Vuvuzelas in runescape ?

parthenorius

Video is brilliant.

-

Also that football vs handegg picture hopefully explains to america what their sport should of been called instead calling it something that the world uses and makes no sense for their sport anyway.

*Goes to play basketball! Skates along the ice and hits the puck into the back of the net with basketball stick!!*

-

Had some fun with the vuvuzelas in the game. Also only one match left!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug*

'Football' originally referred to the sport being played on foot, rather than on horseback. And what evolved into association football at first was much closer to gridiron.

As far as 'soccer', it's an English term shortened from 'association' that never went out of style here in the states, and I really don't see why everyone whines about it.

For all the stupid Americans that are talking about the World Cup not being important, let me just tell you that i'm American and have absolutely no interest in soccer, yet I am fully aware of Vuvuzelas and the final match-ups.

It's called reading the news.

Reading the news, huh? Find me the word "vuvuzela" on any of these front pages (or any other legitimate new source).

Yahoo: Top Stories

MSN: Top Stories

CNN: Top Stories

Time: Top Stories

Not everyone clicks the sports tab and certainly NO ONE will randomly search for a word as obscure as "vuvuzela." Just because someone doesn't care about a sport, doesn't mean they're stupid. Where will it get you in life knowing who won the World Cup in 1966 (or 2010 for that matter)? Oh, it won't get you anywhere.

Instead of being so condescending, why don't you help the unenlightened learn? Perhaps it's because you're an arrogant individual who thinks he's better than everyone else. Wake up, you're not. Get over yourself and learn not to be an ass to everyone you talk to.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/

Majority of Americans can't care less about the rest of the world's current events. (And this is coming from an American), therefor they only put it in the world category.

sig.jpg

People who don't read the news on a regular basis are ignorant and stupid.

Saying someone is ignorant for not reading about something that doesn't interest them is INCREDIBLY ignorant of you. :rolleyes:

Amen.

*Wants to paint the glassblowing pipe so it looks like a Vuvuzela*

^

Footegg ? I am fairly sure that the ball description is .. spherical BUT the rugby-like games just have to be .. unique =/ ?

And I am fairly sure you can find out the same number of empty stands in american football matches

People who don't spend their day being brainwashed by corrupt and biased media are ignorant and stupid.

Fixed that for you.

IMO, the people being lied to and mislead by the media and believing every word of it are ignorant and stupid. Plus, why would someone read about something that A.) doesn't interest them, B.) has no affect on them.

Here, is a link to fascinating BMX articles. Now, I want you to read all of them... 'Cause if you don't, you're ignorant and stupid. I don't care if it doesn't interest you or you're not into BMXing, just do it.

Grow the hell up. People like you sicken me.

Thank you.

09144a99bb.png

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world-- if you think American Football is more popular, you're just an ignorant American. Soccer is popular throughout most of the Eastern Hemisphere, while sports like baseball, football and to a lesser degree hockey (hockey is popular throughout much of Europe) are mainly popular in the USA and Canada.

td2sig.jpg

For all the stupid Americans that are talking about the World Cup not being important, let me just tell you that i'm American and have absolutely no interest in soccer, yet I am fully aware of Vuvuzelas and the final match-ups.

It's called reading the news.

Reading the news, huh? Find me the word "vuvuzela" on any of these front pages (or any other legitimate new source).

Yahoo: Top Stories

MSN: Top Stories

CNN: Top Stories

Time: Top Stories

Not everyone clicks the sports tab and certainly NO ONE will randomly search for a word as obscure as "vuvuzela." Just because someone doesn't care about a sport, doesn't mean they're stupid. Where will it get you in life knowing who won the World Cup in 1966 (or 2010 for that matter)? Oh, it won't get you anywhere.

Instead of being so condescending, why don't you help the unenlightened learn? Perhaps it's because you're an arrogant individual who thinks he's better than everyone else. Wake up, you're not. Get over yourself and learn not to be an ass to everyone you talk to.

After a 5 second search on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/07/10/uae.vuvuzela.ban/index.html?iref=allsearch

Ya... one of the thousand examples I can give you of the news mentioning the World Cup and Vuvuzelas. If you're implying that everyone is equal and no one is more intelligent than anyone else, you're hilariously wrong. People who don't read the news on a regular basis (searching Vuvuzela isn't reading the news) are ignorant and stupid.

In the past 3 weeks i've read about 4 or 5 stories mentioning Vuvuzelas on the news.

Who cares about the World Cup? I'll tell you. Sports fans. ON every continent. Not a sports fan? %100 chance you're not gonna know, or give a [bleep] about it. (Pardon the language)

This is amazing.

That. It. Is.

