Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

They say they took feedback from the last bonus xp weekend for this one. I might be wrong but from reading various RS forums (fansite and official) after the last Bonus Xp Weekend it looked to me like a greater percentage of the RS Community didn't want another Bonus Xp weekend and those that did want another thought both Herblore and Summoning should have been capped :unsure:

Regardless of wether that's right or not, it looks like Jagex feel that Herblore isn't expensive enough as it is :wall:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the two skills on my radar right now are thieving & runecrafting. The goal is to become effigy self-sufficient.

I will have 97 thieving in 10 days at my current rate. I have 99 runecrafting bought & paid for, and have had it for months - just lacking the motivation.

But Labor Day weekend is a big holiday in the US and it is also the first weekend of the NCAA football season. So I may boycott and just enjoy real life that weekend.

The easy button has no real appeal for me.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Already can't buy prayer potions for max. I hate you Jagex, I hate you.

This is not all directed at you, People should always have stocks of Herbs/Second/Food/ etc. Even if your the worst Slayer/Monster Killer ( Men/ Women in Edgy) You should always have some sort of stock of items THAT YOU ALWAYS USE.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

This is not all directed at you, People should always have stocks of Herbs/Second/Food/ etc. Even if your the worst Slayer/Monster Killer ( Men/ Women in Edgy) You should always have some sort of stock of items THAT YOU ALWAYS USE.

Some people do not keep enough stock for two to three weeks. I know I didn't when I was going for 99 slayer. I was using turmoil and cannoning constantly, and I relied on farm runs and slayer to fuel it, so I often only had enough stock for maybe two or three days of slayer at a time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Some people do not keep enough stock for two to three weeks. I know I didn't when I was going for 99 slayer. I was using turmoil and cannoning constantly, and I relied on farm runs and slayer to fuel it, so I often only had enough stock for maybe two or three days of slayer at a time.

Yep dude. I wouldn't care less if they did 2x xp weekends with minimal to no warning. But because they decided to give a 2 week warning again, I can no longer buy any potions or ingredients for them to do the things i like to do.

I mean. My bad for being at work when it's announced so i have a 5 hour handicap on buying stuff right?

It's sad because I like to corp alot, and the teams I join or create get messed up because I or others cant make the stuff we need to do what we do.

Way to go [bleep]ex. Way to rig your "poll" to make it as there was no wrong answer. If you actually had the balls to ask the right questions, you would see that a better majority of people wouldn't prefer these things. I have not found 1 single friend on my list who was pumped for this. Thanks for messing up the gameplay of the majority of your players for weeks.

nautica.png

nautica.png

Well I did have a stock, but I used it. Go figure.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Yep dude. I wouldn't care less if they did 2x xp weekends with minimal to no warning. But because they decided to give a 2 week warning again, I can no longer buy any potions or ingredients for them to do the things i like to do.

I mean. My bad for being at work when it's announced so i have a 5 hour handicap on buying stuff right?

It's sad because I like to corp alot, and the teams I join or create get messed up because I or others cant make the stuff we need to do what we do.

Way to go [bleep]ex. Way to rig your "poll" to make it as there was no wrong answer. If you actually had the balls to ask the right questions, you would see that a better majority of people wouldn't prefer these things. I have not found 1 single friend on my list who was pumped for this. Thanks for messing up the gameplay of the majority of your players for weeks.

Only thing I agree with is that they should not tell us 2 WEEKS before it starts. IMO, give us 1-3(if that) Days warning.

And my argument for Always have a stock of items you use, I can see where it has flaws such as : Any Monster Hunter like yourself, Some days I use 30 Ppots, Some Days 100

Morningrise, Surely 2-3 Days of Ppots is enough for 1 day of hard slayer. And like you have said : you farmed, which every who is capable of doing should.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

I have 1k prayer pots, but I use around 100 a day slaying, maybe more monster hunting.. 10 days, and the weekend is around 21 away? I have a stock but I need more.. im not cutting down on turmoiling I shouldnt have to change the way I play because of this :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Labor Day weekend? Pssh, even more reason for me not to attend. I don't like the concept of it either as I've stated previously on the last weekend, so I won't be logging in that weekend. You guys enjoy, I'm going to go enjoy BBQ's instead.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Morningrise, Surely 2-3 Days of Ppots is enough for 1 day of hard slayer. And like you have said : you farmed, which every who is capable of doing should.

I meant I usually kept 2-3 days of prayer potions for power-slaying. If I were still slaying, I'd be pretty annoyed. Come to think of it, that's exactly what happened last bonus weekend. I had maybe 250~ pray pots in the bank last time, which is nowhere near enough for a couple weeks of slaying.

I farmed (and still farm) cash crops, not ranarrs, so my 200-300 avantoe/toadflax/snap seeds didn't help me much. Prayer potions were still unbuyable.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Doesn't work for Summoning which I am disappointed in. But I suppose it's for the best.

But yeah, lots of things are going to skyrocket, most notably bars and smithing supplies. Got to say mining is going to see a much larger profit than it usually does.

j0xPu5R.png

And everybody knows that, given the noob kiddie majority, the answer most displeasing to veterans of the game will always be chosen, so the veterans usually don't even bother to look at the polls. All the noobs thought "YAY LOL IM GUNA GET MOAR FREE XP HEHEHE" and voted for it.

I'm actually glad I am going out of town until October, since I'll miss the worst of the effects this has on the market.

I'd also like to say:

Thank you to all the dumb ass [developmentally delayed]s who are panic selling all your armor/weapons. I got several great bargains on stuff that will inevitably go right back up in a week or two :thumbsup:

td2sig.jpg

looks like herblore for me, i had 2500 magic pots lying aroudn so thats 1.5m herb xp or so

after that ill feltch broad arrows

then ill either craft air bstaves or slay

finaly when im reduced down to 1.1x illl go train summoning to 98.8 using a small portion of my charms, ill get about 200k xp form 99 and stop

a_final_name.png

Well I already have a great portion of the supplies for the only practical things left for me to bother training. Im especially grateful for strange rocks as thats why I got alot of supplies before they announced it. The double xp weekend suddenly makes them level 100-able and construction is the only one I want to change. :-D (Although I do have alot of oak too lol.) I even kept enough stock for my charms and only lacking a little bit which isnt buying on the g.e, but I dont care that much and probably buy eventually.

Only needed to buy up some mahog planks as I was using oak but I bought nearly all I need for that.

So all in all even at higher prices briefly I got everything I need and glad I took full advantage of herblore on the first weekend so I can completely ignore it.

Also a certain material useful for a semi clique group is still selling cheap on g.e that is awesome for me on double xp weekend. Infact it seems to be crashing even worse since it was announced... :thumbup: :thumbup: I was expecting the weekend to screw that over too but everyone seems to be dumping it instead of buying it up. Dont mind that at all!! However ofcourse everything else is completely screwed up and I cant stand these weekends. =/