

2.) If you are doing HW/reading/something else while playing MA

From a purely efficient standpoint, of course they aren't worth it. However, they are damn useful know that I have them, and I don't regret the time getting them. I'm already close to having all the gear I need/want (outside fighter helm and chaotic set, which is being worked on)

That being said, the EARLIER a person gets MA rings, if he is going to get them at all, the more they will benefit him.

I will also say that, as of yet, I have NOT used either my warrior (i) or archer (i). I am always using either serker (i), dstone (i) (soloing etc) or onyx (i)

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Except that you don't get any experience at all, which means that in terms of efficiency, you are set back the whole 25-30 hour period, where as 200k tokens equals around 3 hours worth of experience, and coupled with the other factors, they are around as hard to obtain right now, but getting either will be much easier after any new dungeoneering update. As for usefulness, i'd say that the combined ability for all rings is worth around the same as +10 range bonus or +20 mage damage staff(likely best staff for training when you can make 3m an hour, best for ice strykewyrms and any pvp, but for zuriels.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Exactly, from a pure efficiency factor, its very very rare for either the MA rings or the Chaotic staff/c'bow to actually "pay off". The exceptions mainly being those who extensionally range and need the range bonus (arma, example) and those who FFA corp as an example for the rings.

Stonewall337.png

Except that you don't get any experience at all, which means that in terms of efficiency, you are set back the whole 25-30 hour period, where as 200k tokens equals around 3 hours worth of experience, and coupled with the other factors, they are around as hard to obtain right now, but getting either will be much easier after any new dungeoneering update. As for usefulness, i'd say that the combined ability for all rings is worth around the same as +10 range bonus or +20 mage damage staff(likely best staff for training when you can make 3m an hour, best for ice strykewyrms and any pvp, but for zuriels.

I guess it comes down to weather or not you give two flying excrements about dungeoneering XP, i for one, dont.

Id say the staff is worth around all the rings, the crossbow probably not.

O.O

I guess it comes down to weather or not you give two flying excrements about dungeoneering XP, i for one, dont.

Id say the staff is worth around all the rings, the crossbow probably not.

I believe XPX was talking about the XP in other skills, such as herblore, WC, farming, etc, from opening doors and such.

Stonewall337.png

The reason I would be getting a c'bow instead of a cls/ shield for my next chaotic is because well... it's the only useful thing for me.

I have my rapier which will do as my melee, I think the shields are a waste for what I do, I don't need a staff.. I don't need a maul.. so the only thing left is the c'bow. Call it a waste, but I range a lot.

C1Geq.png

The reason I would be getting a c'bow instead of a cls/ shield for my next chaotic is because well... it's the only useful thing for me.

I have my rapier which will do as my melee, I think the shields are a waste for what I do, I don't need a staff.. I don't need a maul.. so the only thing left is the c'bow. Call it a waste, but I range a lot.

Wait for the new overpowered rewards in B2 which come out tomorrow. :thumbsup:

td2sig.jpg