No no spammer, if you must spam you gotta do it so it looks like you're adding something to the topic. Like this sentence I'm typing at the moment, has absolutely nothing to do with the current topic. If I hadn't posted the quote above me, technically I'd be spamming. However it's generally accepted that you can spam as long as its not serious spam, and this parargraph still has nothing to do with this topic. So technically this is all spam, yet as stated it's still allowed because I'm chastising a fellow forum member, and all I have to do is post maybe 1-3 words at the end and this whole damn post becomes relavant. Now watch as I convert an entire post from spam, to an opinionated educated response to the topic at hand. Ready, set, go.

Vuvuzelas are epic :thumbup:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't follow any sports. Football, handegg, soccer, baseketball, etc. I follow none of them.

I still know what a vuvuzela is because I watch the Daily Show and read things on the internet. I knew about them like a week after people started complaining, but I figured that delay was standard for non-sports people.

EDIT: To anyone that says soccer is boring, why are any sports different? I find all sport watching to be inane and boring.

Even though I barely watch sports, I have to admit football is a bit more boring then soccer. Soccer involves continuous movement, 99% of football games are timeouts, false starts, etc etc.. The best you get is about 45 seconds of activity at one time.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Or not caring about a BS sport. I mean I hate to break it to you but very few people care about soccer here in America.

ITT: We learn that Kietaro1 and Studio1417 are the people other countries refer to when they say Americans are arrogant, ignorant morons.

People who don't spend their day being brainwashed by corrupt and biased media are ignorant and stupid.

Fixed that for you.

IMO, the people being lied to and mislead by the media and believing every word of it are ignorant and stupid. Plus, why would someone read about something that A.) doesn't interest them, B.) has no affect on them.

Here, is a link to fascinating BMX articles. Now, I want you to read all of them... 'Cause if you don't, you're ignorant and stupid. I don't care if it doesn't interest you or you're not into BMXing, just do it.

Thank you.

1254561143024.png

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't normally care if a thread gets slightly swayed off topic but there's no need to turn a vuvuzela thread into a "WHOAMG FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN SOCCER I KNOW THIS OBJECTIVELY" debate. Let's all chill out.

I don't normally care if a thread gets slightly swayed off topic but there's no need to turn a vuvuzela thread into a "WHOAMG FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN SOCCER I KNOW THIS OBJECTIVELY" debate. Let's all chill out.

I think people got bored of talking about vuvuzelas and decided to troll, counter-troll, and counter-counter-troll each other instead.

Oh, and for the record, I don't care about soccer, handegg, football, or whatever psychotic names you can think up for those two sports.

a70c7.png

[spoiler=Quotes]

Or not caring about a BS sport. I mean I hate to break it to you but very few people care about soccer here in America.

ITT: We learn that Kietaro1 and Studio1417 are the people other countries refer to when they say Americans are arrogant, ignorant morons.

Fixed that for you.

Thank you.

1254561143024.png

How am I being an "arrogant, ignorant moron" exactly? Have you even read all of my posts on this thread, or are you assuming this based on one post I made, thus taking my statements completely out of context?

To summarize my previous posts, I stated:

-what a vuvuzela is to someone who didn't know

-the reasons why football (soccer) isn't popular in America (actual reasons, not "lol soccer boring").

-football (soccer) is my favorite sport by far (playing it and watching international matches, that is).

-xxshady is a condescending, arrogant individual for assuming someone is an idiot because they don't know what a vuvuzela is (claiming that the individual in question doesn't read the news like he does).

Don't really see how any of those make me an "arrogant, ignorant moron," but I'd love to hear from someone who is all-knowing [/sarcasm].

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Everyone has their own opinion on everything, so why the hell are you arguing over football/soccer? You're not going to change the other persons mind, I promise, you wont, so just shut up. This thread isn't even about soccer/football, it's about Vuvuzela's, so discuss them, or have the thread locked and take it to pm if you're so butt-hurt about your sports.

Sumondskull6.png

To be honest (and on topic) I love when Jagex does these hidden cultural references. It's simply a nice find. Also, handegg makes me lol when I say outloud.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

To be honest (and on topic) I love when Jagex does these hidden cultural references. It's simply a nice find. Also, handegg makes me lol when I say outloud.

Me too. Especially when the word "egg" can mean... something else too in Finnish. :-?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

...I mean I hate to break it to you but very few people care about soccer here in America.

Oh no, I'm very upset now

/sarcasm

On Topic: I am not sure of Jahex tried to mimic the vuvuzela sound to be honest.. if it is the case they might remove it now, after world cup soccer ends right?

I hope they don't as I really like the extra sound. Only problem is, they cannot add sounds like this to many more items, as it will turn standing in the GE into a cacophony :ohnoes:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]