Quiet Before the Swarm 24-Jun-2010 & Free to play quest changes

Toad

Okay xpx, now i don't really get, If something is 75k on GE then by no means it would be 400k in street price. I can understand price gaps on rare items, but on something so common it CAN BE BOUGHT FROM OTHER STORES it's either trollish, moronic or just plain wrong.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, how hard can this be to understand? Someone is selling purple partyhat for 2.3m, that's 400m for the hat and 1.9m junk. You buy it. You get rid of the junk for around 0,8 times the value, thus you are actually paying 780m for the hat. Same thing for if you sold climbing boots in bulk. The 60k limit is meaningless in big trades, and such trades don't really form the price of an item.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's not fake.

Not mine, of course:

100624160701.png

I just read that again and realised the fail logic.

So is he saying that pkers are upset and complaining about having 200+ boots and gaining tens of millions of gp for free?

Does he think that the 'minority' 'effected' being 'vocal', aka the people with the boots are being vocal due to the misfortunate of gaining millions of gp?

Ha..ha...haha. :rolleyes: Btw I aint suggesting pkers arnt upset by this either. I think both the minority (who gained) and the majority have been effected.

Even he just means they are making into a 'big deal' due to being vocal.. Well thats stupid too. Anyone can do the maths... I dont need pkers screaming their vocal lungs to see what this update was going to do.?? Infact. Any smart person with the boots who wants to keep their money is better keeping their mouth shut. Not being vocal about it...

Cant be too harsh on him because its live but I seriously struggle to understand his logic.

edit: News flash by mod mark! "All updates effect the economy!" - He is a joker lol.

They should have made original climbers useless and helm of neitiznot'd the other ones

Ok everyone, time to go buy Helms of Neit's. I heard there was a guy buying one for 150k once, so Jagex will be changing them to 150k market price soon. Buy them at 50k while you can!

LOL, how hard can this be to understand? Someone is selling purple partyhat for 2.3m, that's 400m for the hat and 1.9m junk. You buy it. You get rid of the junk for around 0,8 times the value, thus you are actually paying 780m for the hat. Same thing for if you sold climbing boots in bulk. The 60k limit is meaningless in big trades, and such trades don't really form the price of an item.

Im not sure if I follow your thinking, but all items dont have an invisible-non existant price tag equal to 4 times the cost of the item in the ge.

Just because rune scimitars are 30k each market price, doesnt mean they are going to be 100k - 120k street price.

They should have made original climbers useless and helm of neitiznot'd the other ones

Ok everyone, time to go buy Helms of Neit's. I heard there was a guy buying one for 150k once, so Jagex will be changing them to 150k market price soon. Buy them at 50k while you can!

Im not sure if I follow your thinking, but all items dont have an invisible-non existant price tag equal to 4 times the cost of the item in the ge.

Just because rune scimitars are 30k each market price, doesnt mean they are going to be 100k - 120k street price.

Well, you are still not getting it, but mod mark saying that 75k is the price people would normally have been able to sell these boots means that he thought they were sold 400k each with junk before the update. BTW, this only applies to the price an item is worth over the ge price, thus if a rune scimitar is 30k and actually worth 35k, the price with junk would be 55k.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I never saw someone buying climbing boots over 20k in a pvp world.

Where does he get that figure that they were that high 'street' before? :unsure:

*waiting on Omali to respond he pulled that figure from somewhere* :wink:

By the way, if people bought climbers for 75k, they needed to add junk to that trade.

Thus making it fair according to Jagex, because you had to "work" for that junk too.

That means he doesn't understand the concept off junk-trading I guess... :mellow:

@tehsengir

Try to lend out stuff or junktrade them now if you have the means.

If you don't and you're patient enough, my advice would be to hold onto them.

At first GE-price will fall massively, after that we get a spike and they'll continue to rise til they reach 75k ge price.

lolololol

They keep [bleep]ing up their game dont they?

