Quiet Before the Swarm 24-Jun-2010 & Free to play quest changes

Toad

watt.png

Uh, what?

wow they upgraded the adamant scimitar? fail :thumbdown:

Um maybe you should look at the picture again. It shows a glitch where the model shown is of one of the void npcs instead of the character's model. The scimitar is the same.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just posted to help the quiet before the swarm quest guide in the update forum. It was exciting.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

239-240-826-61190118

^^QFC for my thread on RSOF (which is probably already buried on the Recent Updates board, lol)

Feel free to discuss there, and maybe even keep it bumped for me while I'm at work, haha.

Easy solution:

Roll back to the time of the update (to nullify any alch'ing that may have occurred already)

Keep the major changes (two different pairs of boots, the 75,000 price tag), but.. get this...

LOWER THE DANG ALCH VALUES (and the value which stores buy for as well).

When selling through the GE, gp fluctuates. That's fine. However, given enough time and patience, anyone who had a stockpile of boots can simply alch them for essentially ...

A FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND GP PROFIT

At a reasonable 1000 casts per hour, it is possible to alch yourself around 44,000,000 gp (44mil) PER HOUR if you had a significant stockpile, which, I assure you, many people did.

Really, whose brilliant idea was that?

These updated climbing boots now alch for more than three times what DRAGON BOOTS alch for.

Roll back to the time of the update, keep the 75,000 store price tag and GE updated price, but bring the alch values to sub-1000gp levels. There, problem mostly solved. Sure, theres still going to be an influx of GP, but after you take the price of the boots before the update (212gp) and the cost of alching (273), it's only about 500gp per cast rather than 44,000gp per cast (700gp/cast if you bought your boots from Tenzig and use a fire staff).

I have no problem with increasing the GE value. But why, dear lord why, did you decide to give these boots such outrageous alch values?

lizzenkov.png

Um maybe you should look at the picture again. It shows a glitch where the model shown is of one of the void npcs instead of the character's model. The scimitar is the same.

Um, no. It's the part of the quest in which you play as that woman in her own memory. You can't even bring any items or armour to that part of the quest. Also that's an adamant scimitar and not the weapon 'I' am wielding. I guess the adamant gives you the stats necessary to survive that part of the quest. (it involves some fighting) Jagex could've thought of a better way to pull that off, though. :shame:

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

watt.png

Uh, what?

PLEASE tell me your being sarcastic >.>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

watt.png

Uh, what?

You unlocked the song: pesT controL spelled backwards. :P

And I bet they didnt feel the need to make inventory items for her items, so they just added her armour, then equipped her with those adamant items. (In which, giving her the combat bonuses of the items she has on.)

Id almost bet money they do that for all npc's. Like Gargoyle's equipment interface having some kind of metal armor/weapon, but obviously not the same shown graphics.

Id almost bet money they do that for all npc's. Like Gargoyle's equipment interface having some kind of metal armor/weapon, but obviously not the same shown graphics.

What would the corp beast be wearing? :P

I also highly doubt they give NPCs equipment, it's much easier and simpler to give them the stats rather than relying on armour. IIRC this is the first time we've ever controlled another NPC like that, so doesn't surprise me that armour/weapons is needed as that's how our characters work. And also explains why we need to deposit items before entering this area.

Void plates and weapons would be a great way to end the series i guess, i bet that misterious figuere is either Captain Tyr or that Head Mage Jessika spoke of.

Head mage, wizard Grayzag anyone?

Why exactly did we need Imp Catcher to complete that quest? :rolleyes:

Further supporting my theory that either the head mage or that evil mage upstairs is the misterious figure we saw in the boat :smile:

Also, this is a bit off topic, but smelly,I've seen you as a mod, a crewbie, and regular member in very short period of times, What are you exactly? :blink:

214a.png :rolleyes:

LMFAO! :lol:

Ahahaha. Made my day. Im saving that as a souvenir to remember this by. :P

glitch or fake, divine alchs for much more than 45k, only onyx ring (i) prays over it

I would count on it being fake, but its the irony of it all that makes it funny. :P

Seriously?

It's like they really don't think before updating. "Hey guys, we haven't updated in a long time, how about we make some random item lots of people have in large quantities worth 50x more?"

16185_s.gif

Seriously?

It's like they really don't think before updating. "Hey guys, we haven't updated in a long time, how about we make some random item lots of people have in large quantities worth 50x more?"

35,000+ more actually

ASHES ARE NOW WORTH 75K lol jk but Climbing Boots are..

On the Imp Catcher thing.. Generally when a quest is needed it is because some part of the quest will play an ACTIVE role in the new quest you're doing (exceptions are MEP2 for WGS, that's just to prove you can read through a guide correctly). In this some shadowy figure pops up then rains crap down on some Void Knights.

I was hoping for a bit more background on the Void Knights. Not some wussy storyline over a "big baddy" letting loose Void creatures all over RS.

asrhasrh.jpg

Tbh being a regular pker people buy climbiong boots for 1-2k usually and occasionally 5-10k. Nobody ever has bought them for 75k. Jagex is [bleep]ing crazy.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png