Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just blew 6.5k crims and 1.3k blues to get 96 summ, and then this happens.

Mother [bleep]ing [bleep] [cabbage] with a handtowel.

Even if I only got 10% more exp on those charms, it'd still be nice :angry:

Meh, guess I'll slay since I already have overloads, and Pray don't work.

You got 96, unless 10% would get you 99 (which it wouldn't), I wouldn't be too upset about it :P

should all be 10% tbh, and announced 2-3 days in advance, not 3 weeks.

If the weekend were to be announced that late then the market would be even worse.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Good thing I already got 92-99 summon on the first weekend. :thumbup:

Dunno what I'll do this weekend tbh. Just spend 30m on herblore about a week ago. Not sure if I'll even care to get higher than 91 since I already can use all exts. OVL's just don't seem worth it to me.

I just blew 6.5k crims and 1.3k blues to get 96 summ, and then this happens.

Mother [bleep]ing [bleep] [cabbage] with a handtowel.

Even if I only got 10% more exp on those charms, it'd still be nice :angry:

Meh, guess I'll slay since I already have overloads, and Pray don't work.

You got 96, unless 10% would get you 99 (which it wouldn't), I wouldn't be too upset about it :P

Would still bring me like 300k closer to 99 <_<

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

If the weekend were to be announced that late then the market would be even worse.

Not really. The problem I have with it being announced 3 weeks ahead of time is:

1) People buy items with only the intent to sell them back right before the XP weekend. This means tons of resources are being bumped up in price so that when people can actually buy them in G.E. the price will be much higher than it would normally be. Perhaps even the same gp/xp than with no bonus weekend at all. That would make the whole update pointless.

2) People hold onto all their resources saving them for weekend update. This means very few potions/food/end products will be made until then, and temporarily cuts the normal supply of these resources in half, thus raising the price when it wouldn't of normally raised at all. After the raise and the event, it all crashes.

I would be much happier if the XP weekend was turned into a D&D of sorts where the xp could be activated any 3 days over the course of say.. 6 months? This would at least stagger the event so you wouldn't have mass buyouts. It would also "stimulate" the economy over a much longer period of time rather than rising everything up 2 weeks and then crashing everything.

B.s. I need to get membership before that time then...*sigh* Good news. Gl ^

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I feel like the double xp weekend is just a gift to lower leveled players. I'm not calling anyone low level if they enjoy it (I enjoy getting bonus xp too, although I don't like the way they're doing it), but it just seems to me that it benefits low levels more than high levels.

Every bonus xp weekend they do, they will just manufacture more high levels. Whether this is a marketing ploy or just a "gift", it's terrible for the economy and really screws over a lot of people who got their levels the normal way before the weekend.

Yes, I got 89-95 summoning effortlessly during the last weekend. However, if I had the choice of reseting the few mil summoning xp I got by not having any weekends and having more, I'd choose the former.

I feel like the double xp weekend is just a gift to lower leveled players. I'm not calling anyone low level if they enjoy it (I enjoy getting bonus xp too, although I don't like the way they're doing it), but it just seems to me that it benefits low levels more than high levels.

I think high levels most benifit from this.

High levels are generally more prepared, have more money, have more resources in the bank, and have more knowledge of the game.

So, while the high level is saving literally millions by training herb/smith/summ. The low level is probably cutting trees or something equally as useless, and even if he did want to train herb, he would likely not have the money or resources to get it very high.

O.O

I had 500 obsidian charms saved up from slayer just incase they ever did another bonus week, now there not worth it anymore :thumbdown:

Kind of dumb that the only buyable skill they nerfed was summoning. Guess i'll just slay through it again like i did last time.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I use those terms more objecively this case. By high, I mean any player that hasnt "mastered" a lot of skills.

It should be announced at least a year in advance. So people can plan for it instead of having a rush on resources.

As in bonus weekend is the same weekend every year. So you can work towards it for a whole year if you feel like it. And if you don't feel like doing this, at least the GE will be functional for longer.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I think high levels most benifit from this.

High levels are generally more prepared, have more money, have more resources in the bank, and have more knowledge of the game.

So, while the high level is saving literally millions by training herb/smith/summ. The low level is probably cutting trees or something equally as useless, and even if he did want to train herb, he would likely not have the money or resources to get it very high.

I'm a 137 and I just spent 100m~ on herblore a few weeks ago. I had just bought 96 prayer, too. Luckily I've been holding onto my last few herbs, so I think I'll be fine. Sure wish I knew about this a few weeks ago, though. I'd be getting 93+ herblore for sure. <_<

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

After missing the first bonus xp weekend I had been planning to train summoning for this one for ages, saving up thousands of charms and ingredients.

Oh well, guess I'll do something else and then take advantage of the 10%.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I would be much happier if the XP weekend was turned into a D&D of sorts where the xp could be activated any 3 days over the course of say.. 6 months? This would at least stagger the event so you wouldn't have mass buyouts. It would also "stimulate" the economy over a much longer period of time rather than rising everything up 2 weeks and then crashing everything.

this would be great and better for the casual player

Gda_Scooby.png

This is so awesome if you find out before it's officialy on the runescape homepage. I Already have 1000 harralanders and hope to have thousands more herbs next couple of weeks =) I'm guessing it will be close to 200% inflation =D

Now I have to decide what to do that weekend :blink:

70 smithing for only 1.25m would be pretty nice... And maybe 60 prayer? Why the hell not! As for herbelore I think it's rather kind of useless until you get to make extremes, and I don't have 50m for 80+ herbelore...

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

Every bonus xp weekend they do, they will just manufacture more high levels. Whether this is a marketing ploy or just a "gift", it's terrible for the economy and really screws over a lot of people who got their levels the normal way before the weekend.

Yes, I got 89-95 summoning effortlessly during the last weekend. However, if I had the choice of reseting the few mil summoning xp I got by not having any weekends and having more, I'd choose the former.

I think you mean this:

I feel like the double xp weekend is just a gift to rich players. I'm not calling anyone rich if they enjoy it (I enjoy getting bonus xp too, although I don't like the way they're doing it), but it just seems to me that it benefits rich players more than the average player.

Every bonus xp weekend they do, they will just manufacture more high levels who easely get rich. Whether this is a marketing ploy or just a "gift", it's terrible for the economy and really screws over a lot of people who got their levels the normal way before the weekend.

Ares_Artemis.png

No lifing woodcutting weekend. :thumbup:

I don't get how you wc so much. And yes, I read your sig. bah

I'm loooking forward to it, I say mute the negative nancys.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge