What do you think is the all time best boss monster?

onedaysoon

Just curious to see what the general consensus on TIF is as to who is the all time great of boss monsters. When making your decision I'd like you to take into account:

-Difficulty

-Rewards

-Fun factor

-Achievement

(The four Godwars bosses are all by themselves and as widely counted as TD's are in most places, I wouldn't call them a boss monster)

For me I think the best would have to be the Corporeal beast. Great drops, good fun and a decent challenge.

So what do you think?

4sDIn.png

TDs but if you don't consider them a boss, corp

-Difficulty, most likely boss to die on

-Rewards, not the best money/hr but great potential loot, enough to make you get anxious after every 90 second kill

-Fun factor, it's the most efficient thing to kill in groups of 6 making it fun since you have people to talk to instead of killing, getting ready, repeat the whole trip while soloing or duoing. You also get to bank every 40 mins giving you some time to take a break and do something small like get a drink, etc.

Also, when you die you rarely lose your stuff and when it happens you dont have to spend time getting kc or getting a door partner, you just go straight back in.

-Achievement, no sure what you mean by this

(The four Godwars bosses are all by themselves and as widely counted as TD's are in most places, I wouldn't call them a boss monster)

Er, what exactly does that mean? PLEASE tell me your not taking Godwar Bosses from this list. TD's I could kinda understand, seeing as there's lot of them.....even though I'd rate them as my favorite, since

A) I'm more of a solo player

B) I'm not "elite" enough for most gw teams, and probably corp teams

C) Never done much with Dag Kings.

Anyhow, again, please tell me your not removing the GW bosses from this list. Why wouldn't you just count each GW boss by them self?

And personally, after seeing a video of someone kill Corp with FLOWERS (a long with a few Statius warhammer specials) I don't think Corp would be on my list; if someone can kill Corp mostly with flowers. and yet sigils are still as expensive as they are, that says something.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Dungeoneering bosses would have difficulty and fun factor in the bag for me, but the lack of actual rewards besides tier 11 drops and not so much "achievement" makes them only good for casual reasons.

That being said, those are the only bosses that I have encountered.

If I had to pick one out of all of them, I would have to say Lexicus Runewright. The boss's unique design stands out to me ("Book barrage!"), and it's not another one of those "use melee and protect pray" bosses.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I like Zamorak Godwars TBH

-Difficulty - While extremely dangerous in a solo, it's actually very easy with a team when the attackers feed the tank

-Rewards - I'm in it more for the fun, but it;s fair to mention that along with Saradomin, K'ril has high drop rates compared to Bandos/Armadyl. He also dies fast, so you usually get the splits faster

-Fun factor - He has low def which gives many opportunities for those 600+ hits everyone loves to see, as well as the random 400+ hits the tank takes, it keeps it interesting and a bit on edge. Also the darker area doesn't give me a headache, I can stay here for hours without getting bored. It's also fun to Solo crash a kill or two from teams during my Spirit Mage tasks.

-Achievement - I guess it's kind of an achievement to solo it, but not really in teams.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I like kalphite queen the best still. I like how it's old school, still really hard for its level, and just (to me) fun to fight. Of course the rewards are terrible, but always funny to see noobs die down there. I remember I was around level 70 with all of my best gear on, went down there (just to see what it looked like =D) and got hit with about 60 points of ranged damage in a couple of seconds. I miss old runescape :cry:

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

I like Zamorak Godwars TBH

-Difficulty - While extremely dangerous in a solo, it's actually very easy with a team when the attackers feed the tank

-Rewards - I'm in it more for the fun, but it;s fair to mention that along with Saradomin, K'ril has high drop rates compared to Bandos/Armadyl. He also dies fast, so you usually get the splits faster

-Fun factor - He has low def which gives many opportunities for those 600+ hits everyone loves to see, as well as the random 400+ hits the tank takes, it keeps it interesting and a bit on edge. Also the darker area doesn't give me a headache, I can stay here for hours without getting bored. It's also fun to Solo crash a kill or two from teams during my Spirit Mage tasks.

-Achievement - I guess it's kind of an achievement to solo it, but not really in teams.

This sums my thoughts quite well. ZGWD, not the best money out there but if you are looking monster to kill with friends then K'ril is a nice choice.

I'm not personally a fan of soloing (maybe that changes after I get turm/ext/ovl/ in the next couple decades) but if I had to choose one boss to solo then it would be kbd (well atleast he used to be a boss :-# ) just because the nostalgia factor.

