Return to drawball?

Snipers_end

I dumped my 3k ink there, too, but I just didn't have enough ammo....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not temp ban the known trolls? I mean it is against the rules here, and it gives them some incentive to grow the [bleep] up.

You can't ban somebody on one site for doing something legal on a completely separate site.

Why not temp ban the known trolls? I mean it is against the rules here, and it gives them some incentive to grow the [bleep] up.

You can't ban somebody on one site for doing something legal on a completely separate site.

Of course you'd say that. afaik the rules are up to interpretation of the mods/admins to prevent loopholes.

It's like a school field trip. Its not in the school but you still follow school rules.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

^ pretty much, it's easier to fix than the logo though.

Well for one thing, we don't even know who the trolls are. Or at least I don't.

I know 2 of them. It's pretty pathetic really, especially since it takes more effort to wreck it than it takes to make it as there are much more people helping.

^ pretty much, it's easier to fix than the logo though.

Well for one thing, we don't even know who the trolls are. Or at least I don't.

I know 2 of them. It's pretty pathetic really, especially since it takes more effort to wreck it than it takes to make it as there are much more people helping.

How did you figure out their identities, though?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Of course you'd say that. afaik the rules are up to interpretation of the mods/admins to prevent loopholes.

I would say that, because if the mods/admins were to ban somebody for spamming white ink on an internet graffiti wall, it would be very unfair. The school bus analogy is void because as far as I know there are no Tif mods or admins that own Drawball or have the ability to ip ban on it. A more fair analogy would be meeting a school teacher at the supermarket. They have no authority over you, nor do the school rules.

This is the internet. Of course if you try and put something up on anything, there's going to be [puncture]s who try and ruin it. I thought that would have been part of the appeal, succeeding in the face of overwhelming odds and all that jazz.

If you discourage the trolls, you might as well be drawing this up in MSPaint. Because there doesn't seem to be much other point to it than that.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I would be happy to give temp bans for some of the comments that have been made by the vandals and we know who is doing it. I am fine with people wanting to cover up the logo's, but the comments made towards staff and other members have been over the top. However I imagine the staff as a whole are unsure of the backlash that would occur from the rest of the forum users. If there was a majority consensus i would be happy to bring it to the attention to the rest of the staff (not saying anything would happen still though)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'd love to have temp bans put out, but it seems a bit silly to ban for doing that on drawball. It's like seeing someone trash-talking a moderator on a different forum, then banning them on their own forum. Obviously the ban was deserved, but it really wasn't within the rules at all.

wl7w9j.png

Impossible? I could probably have somebody banned for saying "and" if i tried hard enough. Nothing is impossible, the word you are looking for is immoral. Whether or not the comments are bad enough to warrant us banning all those proven to be related to the vandalism is the question.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This internet is serious business.

The most important thing in making a visible logo is not controlling the entire area, its controlling most of the area.For example, you can make out the word "Poland" from the main screen, even though the entire word was composed of 2000% ink. Notice if you zoom in, its about four lines in parallel.

Contrast and overall area are key... not blacking everything out.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

you have no proof of who made the insults. It would be impossible to ban people unless they confessed.

Except that a forum doesn't really work like a democracy. The trolls are definitely known, (some of them anyway) there doesn't really need to be proof which is pretty much impossible to get.

I'd like to bring everybody's attention to the fourth note on the first page of this topic:

"4. Drawball is not serious business. I was even the one to start this whole business, and I feel no anger, nor any superiority over vandals when vandalism happens. I simply ignore it, and go on. Now I am not saying don't have competitive fun, but please realize you can be passionate about such things without getting too caught up in it. "

Now is banning people on here when they broke no TIF rules really that necessary?

I'd like to bring everybody's attention to the fourth note on the first page of this topic:

"4. Drawball is not serious business. I was even the one to start this whole business, and I feel no anger, nor any superiority over vandals when vandalism happens. I simply ignore it, and go on. Now I am not saying don't have competitive fun, but please realize you can be passionate about such things without getting too caught up in it. "

Now is banning people on here when they broke no TIF rules really that necessary?

Certainly not. I don't see why there should be any forum repercussions for something that happens outside the forum.

Let the vandals stroke their e-ego's a little more...who cares.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti