03-Sep-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Den

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just updated the sticky on the Recent updates to say they found ''a very large bug in the dungeoneering XP reward code for bonus xp weekend''.

I finished a f45 dungeon (shoulda got 91kxp normally, but none) so i'm waiting to hear if they have a solution or anything

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I just have to gloat...

sweetsweetbones.jpg

Glad I didn't listen to all the naysayers telling me curved & long bones weren't bonus-eligible.

FML would have done this if I knew about it..

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Hello there,

We have looked through the code and found a bug where the amount of XP awarded for dungeoneering overflowed one of our variables. This stopped the awarded XP from being awarded.

As you can guess, this was not part of the plan. So we have placed in a new fix that will ensure there is no overflow. This fix will cap the bonus for the very low floors. This isn't the best solution, but we felt it best to get the immediate problem sorted.

Because we cannot recover what XP might have been awarded we have taken the opportunity to rollout a onetime reset of the Bonus XP timer.

I am really sorry that this has taken place. You can rest assured that I feel terrible about this occurring.

Take care,

Mod Fnord

Yay :^_^:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

This is hardly fair to people that didn't log on at 12 but I guess there's nothing we can do about it and it is Jagex after all so we should've expected some cockup.

imagine :P

2 hours later they find another bug. reset again :thumbsup:

Hello there,

We have looked through the code and found a bug where the amount of XP awarded for dungeoneering overflowed one of our variables. This stopped the awarded XP from being awarded.

As you can guess, this was not part of the plan. So we have placed in a new fix that will ensure there is no overflow. This fix will cap the bonus for the very low floors. This isn't the best solution, but we felt it best to get the immediate problem sorted.

Because we cannot recover what XP might have been awarded we have taken the opportunity to rollout a onetime reset of the Bonus XP timer.

I am really sorry that this has taken place. You can rest assured that I feel terrible about this occurring.

Take care,

Mod Fnord

Yay :^_^:

FINALLY I got something worthwhile from Dung. 2.7x reset - 11 hour elevated bonus.

I take back every bad thing I ever said about BXPW. :wink:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This is hardly fair to people that didn't log on at 12 but I guess there's nothing we can do about it and it is Jagex after all so we should've expected some cockup.

God damn, I went for lunch >.> *insert large amount of expletive words here* >.>

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I think for those like me and everyone else that were able to get on early just out of circumstance (I myself got off work at 7am est) it is a fair trade off for not being able to get the same bonus xp in summoning like they did the FIRST time. If they had I'd be getting 96 sum for sure but this is ok too. Got about 100k extra herb xp so no complaints and now i get to start rcing with a nearly full multiplier.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...