Sephy.png

Er, what exactly does that mean? PLEASE tell me your not taking Godwar Bosses from this list. TD's I could kinda understand, seeing as there's lot of them.....even though I'd rate them as my favorite, since

A) I'm more of a solo player

B) I'm not "elite" enough for most gw teams, and probably corp teams

C) Never done much with Dag Kings.

Anyhow, again, please tell me your not removing the GW bosses from this list. Why wouldn't you just count each GW boss by them self?

And personally, after seeing a video of someone kill Corp with FLOWERS (a long with a few Statius warhammer specials) I don't think Corp would be on my list; if someone can kill Corp mostly with flowers. and yet sigils are still as expensive as they are, that says something.

By that I mean that Godwars does not count, instead its like, I prefer Kree, or Graardor etc.

4sDIn.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nomad :thumbsup: He really does feel like a boss to me. Requires attention, combat styles, 1v1, trash talking, can only beat him once, he's definetly a boss. Too many other bosses feel like they can be farmed and therefore removing the "boss" feel to them.

Having said that, Elvarg should also be on the list, and the demon. These for me were tough back in the day and really felt like a big achievement when I beat them. Nomad therefore feels like the current day equivalent.

EDIT - Also the corporal beast DURING the quest. So fun, really felt like a boss. Shame he's so easily farmed doesn't feel like an achievement.

I'm still waiting for the day where we need healers and such in perhaps say a restricted instanced area that is NOT dungeoneering and requires a series of challenges to get to him - and can only kill say once a week :thumbsup: ( wow much, haha )

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

What do you mean by boss specifically?

Personally i view the penance queen as one of the best bosses in game.

-Difficulty

If a team member has no clue what there doing your going to have a pain explaining it to him while still trying to stay alive with the queen attacking you.

-Rewards

fighter torso which some people think of as one of the best bodies in game.

-Fun factor

I love playing on a team but hate the wack a mole style of gameplay for most bosses.

-Achievement

It feels great when you finally get level 5 in all roles.

Its just me but I prefer team monsters where each person actually has to do something different other then wack away with a gs/whip/chaotic all day.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Nomad :thumbsup: He really does feel like a boss to me. Requires attention, combat styles, 1v1, trash talking, can only beat him once, he's definetly a boss. Too many other bosses feel like they can be farmed and therefore removing the "boss" feel to them.

This. You couldn't just sit by and hit him until he dies, but you could beat him without having all of the available high end gear unlike the CB. That for me sets him above any of the non-quest bosses. Nomad has the setup puzzle, the story, and he still delivers as a tough fight unlike others.

Perhaps the Inadequacy as well. Nowhere near as hard, but an important fight in its own right. And still quite hard if you're the bare minimum required level like I was.

TzTok Jad as well. You finish a two hour endurance run, and fight a monster that can kill you in one shot if you aren't prepared. The only thing that makes it easy is having done it before, and the videos that everyone loves to quote to show how much of a joke it is are all made by players who probably have spent more time killing Jad than the viewer has spent ingame.

Non-quest bosses don't seem like bosses to me. There's virtually no dungeon to crawl through, with the exception of TDs, and they can be farmed. They're just like any other monster, though requiring a bit more work.

Being brought up on Zelda probably warped my definition of bosses away from the typical MMO format :unsure:

TL/LT (Too long/Less type)

RS1: King Black Dragon

RS2: Corporeal Beast

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

The Corp can be massively pilled and farmed, and for that fact alone it loses its rank 1 position for me. My favourite is Nomad by far, because the fight can be very long and the tension is very high all the way. It's not a boss you can camp, not a boss you can farm, not a boss you can hide from. You have to face him, and given his massive power you can die at any mistake you make. That, added up to the fact he's got various attacks making the fight more interesting, makes it the most thrilling fight in the whole game. Also, the NPC itself sounds calculating, smart and intimidating, and he looks fearsome at first sight - these kinds of things also count in the long run.

signaturemw.png

Dagannoth kings!!

One of the first really challenging boss type things Jagex put out, and IMO, one of the most fun ever. I just love that they actually require some strategy to kill - you need to use multiple combat styles (including mage!). It's also kind of fun that there are so many unique drops, and that they are somewhat common.

It also says a lot that it took players a while to perfect it. Yes, with overloads/turmoil and max gear/stuff you can destroy them alone.

But when they were first released most teams took a meleer, a ranger, and a mager. Nowadays we would think that to be a ridiculous strategy, but it made sense at the time.

• 4 weeks later...