Quiet Before the Swarm 24-Jun-2010 & Free to play quest changes

Toad

What the HELL are Jagex doing?

I have 100 climbing boots. I've been filling my bank with random crap and stuff.

I have 7.5m in Climbing boots as junk, but I'm just going to drop them all. This is just a stupid and absolutely idiotic, non-thought out update.

I'm too p'd off to even think about the quests right now.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the economy is supposed to be going haywire from this, how come things seem to be pretty normal in the G.E. for the herbs and bars I'm in the market for? And I can't even sell dragon bones at all...? Seems like those would be snatched up by somebody... Then again, I can't buy or sell d bones right now, other than from myself... :blink:

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

I mean I kinda see where they are getting at, just make the GE price to the market price of the items. Like make party hats/shields to their true market price so they will be buyable in GE. But then again, the majority of the people who have them were trying to use them instead of selling.

I call this an absolute and total failure of a scale so epic that not even Michael Bay can make a movie out of this.

EDIT: Speaking of failures, where is MHL?

I think the point of the update was to make something that pkers were using as footwear and cost almost nothing now have a value to them and so loosing a pair causes you to loose 70k worth of value which will over time act a money sink. The increase in wealth is only temporary. Think long term so maybe in the short term 700bil was created you can only get at best 60% of that value minus the cost of the natures runes and once that money is gained it cant be gotten again and if that player wants to get another pair they must pay out 75k so over time this change will act as a money sink....

I mean I kinda see where they are getting at, just make the GE price to the market price of the items. Like make party hats/shields to their true market price so they will be buyable in GE. But then again, the majority of the people who have them were trying to use them instead of selling.

I call this an absolute and total failure of a scale so epic that not even Michael Bay can make a movie out of this.

I think the point of the update was to make something that pkers were using as footwear and cost almost nothing now have a value to them and so loosing a pair causes you to loose 70k worth of value which will over time act a money sink. The increase in wealth is only temporary. Think long term so maybe in the short term 700bil was created you can only get at best 60% of that value minus the cost of the natures runes and once that money is gained it cant be gotten again and if that player wants to get another pair they must pay out 75k so over time this change will act as a money sink....

Rune boots: 88k

climbing boots: 75k

which will you be using?

Also, the money doesn't come in momentarily, it takes a while to alch a big load. I'm guessing most edge pkers won't be using boots from now on.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's confirmed. Jagex hires people [not-so-clever people] to get a bonus from the gouvernment (atleast, you get such a bonus in Belgium, so I assume in the UK aswell).

This is the result.

Perhaps boots were bought for 50k: But only 10 per day, not at all this many!

Even if you sold boots for 50k, this wouldn't put any extra money in the GE. At best, thy should have just raised the price in the GE, like they did witch ashes once (no idea why it dropped again).

There are barely any words for this.

Awesome quote! :lol:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Fact is, NOBODY is going to use them now.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

The post from mod mark is [cabbage]. Clmibing boots never were 400k street price(eqvivalent to 75k ge) and he is just clueless about the game and about what his cronies are doing while he spanks his secretary. A sad day for scape to be honest... Selectively handing out 300b is a tragedy.

where was this post about 400k street price?

Naaxi.png

The post from mod mark is [cabbage]. Clmibing boots never were 400k street price(eqvivalent to 75k ge) and he is just clueless about the game and about what his cronies are doing while he spanks his secretary. A sad day for scape to be honest... Selectively handing out 300b is a tragedy.

I'm wondering this. How does 75k g.e mean 400k street? Jagex's reasoning was that the odd player would buy them for maybe 50k from other players when desperate maybe once a month so they must be worth that? I've bought tinderboxes from other players for quests for 20k each when in need, this doesn't mean they should change the price of them now does it?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If the economy is supposed to be going haywire from this, how come things seem to be pretty normal in the G.E. for the herbs and bars I'm in the market for? And I can't even sell dragon bones at all...? Seems like those would be snatched up by somebody... Then again, I can't buy or sell d bones right now, other than from myself... :blink:

It's still only been a few hours since the update - not many people may be aware of the change yet. Nevertheless, inflation caused by this update won't become present really for several days. Really, I imagine that only a small portion of people in possession of a significant number of the boots have been online to sell them and make a profit; only once effectively the majority of boot-holders has emptied their stock will the repercussion really begin to be felt. It's not too late for Jagex to at the very least lower the alch price IMO...

