Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Assume Nothing

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the 2x xp of ZMI stack with the bonus XP? Or gold smithing gaunts?

Oh gawd, mahogany planks and logs sold out

Maybe I'll just catch red salamanders, since I despise Hunter

I am VERY sure that hunter areas will be totally crowded during the weekend. It is allready hard to find a world with no hunters. Specially with Red sallys!

Well nuts. Summoning was my target to train for this, but since it no longer gives omgwtf xp rates for the duration, I need something else for the first 7-10 hours.

Herblore? I did 62-73 last time, and I just blew 50m+ on getting 85. I have a long term goal of getting it to 93+ for Overloads/Effigies, but I was content on letting it sit at 85 for now.

Prayer? Nope, not if it works like last time and Ecto/Guilded Altars don't boost it.

Runecrafting? Maybe, since I hate the skill with a passion and the boosted Xp would make it worthwhile. But it seems such a waste on a skill that can easily be trained for money.

Farming? That'll only be useful every few hours or so during the weekend.

Dungeoneering? I already powerleveled it to 80 for my rapier and don't really have an incentive to go further (not even frost dragons interest me). Besides, 81-85 with the new prestige would only take me a few days as it is.

So conflicted. I still plan on training Summoning after the 2x rate burns off, but I need a good option for the beginning.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Hmm I Might end up just bursting or chinning or dhing some zombie skeletons

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Does the 2x xp of ZMI stack with the bonus XP? Or gold smithing gaunts?

Oh gawd, mahogany planks and logs sold out

Maybe I'll just catch red salamanders, since I despise Hunter

I am VERY sure that hunter areas will be totally crowded during the weekend. It is allready hard to find a world with no hunters. Specially with Red sallys!

Go to Iceberg Penguins?

Offers in for herblore supplies. Good thing I had cash (though not in GP form) this time around. Last exp weekend I had used all of my charms just two days before it was announced. <_<

Now we play the waiting game.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hmm...first 15 minutes will be doing a full tree run for 2.7x xp

Then there are 3 hours between 2.5x and 1.9x... and I can make 600 mahogany tables an hour...so I'll need 10800 planks.

That's about 1.1m con xp/ hr on average :shock:

Guess I better start chopping and planking mahogany!

Then I think I will spend the rest of the time hunting sallys or heavy rod fishing, since my levels are really low in those skills.

Would like more details. They didn't give much, is it the exact same thing as last time? Is there going to be rounding errors again? Some of you guys are expecting they are using the same formula, but all they've said is theres going to be a second bonus xp period.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Wow, the 3rd to the 6th. My birthday's on the 3rd, looks like Jagex is giving me a 21st Birthday present :lol:. They already gave me an incredible 18th present 3 years ago in the form of GWD.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Jagex seems to be interested in giving merchants some money. Screwing over the economy once more.

Or are they interested in giving Skiller's more XP for their money? :-)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Another bonus experience weekend - good time to get some of the more "less desirable" skills out of the way and wrapped up. This would include for me Agility, Runecrafting, and some elements of Summoning (since I still have a lot of granite left over). I didn't take advantage of Pyramid Plunder for Thieving the last time, and I wish I had - but I may do that for a while, as well.

I'm not too sure how well Dungeoneering will work with this bonus (if it will work at all). Rushing through dungeons that give you enough experience to make it worth your while isn't quick enough, and you'll have missed out on a larger chunk of experience that day.

Then again, we don't know much else about it - yet. All we can go off of is what happened earlier in the year, and if Jagex has listened to feedback, then there'll likely be a handful of changes that either alter or change the way we'll skill.

All in all I'm looking forward to it. There will be a lot of friction about whether or not it should happen, no denying that, but I'm quite enthused about saving some cash and time while skilling. icon_thumbs.gif

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I guess Jagex is doing this to reduce the grind, which really is one of the major flaw for the game, but I really don't think this is the way to do it.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.