03-Sep-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Den

How can you reset your bonus xp timer? I realised that counter does go down in f2p too... :thumbdown:

You cant.

Then why were people talking about it?

It happens randomly. It resets only once, but it's random when it happens.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you reset your bonus xp timer? I realised that counter does go down in f2p too... :thumbdown:

You cant.

I got on about an hour ago, reset after 2 minutes for me. <_<

Oh well, having fun. 500k herb exp in 1 hour ftw and still 5k antifires left to make.

2czeqeh.jpg

You cant.

So are people still getting resets? Because I've hit 2.1 right on schedule with no resets all day.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

So are people still getting resets? Because I've hit 2.1 right on schedule with no resets all day.

I think it will be only for once. Mod Emily stated there was a glitch, and they fixed it and they made the xp timer reset once more as a solution.

I think it will be only for once. Mod Emily stated there was a glitch, and they fixed it and they made the xp timer reset once more as a solution.

Wait so they reset twice?

I would love one too.... Not least because I have the bars for 95 smithing, yet am on 2:22 methinks meaning I've got 15 mins left till 2.0X multiplier methinks.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Here is the quote again:

Hello there,

We have looked through the code and found a bug where the amount of XP awarded for dungeoneering overflowed one of our variables. This stopped the awarded XP from being awarded.

As you can guess, this was not part of the plan. So we have placed in a new fix that will ensure there is no overflow. This fix will cap the bonus for the very low floors. This isn't the best solution, but we felt it best to get the immediate problem sorted.

Because we cannot recover what XP might have been awarded we have taken the opportunity to rollout a onetime reset of the Bonus XP timer.

I am really sorry that this has taken place. You can rest assured that I feel terrible about this occurring.

Take care,

Mod Fnord

I would love a reset.

I started at 2.3, due to my nephew killing cows on my account for fun (he's like 5, I don't know how he remembered my pass)

Hmm, Account sharing..........

I did have to laugh though - I bet he didn't bury the bones either :)

the_lad_1.png

I don't understand why people [bleep] about this, its free xp play the game and have fun.

I'll explain. It lessens your achievements in the long run and makes many resources double or more in price for several weeks only for the sake of three days, at the irritation of many. If you could get level 99 in a skill in a day for free, nobody would care if you did it, would they? Why don't Jagex make all skills like that, because after all, it's free xp.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I would love a reset.

I started at 2.3, due to my nephew killing cows on my account for fun (he's like 5, I don't know how he remembered my pass)

Hmm, Account sharing..........

I did have to laugh though - I bet he didn't bury the bones either :)

Yeah, it's account sharing when he can't even read yet. :wall:

I know how, it was left on the lobby... >_>

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I don't understand why people [bleep] about this, its free xp play the game and have fun.

I'll explain. It lessens your achievements in the long run and makes many resources double or more in price for several weeks only for the sake of three days, at the irritation of many. If you could get level 99 in a skill in a day for free, nobody would care if you did it, would they? Why don't Jagex make all skills like that, because after all, it's free xp.

Are you implying that you train skills to 99 to impress others? >_>

77yLQy8.png

I'm on the final cusp of X2.0 with no reset so kinda disappointed :(

On the other hand.... with these last 2 mins to go until about 3 hours of playing since ~1 today, I have 290K or somewhere abouts there, to get for 95 smithing. Which, as soon as this weekend is over, I shall be going to SC to get the hammers for (that and 96).

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Just got done with my first tree run, and replanted all my Yews + Papayas, took me 11 minutes. If I'd thought ahead, I could have held off on replanting the Papayas, as I hit 68 after checking my last tree, and then taken an extra few minutes to make a second round and plant Palm trees instead, but alas, I'll be missing out on 54k exp (difference between 5 papayas and 5 palms, after factoring the 2.7 multiplier in). C'est la vie.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll be checking my yew trees in 6 hours, or waiting the full 16 hours (read: just staying off RS until tomorrow) to snag an extra 83k from the papayas as well. Just grabbing the yews would get me to 70, which was my main goal, and so far, the highest requirement I'll be needing in the foreseeable future (can't see myself attempting the upcoming elite diaries any time soon).. I've got plenty else I'd like to do this weekend, and an extra few minutes on 2.7 multiplier might be nice for other things. I wish I'd done my first tree run before the multiplier reset, but no point in regretting that now (plus, it would have been 3am for me out here in Alaska).

I really wish I'd had the funds to invest in herblore. If I'd broken my bank, I would have barely scratched my way into the 80's, which still falls shy of the better perks herblore has to offer. As it is, I'll just be getting crafting to 66, magic to 75, then plundering until I hit 1.1x. I'm not sure what I'll do after that, because I don't have the tertiaries to do any significant summoning training. Maybe, if I'm not burned out already, I'll spend the rest of the weekend on agility.

lizzenkov.png

Need to make sure on this, I used garden pies to boost my farming so I can plant some palm trees. If I check health on those trees without the level requirement to plant them, do I still get exp?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Are you implying that you train skills to 99 to impress others? >_>

Heh, I worded that badly, for which I apologise. To be honest, everyone does to a certain extent, but I would mostly train a skill to 99 to impress myself. The same thing applies.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Gone from 78->85 herblore just on herbs I had banked way before this weekend which is awesome, means metal dragon tasks should finally go a lot quicker.

Also got a farming, crafting and firemaking levels. Just below 2x multiplier now but still good. Thank god for the XP reset which is what allowed me to get 85 herblore, and halfway to 86 too :D

Not sure what to do for the rest of the weekend to be honest, any suggestions (look at signature for skills :P)