Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

Last year was bad maths. Hopefully they make it add up properly this time.

Atleast if they say 2 + 2 = 4 they should try to make it actually equal 4 rather than 3.4.

This year its better to just stock huge amounts of things incase they think the answer is 3.1 and mess up peoples calculations of what resources they need.

I imagine its actually quite annoying for most people who are trying to maximise whatever they trying do achieve in xp/gp. Especially with things like herblore where you unlock stuff like overloads and plan to ride the rest of the trip on them with other bought resources instead of wasting money making the previous less worth while items, only to discover you havnt gained enough xp due to jagex bad maths and forced to buy more at a heavy cost or lose out on the huge xp from overloads. Further wasting time making those extra pots rather than the overloads themselves.

*cof*

But yes. Something similar xp is what bonus xp weekend is all about. If its herblore in particular remember to stock up big time ontop of what you think you need as you can always find some use for leftovers anyway. :unsure:

Oh yeah, I remembering doing all the calculus to get accurate estimates of how many seconds t buy and when to use them, but then, they didn't follow the formula they gave us. Gold charms actig as buffer really saved the day, for me.

WarBlastoise.png

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone advis:

i have millions worth in torstol SEEDS and ranarr SEEDS

Will they inflate loads or go down as we approach the exp weekend? :S

Note, merchents are hoarding right now, so get them out at max in about a week, and deffenetly don't wait til the last week because they will be unsellable at min, if it holds true from last time.

Last year was bad maths. Hopefully they make it add up properly this time.

Atleast if they say 2 + 2 = 4 they should try to make it actually equal 4 rather than 3.4.

This year its better to just stock huge amounts of things incase they think the answer is 3.1 and mess up peoples calculations of what resources they need.

I imagine its actually quite annoying for most people who are trying to maximise whatever they trying do achieve in xp/gp. Especially with things like herblore where you unlock stuff like overloads and plan to ride the rest of the trip on them with other bought resources instead of wasting money making the previous less worth while items, only to discover you havnt gained enough xp due to jagex bad maths and forced to buy more at a heavy cost or lose out on the huge xp from overloads. Further wasting time making those extra pots rather than the overloads themselves.

*cof*

But yes. Something similar xp is what bonus xp weekend is all about. If its herblore in particular remember to stock up big time ontop of what you think you need as you can always find some use for leftovers anyway. :unsure:

Oh yeah, I remembering doing all the calculus to get accurate estimates of how many seconds t buy and when to use them, but then, they didn't follow the formula they gave us. Gold charms actig as buffer really saved the day, for me.

I wrote a series of calculators for summoning that were rendered fairly useless because of those errors. luckily i had enough golds to make up the difference.

fishing.gif

Can anyone advis:

Note, merchents are hoarding right now, so get them out at max in about a week, and deffenetly don't wait til the last week because they will be unsellable at min, if it holds true from last time.

So ideally, sell them in the next 3-4 days?

or sell them now (max?) and avoid risk?

Can anyone advis:

Wait wait wait... so that means if I wait till Thursday before the double xp weekend I will be able to buy supplies for skills easily?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I will have to go play GOP again to get some blood altar teleport tabs...And buy a lot of pure essences before they too get sold out. Double Runecrafting xp ftw.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Wait wait wait... so that means if I wait till Thursday before the double xp weekend I will be able to buy supplies for skills easily?

Possibly. You also risk buying the supplies for twice as much though.

That would in turn make it so that you arent actually saving anything other then time.

I'm just hoping they get the times right this time. It took something like 10 hours for the bonus exp to drop to 1.1x instead of I think 15 hours.

It took you ten hours to drop to 1.1? I don't think I got much more than half of that. The previous time was so buggy it was pathetic.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm just hoping they get the times right this time. It took something like 10 hours for the bonus exp to drop to 1.1x instead of I think 15 hours.

It took you ten hours to drop to 1.1? I don't think I got much more than half of that. The previous time was so buggy it was pathetic.

I can't remember the actual time frame, but your right. It was hell'a buggy.

Popoto.~<3

After 7 hours xp was down to 1,1x, where it stayed for the entire weekend. (instead of dropping to 1,1x after the intended 10 hours)

Pretty horrible indeed... :razz:

I'm so glad I did not use/sell my MTK herbs and nests :thumbsup:

herbsforxpweekend.png

+ a few more from farming and MTK over next 2 weeks.

Going to collect most of the seconds myself, already done 1k scales and phoenix feathers.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

By the way, construction is one viable activity to do, all you need to do is buy the logs; the cost of planks is set.