2mfiy51.jpg

400k street price is eqvivalent to 75k ge price(if you know how street price works). Mod mark said the people would have been able to sell them or the same price anyway, with just more hassle. Boots were 2 gp each at sherpa. Mod mark is ...... sorry, i can't post those things on these forums...

400k street price is eqvivalent to 75k ge price. Mod mark said the people would have been able to sell them or the same price anyway, with just more hassle. Boots were 2 gp each at sherpa. Mod mark is ...... sorry, i can't post those things on these forums...

Am I missing something here, HOW does 75k g.e mean 400k street?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

400k street price is eqvivalent to 75k ge price. Mod mark said the people would have been able to sell them or the same price anyway, with just more hassle. Boots were 2 gp each at sherpa. Mod mark is ...... sorry, i can't post those things on these forums...

wait so this 400k street to 75k ge price is something commonly accepted by the trade community or something?

The thing is I can understand that jagex wants climbing boots to be 75k gp each, I just disagreed with how they did it.

I don't think the problem is that the fact that boots are 75k ea so much as the inflation it caused, and the fact t hat some players got really rich instantly, for 0 effort.

In the long run, slayer will be a bit more profitable, with boot prices rising again, which, barring the initial and completely unnecessary inflation/general chaos, could be a good thing.

Naaxi.png

Am I missing something here, HOW does 75k g.e mean 400k street?

Because if you're trading more than 60k worth off the ge value, you'll need junk to buy something with cash. So that something with say 1m street and low ge value would need almost 1m worth of junk to be able to trade. But junk, even if it's not worth as much as the ge says is still worth something, so that 400k worth of junk is about the same as 75k worth in the ge (according to xpx here)

Scherzo.png

Rune boots: 88k

climbing boots: 75k

which will you be using?

Also, the money doesn't come in momentarily, it takes a while to alch a big load. I'm guessing most edge pkers won't be using boots from now on.

Thats even better maybe rune boots will see a rise once the current supply is bought up... @gromhell5's last post you could be right edge pkers might just stop wearing boots altogether...

Money in street price is worth around 5 times less than money in market price. Thus if an item with high street price nears this mark they would crash.

I don't get that one bit? D boots are over 60k g.e and I can trade them without using junk? Rune boots are more than these but I don't value those at 500k? I don't get how this 400k street price assumption is made.

zqXeV.jpg

cake.png

The cake as a lie, is itself a lie.

You're about three years too late to go this heavy on Portal references Jagex...emot-effort.gif

Ummm, Portal 2 annouce at E3?

24bj3bl.png

An easter egg from their latest FunOrb game, Tomb Racer.

Someone at Jagex is playing Portal, or can't wait for the sequel.

Here is what is going to happen to climbing boots. Everybody will sell them to the shop or high alch them because nobody would buy them on GE. The GE price will drop to around 40k(the shop/alch price), supply of boots will be nonexistent, people with tons of boots gets rich, everybody is happy and we shall sit on the rooftop watching a rainbow made of love.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I don't get that one bit? D boots are over 60k g.e and I can trade them without using junk? Rune boots are more than these but I don't value those at 500k? I don't get how this 400k street price assumption is made.

75k minus old street price times 5 is the amount jagex would have thought they were sold before the update. If someone wanted to sell these items before the update in bulk and make 74,8k per boot before the update, the price they would have had to sell with junk is 400k. JUNK is valuable.

This is actually a big let down, might aswell unsubscribe next month and wait for SW: TOR and such. :mellow:

Just wasting time when the updates get so poopy

VIX VIX VIX

This is actually a big let down, might aswell unsubscribe next month and wait for SW: TOR and such. :mellow:

Just wasting time when the updates get so poopy

I mean this is a decent update, you got an interesting quest, awesome patch notes(fixed deflect), the new spells looks really good. Then comes the climbing boots.

Herp Derp

11-1.jpg[

I don't understand you one bit. Where is this time 5 coming from?

People wanted to sell them before the update for 75k they could sell them for 75k. People probably did sell them for 75k once in a while to a desperate buyer every so often. How on earth does this mean that they would have had to be 400k? They would have been 75k as said?

zqXeV.jpg