Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

If you want xp, Rapier is your best option. CLS is not a training weapon. It's better than whip, yeah, but much worse than rapier for training.

Um, I've heard a rumour that Chaotic Crossbow is now 120 range bonus instead of 100? Is that true? Anyone confirm please?

Edit - Nvm

Wonder how this is going to affect people's decision though. 30 range bonus is quite alot

My guess is that it won't. It won't increase damage, and the accuracy...it really isn't needed. I mean, in any normal circumstance the Rune Xbow is enough. The difference is so tiny I wouldn't buy it for 50k tokens. The only wayt to make it viable is to add a +10% or so damage thing like the staff.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

for a near maxed tank its not hard to kill them at that combat tho <_<

And for the level he is at the kids have 99 def, atk, and str. I've fought with my stats against 99 atk and str zerkers. I won. I haven't seen many people succesfully pk with rapier, but id say.

90-106=Rapier

106-117=Maul

117+ Cls

I know it seems like random numbers but from my observations in pvp those are the levels at which they shine and the levels I see most people with those items. So don't hate.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

for a near maxed tank its not hard to kill them at that combat tho <_<

And for the level he is at the kids have 99 def, atk, and str. I've fought with my stats against 99 atk and str zerkers. I won. I haven't seen many people succesfully pk with rapier, but id say.

90-106=Rapier

106-117=Maul

117+ Cls

I know it seems like random numbers but from my observations in pvp those are the levels at which they shine and the levels I see most people with those items. So don't hate.

Those are three different forms of pking. But the most effective is debatable

I personally think Maul > Cls, if you bring a gmace

I'm interested in buying a chaotic weapon for nothing but pking (I'm maxed in all those combat things). What should I get?

Generally rapier owns CLS for pking, due to the opponent being able to eat twice inbetween each hit with CLS. But since everyone is going to be a defence neeb at your level you might need the added accuracy of CLS to actually hit.

Then get a maul?

Mauls have a very big weakness: with huge hits, comes huge vengeance recoils. You may be able to smack a 590, but in exchange there is a high possibility you'll be Venged for 500 damage. Also, unless you get off a lucky combo, it's moderately difficult to KO somebody using a maul. You often need to use a granite maul as a spec weapon or vengeance to finish people off.

So why not Ice Barrage -> C Maul?

Barrage freezes and makes the Vengeance gtfo.

Also, the CLS doesn't let people eat 2 times in between every hit. They can eat twice in between the first 2 hits, and then only once in between the next 3. Works out to be 5 hits for you, and 6 pieces of food consumed for them, I believe.

pere_grin.png

I got the rapier about 2 weeks ago, and I must say I'm quite impressed with it, but I kinda wish I got CLS for safe PVP and possibly TDs. I don't know whether to get maul or CLS now since I have the rapier, and if rapier and maul are paired, CLS isn't needed imo

Although it's easier to go into full-on tank mode with CLS due to its innate accuracy, the rapier seems more useful for the things I do

Also, the CLS doesn't let people eat 2 times in between every hit. They can eat twice in between the first 2 hits, and then only once in between the next 3. Works out to be 5 hits for you, and 6 pieces of food consumed for them, I believe.

Assuming that you will get a 5 hit combo with relatively high damage output. Also, Rocktailbrews.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Probably asked before but I'm too lazy to read through all the 600+ posts in this thread. :ph34r:

If I were to get a chaotic weapon solely for monster hunting should I get CLS or Maul? (CR?) Mostly it would be for bandos, sara, zgwd and td's.

Sephy.png

Probably asked before but I'm too lazy to read through all the 600+ posts in this thread. :ph34r:

If I were to get a chaotic weapon solely for monster hunting should I get CLS or Maul? (CR?) Mostly it would be for bandos, sara, zgwd and td's.

With your stats, cls is easily the best for boss hunting.(yes, i'm saying that, even though if you aren't maxed, you should first look to max out, and cls is not a training weapon)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

With your stats, cls is easily the best for boss hunting.(yes, i'm saying that, even though if you aren't maxed, you should first look to max out, and cls is not a training weapon)

Right, thanks. Lets say I'd get max melee would the cls still be the best? With max melee and turm? With maxed,turm,extremes/ovls? (I just want to be sure because I'm not planning to get a second chaotic in anytime soon. :P)
Sephy.png

Right, thanks. Lets say I'd get max melee would the cls still be the best? With max melee and turm? With maxed,turm,extremes/ovls? (I just want to be sure because I'm not planning to get a second chaotic in anytime soon. :P)

No, the only thing for which cls would be best with maxed melee/turm/ext is bandos, but not by alot, for most other things, rapier would be much better.

No, the only thing for which cls would be best with maxed melee/turm/ext is bandos, but not by alot, for most other things, rapier would be much better.

Alright, well they probably have released new chaotic items/bosses when I get 95 pray/herb in the distant future so I'm kinda leaning towards the ls for now. Thanks for the help.
Sephy.png

I hate to rain on this post obviously slanted toward the rapier but tbh it is a bunch of bunk, fabricated by people to justify the mistake they made in getting a rapier instead of the superior cls.

I have a cls and I live slayer. I have NEVER been out killed by a rapier. Usually I make 2 kills with my cls vs 1 kill with a rapier by my peers. From personal experience and lots and lots of slaying, rapier hits 500's-600's while CLS hits 600's-700's and that is on supers NOT extremes.

