Celtic Knot Sliding Puzzles

Dire_Wolf

That looks challenging.... :unsure: I can imagine myself getting cross-eyed after starting i for 30 minutes.

I wish they'd remove the item requirements for Uri's emote in favour of puzzles though, getting my bank clogged with useless stuff is pretty much the only thing that puts me off TT.

[hide]

100702131332.png

[/hide]

I beg to differ. :grin:

2czeqeh.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast on lv 1 clues -.-

Man your bank looks almost exactly like mine... might upload a picture when i can be arsed.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Maybe you guys are thinking too complex? Maybe its just something like this:

2eyvq60.jpg

A standard puzzlebox just with a bit more difficult picture of a celtic knot?

I think this would make the most sense in terms of not going too much out of the window in solving these, but, on the other hand, it'd still be quite a bit difficult than the puzzles now.

As this hasn't been discussed too much, would anyone like to guess which monsters will drop these babies? 2 of the monsters are confirmed, but, are a bit restricted in killing them. All the boss monsters in rs would also make sense to drop them(mithril dragons included) but would monsters like ice strykewyrms and dark beasts be deemed fit for them? I doubt abyssals would, because that'd just be too easy.

Which two are confirmed?

Bork and the Skeletal Horror.

Do you have any proof of this? It's hard to believe that Jagex would allow a boss exclusive to Demonheim drop TT's.

Maybe you guys are thinking too complex? Maybe its just something like this:

2eyvq60.jpg

A standard puzzlebox just with a bit more difficult picture of a celtic knot?

I think this would make the most sense in terms of not going too much out of the window in solving these, but, on the other hand, it'd still be quite a bit difficult than the puzzles now.

As this hasn't been discussed too much, would anyone like to guess which monsters will drop these babies? 2 of the monsters are confirmed, but, are a bit restricted in killing them. All the boss monsters in rs would also make sense to drop them(mithril dragons included) but would monsters like ice strykewyrms and dark beasts be deemed fit for them? I doubt abyssals would, because that'd just be too easy.

Which two are confirmed?

Bork and the Skeletal Horror.

Do you have any proof of this? It's hard to believe that Jagex would allow a boss exclusive to Demonheim drop TT's.

Skeletal Horror, not Skeletal Horde.

bigbird.jpg

skeleton horror from fur n seek, not dungeoneering.

edit: said rag+bone man insted of dung luls.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

If this is it, you can practice a tad, I suppose. :thumbup:

Celtic Knot Puzzle

The solution is very simple. The goal is to make the line switch between going over and under every time it crosses itself until it loops. Basically, it's Up, down, up, down etc.

At first i thought you were supposed to make it loop with each layer of "rings" being on it's own level. Since that was wrong, i could get the right shape in one click on each side.

Personally, i belive it'll be the one resembling a tangram puzzle. It would probably be extremely slow and tedious to solve in RS as we'll have to move the pieces with a wierd controlpad that makes the pieces teleport randomly. Thanks jagex in advance.

Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of this :rolleyes:

I'll probably just wait for someone to show an easy way to do the puzzle, look at the guide, and then breeze through them like the sliding puzzles we have now. I mean, considering the wide variety of ages that play this game, they can't make the puzzle TOO hard, it needs to be semi-understandable even for kids.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Surely they are challenging, when you dont even know what you should do. :unsure:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I wish clues was not about puzzles, but about challenges such as defeating a tough monster.

Like too few challenges in this game are revloved around defeating monsters, including getting those clues in the first place. I do think it's a healty addition to have those kinds of games within the game, although i don't think they should be anything an average person with a few hours of practice shouldn't be able to do within ~10 minutes. Puzzle boxes now- a bit too easy, but going significantly harder than that would propably put quite a few people off from the start. You have to factor in that there aren't too many people around with the stats and skill to boss hunt in significant quantity while having the ability and the patience to solve a tough puzzle.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I wish clues was not about puzzles, but about challenges such as defeating a tough monster.

