Quiet Before the Swarm 24-Jun-2010 & Free to play quest changes

Toad

Well...Mark is kinda right, most people have like 10 pairs of them max, I have about 20 pairs of them because of my clan. But the economic damage that will be done just with the pker's boots is...unimaginable.

They were bought out recently by a merchant clan.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they messed up sligthly, but I don't think they need to rollback this one. It's enough to just be fast, and change the alch/sell price to be closer to zero. There's not too many people that earned on this update yet anyway.

I don't think you understand, people have alched 1-2k of them

that's 45m into the economy.

Yes that is 45 million. And if every person had 1-2k boots, then it would be terrible. But most people have few, just a select lucky ones had a lot of boots, and they have earned an impressive amount from this. But even if we say that a few billion have entered the economy, that's still not a too big hit, if you consider how gp actually flows in the economy on beforehand. Maybe the general prices will raise a few days, but nothing major. It's not a constant gp flow anyway, just a one time happening.

Scherzo.png

10 boots is still 450k which is still an aweful lot seeing how many players have 10+ boots of them.

He should go work for BP aswell.

Jagex has good updates and such, but I wonder if they ever think "What might this do to the economy?".

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Well...Mark is kinda right, most people have like 10 pairs of them max, I have about 20 pairs of them because of my clan. But the economic damage that will be done just with the pker's boots is...unimaginable.

I have over 30 pairs due to GWD. You use them if you don't feel like teleporting (not uncommon, especially if you're using Ancients at the time). I knew several people who religiously banked spare items (holy and unholy symbols, hammers, and climbing boots) using Pack Yaks, and I wouldn't doubt it at all if they had 200-300 pairs.

Basically for those who don't know.

Climbing boots old value 200gp, now converted to rock climbing boots worth 75k on the G.E, 40K to the mountain sherper? 45K alch value.

You can sell to the sherper for a flat price of 40K, so it doesn't matter if you sell 1, 1000, 10000 it's still 40k per boot.

Imagine last year with Mandrith and PvP Statues (for the lucky few hoarding thousands) it's christmas come 6 months and 1 day early.

Remember the Dragon-bolts a few weeks ago? how long they sat on that before taking action (a portion of those players didnt get banned).. it's the same now, I can't wait to see more items bought out on the G.E, and because this isn't a players fault it means these items will remain in game, poor implementing of this REMOVE THE OLD BOOTS first and people have to rebuy them or give 1 free pair to everyone who has completed the quest.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

What the hell was Jagex thinking when they changed the climbing boots price? Do they refuse to think about consequences or are they just not aware people use them to PK? If the latter is the case they should be ashamed that they don't know their own game.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Found it and thought it was interesting so I wouldn't know lol.

I know for sure in my clan that many of our members bought hundreds of climbing boots to go with P2P sets. You can alch them and still make tremendous profit.

j0xPu5R.png

There are just so many things wrong with this update... Firstly, rune boots are much harder to get and cost 88k, secondly, the alch value is outrageous(and proctect value), thirdly you can so easily sell them all to the shop for 22.5k each, and most of all, they were 2 gp each, why not have changed them to the normal new climbers? There wouldn't have been much wiff if they'd done the latter.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, those who hoarded them for PKing shouldn't whine anymore now.

Mark said that the 3.6k was the most that individual was selling on ge.

Wonder how many alched and such then.

50ish having 1k+ ? Yeah.

50000 boots is still more than 2bil geepees.

oh and 3.6k = 162m when alched, that's about the same I've gained through Slayer... wow.

VIX VIX VIX

they were 2 gp each, why not have changed them to the normal new climbers? There wouldn't have been much wiff if they'd done the latter.

My thoughts exactly. It always amazes how Jagex can turn the simplest tweak into horrible fail that causes nothing but anger in many players.
Sephy.png

Just some different examples.

100k players with 6 boots each. Because they only 6 you just alch 5 of them.

27,000,000,000 gp

50k players with 11 boots each. Because they only 11 you just alch 10 of them.

22,500,000,000 gp.

20k players with 300 boots each. Alch

270,000,000,000 gp

500 players with 10k boots each. Sold at 40k.

200,000,000,000 gp.

50 players with 100k boots each. Sold at 40k

200,000,000,000 gp.

1 player with 350k boots. Sold at 40k

14,000,000,000 gp.

Just difference examples. Pick and choose. Believe what figured you think. Half them. Double them. Discount them. Whatever you want. Many people with only 6 might not bother selling or anything. I personally would because suddenly the item is worth something lol.

In summary. Mod mark is an idiot. (Unless he admits his mistake anyway)

Sounds like they messed up sligthly, but I don't think they need to rollback this one. It's enough to just be fast, and change the alch/sell price to be closer to zero. There's not too many people that earned on this update yet anyway.

Yes that is 45 million. And if every person had 1-2k boots, then it would be terrible. But most people have few, just a select lucky ones had a lot of boots, and they have earned an impressive amount from this. But even if we say that a few billion have entered the economy, that's still not a too big hit, if you consider how gp actually flows in the economy on beforehand. Maybe the general prices will raise a few days, but nothing major. It's not a constant gp flow anyway, just a one time happening.

So if 500 People had 1-2k of these boots, which is more than realistic at this time, thats over 20b in the economy. Do you honestly think this is acceptable?

Why don't they think these things through.. Oh well, it's nice for those that had some and for those that didn't it's just a pretty darn big pain in the butt :thumbdown:

How is the new quest though? Any fun/hints/new lore or anything?

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

How can you be 100% sure on that?

I mean people collect burnt lobsters, why not climbing boots?

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2930/promerch.png[/img

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/159/tyjagex.png[/img

Same person, both are fakes.

Once again, how can you be sure?

Do you know him or what?

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

So if 500 People had 1-2k of these boots, which is more than realistic at this time, thats over 20b in the economy. Do you honestly think this is acceptable?

Not accectable, jagex screwed up big time on this update. But those 20b aren't as much money as one could think anyway. Most of it would eventually be sucked up by the richer part of the rs population. It's enough to make an impact on the economy, but most people here seem to go all rs armageddon over this update.

Also, another reason to not vote for a rollback, is that jagex can track items. They can find out what boots have been alched/sold, and change the amount of gp they should have recieved for it. More like a selective rollback, so that it won't harm the rest of the people playing.

Scherzo.png