Do the math...CLS is 20+ better attack, 30+ better strength, and they both hit about the same speed. The result is that you will hit around 100 LP more per hit with the CLS.

There is no noticiable difference in speed between the two, however, CLS consistently WAY out hits the rapier. The whip never out hits cls or rapier for whoever said whip was better at slayer lol.

I'm sorry that you all wasted your 200k points on a rapier but the fact of the matter is:

CLS>rap>whip

But all is not lost, save up for that CLS next time.

(as a side note, CLS destroys godsword at bandos. I crashed 6 ffa godswords at bandos and they all left b/c I was getting every kill.)

Keep in mind that all the ppl on here slamming the cls have never used a CLS.

Anyone considering a rapier should try out primal rapier in dungeoneering. I have. I have used both a cls and a primal rapier. CLS owns rapier.

renshae.jpg

I hate to rain on this post obviously slanted toward the rapier but tbh it is a bunch of bunk, fabricated by people to justify the mistake they made in getting a rapier instead of the superior cls.

I have a cls and I live slayer. I have NEVER been out killed by a rapier. Usually I make 2 kills with my cls vs 1 kill with a rapier by my peers. From personal experience and lots and lots of slaying, rapier hits 500's-600's while CLS hits 600's-700's and that is on supers NOT extremes.

Do the math...CLS is 20+ better attack, 30+ better strength, and they both hit about the same speed. The result is that you will hit around 100 LP more per hit with the CLS.

There is no noticiable difference in speed between the two, however, CLS consistently WAY out hits the rapier. The whip never out hits cls or rapier for whoever said whip was better at slayer lol.

I'm sorry that you all wasted your 200k points on a rapier but the fact of the matter is:

CLS>rap>whip

(as a side note, CLS destroys godsword at bandos. I crashed 6 ffa godswords at bandos and they all left b/c I was getting every kill.)

Anyone considering a rapier should try out primal rapier in dungeoneering. I have. I have used both a cls and a primal rapier. CLS owns rapier.

Lol, trolling hard.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

CLS>rap>whip

Lol, trolling hard.

I think this is iRed's alt account.

About the same speed.

So i guess the stats are about the same?

Yes there is a speed difference, that's why people prefer rune scims to rune longs

CLS>rap>whip

Cool you crashed godswords, but did you crash rapiers and cmauls?

keep in mind that you are slamming rapier and haven't used it.But that's not the point there is proof and numbers that rapier is superior[bUT ILL GET CLS SOON]

Anyone considering a rapier should try a whip out

Yeah actually chaotic kiteshield is vastly superior to divine in every single way, look at that +30 extra defense points it has ikr

People who hate on chaotic kiteshield are just noobs who are too lazy to dungeoneer enough to get one

Amidoinitrite

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

CLS>rap>whip

LOLOLOLOL. Rapier hitting over 700's in kuras dungeon says high.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

[hide]

CLS>rap>whip

[/hide]

I lol'ed...so very hard....at the "about same speed" and "CLS>rap>whip" part.

I also chuckled at the "ppl on here slamming the cls have never used a CLS". Dude, did you even look at the stats of people on this thread? Most of the ones who say Rapier have 90+ Dung, so they could have 2, almost 3 weapons by now.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

CLS>rap>whip

Oh dear god... You know, read what you write out loud for a sec, maybe you'd understand how ridiculous it would sound. But really, if you feel that CLS kills things twice as fast as rapier(which would likely mean 70% accuracy boost for cls vs. rapier) then really, who are we to tell you that you are wrong. As long as you have your sword and are happy with it, there is no problem- after all, all of us who have the rapier are profiting from your mistakes.

By the way, i use a primal rapier in dungeoneering, and it is 100% the best weapon for melee dps on low defense or stab weak monsters. And really, comparing primal rapier(in dungeoneering) to CLS(in real runescape) to try to prove a point just shows how clueless you really are. Anyone with half a brain can see trough your ''why the hell did i get this piece of **** instead of rapier'' remorse. Gud on ya.

Oh, and really, rapier hits at about the same speed as darts/knives, There is no noticeable difference if you have your eyes shut :thumbsup:

CLS>rap>whip

Oh dear god... You know, read what you write out loud for a sec, maybe you'd understand how ridiculous it would sound. But really, if you feel that CLS kills things twice as fast as rapier(which would likely mean 70% accuracy boost for cls vs. rapier) then really, who are we to tell you that you are wrong. As long as you have your sword and are happy with it, there is no problem- after all, all of us who have the rapier are profiting from your mistakes.

By the way, i use a primal rapier in dungeoneering, and it is 100% the best weapon for melee dps on low defense or stab weak monsters. And really, comparing primal rapier(in dungeoneering) to CLS(in real runescape) to try to prove a point just shows how clueless you really are. Anyone with half a brain can see trough your ''why the hell did i get this piece of **** instead of rapier'' remorse. Gud on ya.

Oh, and really, rapier hits at about the same speed as darts/knives, There is no noticeable difference if you have your eyes shut :thumbsup:

yoooo i used a prom 2h in dungeoneerign theierfore we shalll all use d2h for slayer irl cuz prom 2h pwns in dgneering!@@####

StarViv.png

CLS>rap>whip

yoooo i used a prom 2h in dungeoneerign theierfore we shalll all use d2h for slayer irl cuz prom 2h pwns in dgneering!@@####

meh, I've used all the weps in dungeoneering and prefer Prom Spear.

renshae.jpg