Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

Sure hope that it works with gilded altars since I bought 5k bones a few days ago, but oh well if it doesn't. I'll just ride the price rise and get ridiculous pyramid plunder xp

Didn't work last time. Doubt it will this time either.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so close to buying 1.1K Granite for 79 Summoning then saw "10%" and cried a little.

Then I calculated 94 Mage... going to cost 6M...

Gonna have to RuneCraft at ZMI then.

Unless anyone can suggest a cheap alternative to Maging to 94? Or at least something that'd bring in profit or a tiny loss (not more than 20-40gp per) :P

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Well that's completely ruined my day. Good job Jagex, you just made everyone's enjoyment of the game decrease significantly. I don't want huge price hikes for resources, and I don't want my achievements to be lessened so catastrophically. I was planning to get my Quest Cape on September too. dry.gif

Well, the huge spike in resources means it costs more, even if it is faster.

O.O

anybody have proof that dungeoneering will/will not give double tokens during bonus xp?

Not at the moment, but I'm sure it's a popular question, so there'll probably be a jmod post about it soon on the RSOF.

Nope, fixed xp rates like penguin points and quest rewards.

May aswell cancel my members for a month, nothing I can do since I cant buy any pots at max.. "we're going to beep over all our players making every item unbuyable for 3 weeks"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Errgh. There is a crater where the G.E used to be.

So basically their observation of player feedback means they only got 1 half of a ear. Ontop of that the 10% is still a terrible idea as it makes the double xp weekend also known as the summoning weekend! Where you save up all your charms and wait for the special time of year to train summoning! Which is a terrible outcome. I dont care about summoning anymore but even I decided to wait it out until this special day known as summoning day... Its still the most efficient time of the year to train it due to its unique nature. There are many other solutions I can think of straight off the top of my head that would include summoning on this weekend while limiting it and not making it summoning day. (Atleast most my ideas would mean there is no point saving over 100 blue charms or wtf which is easily gathered between each of these weekends.) If its just lazy programming (Asin they cant be assed to not make it summoning day) then simply dont include it.

They really should of just made it mostly the gathering skills.

Ending on a bright note.. Perhaps there be more assisters to assist people out there after.

I am dreading the next couple of weeks. It stinks pretty bad already.

need something to train over the weekend

herbs are locked up and summoning was ubernerfed >.>

Following feedback from March’s Bonus XP Weekend, the boost to Summoning XP will be limited to 10% over the course of the four days.

Failed.

This is the part which doesnt fail. They should implement a limit to most of the buyable skills (Construction and Herblore come to mind).

Summoning isn't buyable lolz.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Epic fail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well, at least GE loved me this time.

Sold DFS/claws for a nice price, which let me buy so far 11k kwuarm unf/limpwurt roots, and hoping to get 1k antifire supplies too.

I'm going to milk this as much as I can, but would still rather it didn't happen. But obviously, as is human nature, I'm not going to watch all that time/money go by..Bring on 85+ herb :)

I wonder if prices will rise at a much greater rate this time around in comparison to the last bonus xp weekend. This time summoning is a dud, so it would be safe to say that a lot of potentialy summoners will now move to herblore for their experiece. I wonder if the profit I would make from selling all the materials I acquire might make selling the items a better choice than using them..

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I wonder if prices will rise at a much greater rate this time around in comparison to the last bonus xp weekend. This time summoning is a dud, so it would be safe to say that a lot of potentialy summoners will now move to herblore for their experiece. I wonder if the profit I would make from selling all the materials I acquire might make selling the items a better choice than using them..

Believe me, I am contemplating the same thing.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Bought 20k addy bars about a week or so ago with the intent of starting on 99 smithing without sc hammers (before you ask, I hate playing sc, non combat or otherwise). Not sure if I want to put those bars towards 99 smithing, or just sell them when they peak for a nice chunk of change and just thieve for the weekend... 2.5 mill profit if I wanted to sell now, to begin with >_>

Choices, choices.

Anyway, I'm fairly neutral that there's another double xp weekend. It's nice to get that xp, but the fact that so many things become nearly unbuyable for 2 weeks previous, plus they could easily stay higher than they are now... meh. Just gotta go with the flow, I guess.

Link_Olaran.png

the more I think about it, the more I think people will try to constantly be prepared for a new weekend, with some herblore supplies sitting in the bank at all times, summon seconds always ready, etc. After a few more happen, this could actually be a nice system for future long weekends.

WarBlastoise.png

Since herbs are bought out and I've heard tokens are also doubled, I'm just planning to Dungeoneer with some friends. Bought a few 80+ skills, too.

Also, 110% seems much too low. :/ Should have been somewhere between 150%-200% (closer to 150, though). I don't see why they didn't do this with herblore either... meh.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Sucks to be summoners. XD

Well perfect timing, this'll help me level up my account a bit faster. Though, I'll need to mine the Pess myself >.<

On the up-side, I guess this means making some profit wont be too hard with resource skills for it, gives me an incentive to level them up now.

Popoto.~<3

I just blew 6.5k crims and 1.3k blues to get 96 summ, and then this happens.

Mother [bleep]ing [bleep] [cabbage] with a handtowel.

Even if I only got 10% more exp on those charms, it'd still be nice :angry:

Meh, guess I'll slay since I already have overloads, and Pray don't work.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!