Like too few challenges in this game are revloved around defeating monsters, including getting those clues in the first place. I do think it's a healty addition to have those kinds of games within the game, although i don't think they should be anything an average person with a few hours of practice shouldn't be able to do within ~10 minutes. Puzzle boxes now- a bit too easy, but going significantly harder than that would propably put quite a few people off from the start. You have to factor in that there aren't too many people around with the stats and skill to boss hunt in significant quantity while having the ability and the patience to solve a tough puzzle.

Then again, if people like puzzles that much, why are they playing RS.

They would rather play puzzle games then I thought... :razz:

Then again, if people like puzzles that much, why are they playing RS.

They would rather play puzzle games then I thought... :razz:

How about this kind of Clue challenge:

"Dig at X spot inside Bandos boss room"

Now that's a elite clue challenge:

1) You need 40 KC

2) You need to get to spot + dig and not die.

Holy [Cabbage] What is that?! They should have put a rubix cube in there then I'd crack that open in a second :D

Yeah, that's what I thought, except if Jagex made a ribiks cube there would probably be a horribly tedious interface involved. :thumbdown: To be frank, I can't even stand most of the decent 3D rubiks cubes, let alone anything Jagex could cook up.

The celtic knot on the other hand looks like it might actually provide a nice challenge with a relatively simple interface.

I can imagine the horror Runescapers will experience when they finish this puzzle and their reward turns out to be junk :twisted:

they said no matter what you get clue scroll specific item...I have a feeling the price of purple sweets is going to crash big time.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

I can imagine the horror Runescapers will experience when they finish this puzzle and their reward turns out to be junk :twisted:

they said no matter what you get clue scroll specific item...I have a feeling the price of purple sweets is going to crash big time.

It depends how they manage the rewards. If they are making a 100% reward per clue completed, I have a funny feeling they are going to cascade the reward system.

What I mean is..

Clue Level 1: Level 1 Rewards

Clue Level 2: Level 1,2 Rewards

Clue Level 3: Level 1,2,3 Rewards

Clue Level 4: Level 1,2,3,4 Rewards

So a level 3 might be able to access all level 1, 2, and 3 rewards making the class 3 rewards still quite rare.

It took me a while, but I consider myself now to be an expert at sliding puzzles (in both runescape and real life) thanks to treasure trails. I beat out all my friends' times in those little iphone app puzzles thanks to frequent clue-scrolling. But as for this celtic knot... my puzzle solving skills will be limited again...

eventually we'll have runescape Rubix Cubes =P

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I wonder if we could use that one story as a solution to the Knot problems.

Use Knife -> Knot. Done!

All jokes aside, hopefully it isn't something that would cause me eye strain. Otherwise, this puzzle sounds fun.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Thankfully I've done a bunch of these before, my grandpa was from Scotland and gave me one when I was little. Guess I'll have to go dig it out and practice. From what I remember though..This things are hard as hell.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Heh, I learned to draw celtic knots when I was very young and have been fascinated with them ever since and draw them all the time. I look forward to this.

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't see the new puzzle as that complex. Just by looking at it, I believe I've figured out exactly how it works:

You move the runes in each path clockwise or counterclockwise by clicking on the colored arrows. When they match at the intersections, they will have a green outline. If they don't match, it will result in a red outline. Basically, the idea is to move all paths to where all intersections become green.

If two non-matching runes intersect, the rune that is on the overlapping path will be shown, and the rune on the underlying path will be hidden, in addition to the red outline.

I'm glad I wasn't homeschooled. My parents would have stamped my forehead with "GRAD" and sent me off to college at the age of twelve.

Lol... Um..... I found this topic on Google, and just now realized how old it was. X) Fml

I'm glad I wasn't homeschooled. My parents would have stamped my forehead with "GRAD" and sent me off to college at the age of twelve.