Huh, isn't the best way to do construction by buying the planks beforehand or am I missing something?

Yeah but try buying a large amount of planks now. :unsure:

But IMO con is not worth wasting the bonus on, since you can get the boost with SC any time.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

By the way, construction is one viable activity to do, all you need to do is buy the logs; the cost of planks is set.

Huh, isn't the best way to do construction by buying the planks beforehand or am I missing something?

But IMO con is not worth wasting the bonus on, since you can get the boost with SC any time.

SC is actually not as good for construction as it appears.

Using oak doors, a Sacred Clay Hammer lasts for less than 6 minutes and saves 25,375 exp worth of oak planks - 244k. It takes about 15 minutes to obtain each hammer using an SC world. You therefore spend 21 minutes total to get 12 minutes worth of experience, saving 244k in the process. Therefore, if you value your time over 1624k/hour, SC hammers are a waste of time.

Just for comparison, the time value at which using SC hammers for smithing adamant plates is about 4m/hour.

Of course, you could say that SC is more fun to do than train construction, but in a skill that you can train at 250k+ exp/hr the cheaper way and 600k exp/hr the slightly more expensive way, you should not be worried about boosting exp rates.

2496 Completionist

SC is actually not as good for construction as it appears.

Using oak doors, a Sacred Clay Hammer lasts for less than 6 minutes and saves 25,375 exp worth of oak planks - 244k. It takes about 15 minutes to obtain each hammer using an SC world. You therefore spend 21 minutes total to get 12 minutes worth of experience, saving 244k in the process. Therefore, if you value your time over 1624k/hour, SC hammers are a waste of time.

Just for comparison, the time value at which using SC hammers for smithing adamant plates is about 4m/hour.

Of course, you could say that SC is more fun to do than train construction, but in a skill that you can train at 250k+ exp/hr the cheaper way and 600k exp/hr the slightly more expensive way, you should not be worried about boosting exp rates.

Well either way then IMO its still not worth using the XP weekend bonus on. Plus you will either have to pay more for planks or planking them yourself.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

No, letting your servant convert logs to planks is the fastest possible experience, and is also significantly cheaper. I don't know why people don't know this.

The gp/xp rate differs by about 10gp/xp (for using planks) and 6-7 gp/xp (for using logs). Mahogany planks are over 20gp/xp but logs are about 15 gp/xp.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

No, letting your servant convert logs to planks is the fastest possible experience, and is also significantly cheaper. I don't know why people don't know this.

The gp/xp rate differs by about 10gp/xp (for using planks) and 6-7 gp/xp (for using logs). Mahogany planks are over 20gp/xp but logs are about 15 gp/xp.

That blew my mind - can servant unnote and plank logs in one step?

No, it requires two trips. But depending on which servant you use and depending how well you know the method, using the servant doesn't take any additional time at all. You can pretty much continuously make larders. I'm not sure about oak doors or mahog tables, but I don't think the delay is anywhere close to banking time.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

But building larders and doors at the same pace, larders are gonna be slower than doors.

No, it requires two trips. But depending on which servant you use and depending how well you know the method, using the servant doesn't take any additional time at all. You can pretty much continuously make larders. I'm not sure about oak doors or mahog tables, but I don't think the delay is anywhere close to banking time.

Staurolite.png

Who uses Oak anymore?

Last I checked (a week ago) teak is cheaper gp/xp and faster xp/hour.

I was making teak dining room benches (4 planks) with law, air, saw, hammer in invent and an earth staff and duelling ring (don't have a servant yet) so I could use all the planks in 1 trip.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Who uses Oak anymore?

Last I checked (a week ago) teak is cheaper gp/xp and faster xp/hour.

I was making teak dining room benches (4 planks) with law, air, saw, hammer in invent and an earth staff and duelling ring (don't have a servant yet) so I could use all the planks in 1 trip.

Teak with 4 planks isn't necessarily faster than oak with 6 planks.

sigcopyaf.png

Hmm what to do?

Summ got ubernerfed >.<

dung is bad idea - waste time doing the dungeon and not getting xp >.<

I CBf to do hunter it'll be too crowded,

rc is slow anyway but profits so why speed up something that profits? <-- make less money doin rc on 2x than normal

Mining/smithing/theiving/agiltying/crafting - I'm too lazy >.<

That leaves slayer... I'll see if I can't get some ppots and piety a few tasks for uber xp.