I think Jagex just hired a new wave of fired BP workers

lolololol

the boots were 12gp. now theyre 75k

lolololol

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Well, you are still not getting it, but mod mark saying that 75k is the price people would normally have been able to sell these boots means that he thought they were sold 400k each with junk before the update. BTW, this only applies to the price an item is worth over the ge price, thus if a rune scimitar is 30k and actually worth 35k, the price with junk would be 55k.

That would really only make slight sense if people were not already overpaying for the boots by a factor of like 30,000. They're already paying a ridiculous price at 75k per boot. Anyone attempting to buy them in bulk for 400k each would just be stupid or mathematically incompetent to an extreme degree. Jagex merely assumed people were paying 75k for them often enough to simply raise the actual price on them to that level. The fact they are even at that level now means people are going to stop buying them and use other options such as rune boots or no boots at all, resulting in extremely low demand and no need for overpriced bulk buying.
Nazgul.jpeg

What's clear about this is that Jagex and the players of Runescape have two very different mindsets on how the market inside and outside the GE functions, and they're both blind to how each other thinks about the subject. I propose that both Jagex and a group of players who would be considered as knowledgeable of the economy both write two detailed articles with the title 'How the economy of Runescape works'. Both articles should address the mechanics of how the GE relates to the market outside the GE, junk trading, the rights of Jagex to adjust the prices of certain items and so on.

This way everyone might be able to get a wider view of what Jagex is trying to do with the economy and how players are interpreting it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This is wrong on so many levels. What next, needles 100k? Worst update ever. GF economy. Now watch 3rd age, bandos, rares, pretty much everything, plummet.

I might just cancel my membership, I have some books to write anyway. I rioted in World 66 for a bit, no @@@@ spam though :) free speech ftw.

2vuhgcn.png

I guess there is/was a bot that would collect climbing boots for decent profit. If the bot could collect 200-300 boots per hour, it is safe to assume that many players (botters) have a good pile of 200-3k laying around. Rewarding the botters lawl.

Pic from RS wikia

404kclimbersedit.jpg

4e0Vn.png

I don't have a problem with Jagex updating Climbing Boots' GE value to 75,000 gp. I really don't. What I really really really have a problem with is how they set the alch prices to be so ridiculously high.

Rune Boots:

GE: 87,800

HA: 7,500

LA: 5,000

Dragon Boots:

GE: 514,600

HA: 12,000

LA: 8,000

Rock Climbing Boots:

GE: 75,000

HA: 45,000

LA: 30,000

Come on. Who REALLY thought that was a good idea? If they had left the alch prices with lower than Rune Boots, we would still have a significant influx of gp, but nowhere near as bad as this. There can't even be any good logic behind this decision. The boots aren't as good as rune, and certainly aren't as good as dragon, yet the climbing boots alch for more than 3x as much as the dragon boots.

Given enough time, these boots WILL liquidate into gp. At 1000 casts per hour, there is currently the potential for a guaranteed 44 million gp profit per hour (assuming you had a significant stockpile of boots before today). Nowhere else can you guarantee that after an hour, you will make 44 million. You might get a lucky drop, but that is far from assured.

lizzenkov.png

I guess there is/was a bot that would collect climbing boots for decent profit. If the bot could collect 200-300 boots per hour, it is safe to assume that many players (botters) have a good pile of 200-3k laying around. Rewarding the botters lawl.

Pic from RS wikia

404kclimbersedit.jpg

Mod Mark: "... yes, we did hit it, but it was only a small iceberg. There is no way that the Titanic could possibly sink."

But seriously, I'm all for McDonald's hiring the mentally challeneged, but I don't think gaming companies should.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Pic from RS wikia

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100624160705/runescape/images/4/42/404kclimbersedit.jpg[/img

Surely though the demand for the boots wouldn't hit 404k? What purpose would anyone want for buying them in bulk?

2v8sgvs.png