Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rainy
So from what I read, we are getting the treasure trail update AND the next void knight quest in the first week, together?

Also, new dungeoneering floors will be awesome so I can start getting into some dungeoneering again.
New activity sounds like a mobilising armies, but il wait and see what its like.

I never say no to extra bank spots, yes please. :^_^:

SanNo1
[ Display Name History ]

SanNo1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RSN:SanNo1

I do wonder how much of your special attack bar is preserved, because Ring of Vigour + spec restore + claws sounds OP. Even with 10% saved per spec you wouldn't have to wait long for a third spec.

Obviously yet another well thought out update by Jagex

Can't say I agree, we'll have to wait for the update to be able to judge it, it was just idle speculation.
Posted Image

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
Posted Image Dungeoneering Batch 1.75! I thought that they'd leave the new skill alone this month, considering how much development time it surely takes to make a whole new floor set. The new rewards sound very interesting too, I'm particularly interested in the Ring of Vigour. A lot of special weapons would get a huge increase of power even if their specials only cost 5% less.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

I do wonder how much of your special attack bar is preserved, because Ring of Vigour + spec restore + claws sounds OP. Even with 10% saved per spec you wouldn't have to wait long for a third spec.

Can't say I agree, we'll have to wait for the update to be able to judge it, it was just idle speculation.

For all we know, it could cost an insane amount of tokens. If its too powerfull, there's bound to be a drawback.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

For all we know, it could cost an insane amount of tokens. If its too powerfull, there's bound to be a drawback.

I always forget about my specs so I won't buy it :P, I read it the same as you did too, 2 updates this week hopefully.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
Is it possible to calculate how much XP you'll be able to get on the final floor in a large 5:5 dungeon?

If there's a ring of vigour I wonder if they'll release a ring of valour with a similar effect.

77yLQy8.png

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS

Even if it is a really high requirement, if its allowed in pvp situations its essentially making dungeoneering even more of a "combat skill" than it already is. Chaotic weapons are a huge advantage in pvp. If high level potions aren't allowed in pvp, then neither should dungeoneering rewards.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Looking forward to the treasure trails and the higher floors - hopefully primal plate? Everything else I won't really use.

The rings sound nice - but these last 4 days I've been mobilising army'ing lol -_- I think I'll wear berserker ring (i) over those reward rings anyway. Can't wait for the treasure trail rewards ammmgggg
Posted Image

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Is it possible to calculate how much XP you'll be able to get on the final floor in a large 5:5 dungeon?

If there's a ring of vigour I wonder if they'll release a ring of valour with a similar effect.

A quote from the user Andrew_Calcs from the high-level forum who entered the base xp value for each floor to calculate the higher floors

I soloed floor 1-35 and recorded the xps, and spent about an hour coming up with a formula that uses rounding to the tenths.

It's probably not exactly what Jagex uses, but close enough to approximate the floors extremely well.

increase in base xp(f) = increase in base xp(f-1)+5.7+((f+7)^2)/135

I modelled this out with excel over floor 1 through 35 and it didn't vary from the experimental gain in xp from a floor by more than 1.3 xp anywhere, so it should work well enough to approximate the xp increases of the new floors.

Sparing the math, according to this model:

prestige 40 = 1.35x more than prestige 35
prestige 45 = 1.79x more than prestige 35
prestige 50 = 2.33x more than prestige 35
prestige 55 = 2.98x more than prestige 35
prestige 60 = 3.76x more than prestige 35

Of course this won't be exact, but judging by how much error it shows on the previous floors, it shouldn't deviate from the true future xp rates too much, maybe 5-10% off at the very most.

Posted Image

Rapono
[ Display Name History ]

Rapono

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 122 posts
was i the only one who thought the new quest's name is horribly lame? i almost had a head-desk moment when i read the first sentence.
Posted Image
Posted Image

guitar_god_2007
[ Display Name History ]

guitar_god_2007

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 822 posts
  • RSN:Koolcookie0
Looking forward to this month. and yeah fingers crossed 2 updates today
Posted Image
Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts

A quote from the user Andrew_Calcs from the high-level forum who entered the base xp value for each floor to calculate the higher floors

I soloed floor 1-35 and recorded the xps, and spent about an hour coming up with a formula that uses rounding to the tenths.

It's probably not exactly what Jagex uses, but close enough to approximate the floors extremely well.

I modelled this out with excel over floor 1 through 35 and it didn't vary from the experimental gain in xp from a floor by more than 1.3 xp anywhere, so it should work well enough to approximate the xp increases of the new floors.

Of course this won't be exact, but judging by how much error it shows on the previous floors, it shouldn't deviate from the true future xp rates too much, maybe 5-10% off at the very most.

Hmm so floor 47 is around double the XP of 35? interesting.

77yLQy8.png

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
And I quote:

Navigating a maze of beer

Life. Is. Complete.
:pray:
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

Looking forward to this month. and yeah fingers crossed 2 updates today

Tomorrow, it's been confirmed by Mod Emilee.

Thanks for the answer(s). ;)

Xanotex
[ Display Name History ]

Xanotex

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • RSN:Xanotex
  • Clan:ollys fanclub, EOE
I'm going to do floor 1-34 and wait with 35 until the release, because normally you have to do the last floor before unlocking a new one right? If I do 35 already I might have to reset and do 35 again before we can start 36..

Looks like an awesome month to me and I'm looking forward to the rewards ;o

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
I hope they fix the xp rate normally for Dungeoneering. you need 45 Dung' for Gravite Weapons, but you wont have enough exp until ~60+ dungeoneering (plus 1m for recharge? rip off on so many levels)

I look forward to Void Quest as always, I want Korasi's sword ;__;

and I gave up on TT update. too many push backs.

Popoto.~<3

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

I hope they fix the xp rate normally for Dungeoneering. you need 45 Dung' for Gravite Weapons, but you wont have enough exp until ~60+ dungeoneering (plus 1m for recharge? rip off on so many levels)

I look forward to Void Quest as always, I want Korasi's sword ;__;

and I gave up on TT update. too many push backs.

Smuggle it bro.

'Conquest’ will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game.

Why don't they fix mobilising armies first?

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

'ConquestÂ’ will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game.

Why don't they fix mobilising armies first?

I'm worried about that too. Have Jagex not realised what happened to Mobilising Armies?

~ W ~

Posted Image

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RSN:D Jay99

Hmm so floor 47 is around double the XP of 35? interesting.

No more, for floor 47 the base xp is also 1.79 (a bit higher) times as high so it would be more like 1.79² times as much xp for floor 47, if you get 50k on f35 with 35 prestige now you'll get like 160k on floor 47 with max prestige :thumbup:
F35 xp does get about doubled though which is awesome too.

Wait no thats not right. Never mind this post lol I shouldn't post when in a hurry
Posted Image

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
Uh. So what DG level for floor 47?
And I hope they come out with Chaotic 2h, but I severely doubt it.

2dgucz6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users