Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep dude. I wouldn't care less if they did 2x xp weekends with minimal to no warning. But because they decided to give a 2 week warning again, I can no longer buy any potions or ingredients for them to do the things i like to do.

Only thing I agree with is that they should not tell us 2 WEEKS before it starts. IMO, give us 1-3(if that) Days warning.

Mind explaining how giving items less time to rise in price in response to increased demand is somehow going to make them easier to buy? Because from where I'm standing, that seems pretty far-fetched.

If the bonus xp weekend was done without warning, nobody would have any time to buy supplies. People would be forced to spend their highest multipliers at the GE trying to buy them, or at chaos druids or something desperately trying to DIY them. That would be a stupid way to do it.

Gona get 99 FM. After I make a few hundred pots (200+ overloads, and some other x pots) I'm just going to get 99 FM, and then either DG, or do something else.

And a tree run, of course.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I haven't checked through all the posts here, but this might be interesting.

http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=101

0-30 minutes: 2.7x

30-60minutes: 2.55x

60-90 minutes: 2.4x

90-120 minutes: 2.25x

120-150 minutes: 2.1x

150-180 minutes: 2.0x

180-210 minutes: 1.9x

210-240 minutes: 1.8x

240-270 minutes: 1.7x

270-300 minutes: 1.6x

300-330 minutes: 1.5x

330-360 minutes: 1.45x

360-390 minutes: 1.4x

390-420 minutes: 1.35x

420-450 minutes: 1.3x

450-480 minutes: 1.25x

480-510 minutes: 1.2x

510-540 minutes: 1.175x

540-570 minutes: 1.15

570-600 minutes: 1.125x

Could be added to the first post of this topic.

Finny_Rawrs.png

Finny_Rawrs.png

~The bonus XP multiplier will be applied after all other Dungeoneering modifiers. The tokens you earn from a dungeon will be based on the actual XP you receive from a dungeon before the bonus XP modifies it. Dungeoneering tokens will still only be worth 1XP each if traded in with the rewards NPC. For example, if you complete a dungeon while the bonus XP modifier is at 2.7x and get 10,000XP and 1,000 tokens, you will actually receive 27,000 Dungeoneering XP in total, but still only 1,000 tokens.

This explains that when dungeoneering during xp weekend will not get you double tokens!

But this is still a good chance to level up for an higher prestige!

People are all talking about how prices are skyrocketing but no one is talking how the prices will most likely crash after the event. im expecting prices for most items that people are buying like mad to crash quite a bit after the event so it will be the best time for me to buy :P

Advice: start up a dungeoneering team 1 and a half hours before the double exp starts (12:00pm gmt on friday), and clear every single room out. Wait for double exp and get double dungeoneering exp, then start your herblore or whatever you plan to do.

C1Geq.png

Advice: start up a dungeoneering team 1 and a half hours before the double exp starts (12:00pm gmt on friday), and clear every single room out. Wait for double exp and get double dungeoneering exp, then start your herblore or whatever you plan to do.

How are you going to end a dungeon after a system update? <_< exactly

It's likely jagex won't have any major mistakes this time like allowing xp boosts for summoning(which was an obvious mistake), and Dungeoneering will actually likely be the worst to get double xp for(you wil 90% miss out completely on 2,7x multiplier and always get a lower multiplier than what it was when you started the dungeon).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Most herbs are crashing, like last weekend. Only herbs that still sold instantly max this morning were irit and above, but that won't last for long either I think. I personally got rid of all my herbs, including my 1.7k torstols.

Also, torstol seeds are crashing, so I predict torstols to follow them in the nexty 1-2 days, following the pattern of snaps. I'm kinda curious though whether torstols will crash for long. Last xp weekend, they crashed at 26k but stabilised at 30-33k AFTER the weekend, mainly due to more demand because more people being able to make them, I think.

Most herbs are crashing, like last weekend. Only herbs that still sold instantly max this morning were irit and above, but that won't last for long either I think. I personally got rid of all my herbs, including my 1.7k torstols.

Also, torstol seeds are crashing, so I predict torstols to follow them in the nexty 1-2 days, following the pattern of snaps. I'm kinda curious though whether torstols will crash for long. Last xp weekend, they crashed at 26k but stabilised at 30-33k AFTER the weekend, mainly due to more demand because more people being able to make them, I think.

The thing about Xp Weekends is that they sometimes cause pretty long lasting effects on herbs from people hoarding it for the next weekend.

How are you going to end a dungeon after a system update? <_< exactly

It's likely jagex won't have any major mistakes this time like allowing xp boosts for summoning(which was an obvious mistake), and Dungeoneering will actually likely be the worst to get double xp for(you wil 90% miss out completely on 2,7x multiplier and always get a lower multiplier than what it was when you started the dungeon).

there is no system update. the code to manage the bonus xp weekend is put into the game during the weekly update and goes live without disturbing the game. at least, that's how it was last time.

fishing.gif

Seconds are still going strong - particularly wyvern bones @ 9400+.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'm just going to do farming... Hopefully I can get 15x magic, 15x palm, 2x calquats, and 1x spirit tree all together at 2x+ experience. A solid 1M farming experience could get me from 94 to 96, or very close to it at least.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I'm just going to do farming... Hopefully I can get 15x magic, 15x palm, 2x calquats, and 1x spirit tree all together at 2x+ experience. A solid 1M farming experience could get me from 94 to 96, or very close to it at least.

If you really only did just that, most of it would be done at 2,7x.

WarBlastoise.png