Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid weekend. jagex doesn't realize that this is possibly one of the busiest weekends in the year for Americans, especially students. I'll have a huge cross country race that saturday(team dinner the night before), labor day party the next day, and a gigantic summer reading test (which equates to 1/3 of my first quarter english grade) on wensday. epic failure.

edit: i suppose if i do have time to play ill try to manage 67-70 agil, 62-70 thieve, and DIY 60-70 pray and 64-70 craft.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

That's pretty stupid for them to lower the XP bonus on just Summoning. It's a skill just like everything else in the game. I was looking forward to snagging a few levels when the XP weekend came out, too. But I'm wondering; since it's only 110% XP, will it stay at 110%? Or will it dwindle like the rest?

That's pretty stupid for them to lower the XP bonus on just Summoning. It's a skill just like everything else in the game. I was looking forward to snagging a few levels when the XP weekend came out, too. But I'm wondering; since it's only 110% XP, will it stay at 110%? Or will it dwindle like the rest?

I'm also quite curious about this.

If it's a static rate (like I'm hoping), I'll just wait for my multiplier to run down, and then use all my charms at a constant 10% increase. If it's not, training summ is effectively a giant waste of time. The latter doesn't make much sense, but knowing jagex...

If it's a static rate (like I'm hoping), I'll just wait for my multiplier to run down, and then use all my charms at a constant 10% increase. If it's not, training summ is effectively a giant waste of time. The latter doesn't make much sense, but knowing jagex...

"Following feedback from Marchs Bonus XP Weekend, the boost to Summoning XP will be limited to 10% over the course of the four days."

I'm pretty sure this means that it will be 10% the entire weekend. Although, Jagex is known for writing things in a vague manner..

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Ah damn, summoning was the only skill I was looking for. I dont really have money for herblore. Might check dungeoneering but overall I'm not that thrilled, I think the onlyone to benefit from this are the ones with money to spend on herblore or maybe some other buyables.

Sephy.png

I still fully intend to do summoning, just after the 10 hours of multiplied experience first.. probably do mining and/or agility or something. Have the charms for 88, minus the seconds, but i can get those by myself...

Many hate it, yet, will participate in it and get the most out if it.

It's like hating a television show, but watching it every week. How amusing.

An inaccurate analogy, as watching a television show in real life does not give you anything tangible. To the RS character, the weekend is a tangible chance to save huge amounts of money or time.

2496 Completionist

An inaccurate analogy, as watching a television show in real life does not give you anything tangible. To the RS character, the weekend is a tangible chance to save huge amounts of money AND time.

Fixed.

It can only lower the cost of herby in the future, I think, which is a great thing.

Seriously, these weekends are an awesome chance to do whatever skills you hate, think about as too long or too costly. Awesome. 80 something herby here I come!

WarBlastoise.png

Bad analogy. Try this:

Your government has decided that, for the next week, they will match every dollar you earn at your employment. If you would have earned $1000, they will give you an ADDITIONAL $1000 for free! That's right, Bonus Dollar Week is coming to a state near you!

You'd be a fool not to participate. That doesn't mean it's a good thing to do.

E:

It can only lower the cost of herby in the future, I think, which is a great thing.

Rather, it will increase the cost of herblore long term. Here's some evidence:

3096a_scaleimg3.gif?id=269&scale=2&axis=03096a_graphimg3.gif?id=269&scale=2

3096a_scaleimg3.gif?id=269&scale=2&axis=2

March 12 was the last bonus xp. Notice how the price increased 50% since then.

E: That is torstol

Gosh darn it! Now I can't train ANYTHING buyable at all for the next month and a half because of this stupid weekend... I guess it's to the Living Rock Caverns concentrated gold until all of this blows over... These silly weekends just ruin my gameplay honestly, why can't we just have it announced on the start date so that way it doesn't ruin most folks' gameplay for the 2 weeks leading up to it. <_<

Gosh darn it! Now I can't train ANYTHING buyable at all for the next month and a half because of this stupid weekend... I guess it's to the Living Rock Caverns concentrated gold until all of this blows over... These silly weekends just ruin my gameplay honestly, why can't we just have it announced on the start date so that way it doesn't ruin most folks' gameplay for the 2 weeks leading up to it. <_<

Because that wouldn't be totally fair, now would it? (Who remembers the Scythe/Santa drops?)

Because that wouldn't be totally fair, now would it? (Who remembers the Scythe/Santa drops?)

Why wouldn't it be fair? Everyone has the exact same notice. It's really the best way to implement this.

Hmm im sorta thinking of going for 90+ smithing only because Herb is going to be so hard to buy... Gold ore is priced pretty low and im sure it wont get bought out *fingers crossed*.....

Well I managed to buy 50k of it about half an hour ago so not yet! :P

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

If it's anything like the last bonus weekend, most things that boost your exp already (goldsmith gaunts, gilded altar, etc), will not provide bonuses. ZMI worked last weekend, however.

I'm pretty sure brawlers didn't stack last time, and it would be kind of ridiculous if they did.

I take it that 10% summoning XP will be the base level like it was last time, Ie it did not drop below 110%*xp the whole weekend. Thats still Ok an extra 500k xp for me. Use up my 2x first then straight to summoning for the rest of the weekend. Glad i kept my glitched MTK herbs too :thumbsup:

So Check health trees > Herblore > (something else here if i finish too quick) > Summoning > Agility for me.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

"Following feedback from Marchs Bonus XP Weekend, the boost to Summoning XP will be limited to 10% over the course of the four days."

I'm pretty sure this means that it will be 10% the entire weekend. Although, Jagex is known for writing things in a vague manner..

I agree with that. I think it's because players were annoyed when they had used millions on summoning to later find out they could save half the money by waiting for the XP weekend. But still, it's a rare chance to get some more xp, and they barely boost summoning with anything at all. They should really set summoning to 150% too!