Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

hi jagecs

rs to hard pls giv mor xp frm now on

kthx

[spoiler=Unspam]Sigh. Another attempt by Jagex to get a short influx of membership. When will they realize that customers who only pay 1-2 months of year are significantly less important to their business model than those who pay 12 months out of the year?

To those who will say "Just don't participate in the weekend," think of it like inflation in the real world. If someone from the government came around giving suitcases of $100 bills to everyone in America, you wouldn't deny it. You would accept it to keep up with inflation, regardless of if you support it or not.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought 2.8milxp (assuming can use 8k with an average exp boost of x2.4) worth of mahogany planks.

will make 99 a little easier if i decide to fully go for it

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I was going to get 85 herblore for extremes, but then decided since my meeles suck so bad that it was a waste. Summoning is only +10% so thats not a big deal to me, but I will still probably train it during the double xp weekend. Either way if I do train a skill it will be summoning. Most of the skills I care to train I have brawlers for. X4 xp please :l

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Alright, just goona load up all my trees again... yews/palms for one quick check run, then again doing as much herblore as I have prepared, followed by ZMI runs til exp settles. Capped off with agility once everything is all worked out, because 10% is a lot when you still have to get 2k runs as a monkey before you can worry about butterflys.

Also to consider is 1-5 of your highest dungeons, but not unless i get a team, because I am OCD and will waste the best of time clearing the whole dungeon.

That's pretty stupid for them to lower the XP bonus on just Summoning. It's a skill just like everything else in the game. I was looking forward to snagging a few levels when the XP weekend came out, too. But I'm wondering; since it's only 110% XP, will it stay at 110%? Or will it dwindle like the rest?

Summoning is unique in that the vast majority of training is spent not getting xp. Effectively it allows players to get the bonus xp before the bonus weekend. In order for its bonus to be comparable to the other skills, charm drops would have to be doubled instead of xp.

staples-easy-button-1.png

The first one (in retrospect) was a bad idea, but I couldn't blame them for trying it once.

However, I will blame them for repeating their mistake. Bad, bad idea.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I spent like 150M on Herblore and then this comes out. I'm not really bitter but this was just inconvenient luck for me :lol:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Please be f2p :pray: i really want 90+ magic

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I've been collecting herbs from MTK since the beginning of this year and have accumulated almost 40M worth of them. Not sure if I should use them to train herblore or just sell them for a nice profit a few days before the weekend.

I'll probably just be runecrafting/farming most of the weekend as I already have lots of supplies for both of those skills.

anybody have proof that dungeoneering will/will not give double tokens during bonus xp?

There's nothing besides speculation.

Following feedback from Marchs Bonus XP Weekend, the boost to Summoning XP will be limited to 10% over the course of the four days.

Failed.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Following feedback from Marchs Bonus XP Weekend, the boost to Summoning XP will be limited to 10% over the course of the four days.

Failed.

This is the part which doesnt fail. They should implement a limit to most of the buyable skills (Construction and Herblore come to mind).

Can anyone confirm/deny goldsmithing gaunts don't stack w/ xp bonus

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well that's completely ruined my day. Good job Jagex, you just made everyone's enjoyment of the game decrease significantly. I don't want huge price hikes for resources, and I don't want my achievements to be lessened so catastrophically. I was planning to get my Quest Cape on September too. dry.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Can anyone confirm/deny goldsmithing gaunts don't stack w/ xp bonus

All I can tell you is that they didn't stack last time.

O that's lame there goes 1.5M smith xp

Still bought 92 con though

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top