03-Sep-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Den

Seems like everyone's timer will reset once at a given time.

Some friends have told me their timer just reset, even though mine did a while ago.

Den you are a god..... If this is the case then I could well get close to 95 smithing..... 200K off 94 now. Damn I don't wana see how much these plates have destroyed my cash.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bleep]ing lame.

Spend in the area of 400-500m on 96 summoning, 95 herblore and 95 prayer - now everyone can get it for 200m

This is so lame.

Because summoning wasn't nerfed after the last bonus weekend, and altars totally work with the exp multiplier.

As for herblore, tough [bleep]ing luck.

Something's definitely wrong with the Dungeoneering rewards - I still havent got any XP, but have been given over 19k tokens. I was under the impression that tokens were excluded from the 'bonus'.

That's from buying experience with toekns I think.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm even crosser that I was before now.

I was so 'beeped' off with losing the 83k (224k with multiplier) Dung Xp I decided to take the dog for a nice long walk to help me calm down!!

Now I log back in & find that Jagex have royaly screwed me - not only do I lose my Dung XP (& floor for that matter) they have reset everyones timer - I managed to claw back a massive 9 minutes, whereas other people have had well over 1 hour extra, which if you are doing herblore is a hell of a bonus (both xp gained & cash saved).

It wouldn't have taken a genius to work out that quite a few people were starting the Dung floors before 12.00 in order to maximise the xp - you only had to look at the forums this morning to work this out. This is something they could have avoided.

honestly, if you are not able to play at all between today and Monday, you are screwed even harder. Figure how I felt the first weekend? And yes, I got the best out of the reset, cause I had been making pots from 12:00 pm, so I gained a royal amount experience extra than I was counting on. I blame karma, for compensating me missing the first weekend.

Jagex should just allow for anyone to start this exp boost for 3 days, in a preiod of like 2 weeks. That way it is likely everyone can have their share of exp boost. Im guessing that is not the intention of these weekends, maybe they just want to see how many will actually use it, maybe they get higher revenues on ads during the weekend?

Whatever the reason, the reset was only necessary because somebody before the reset got things wrong... a rollback would not have been fair, as people (like me) might only be able to play now, and not during any of the rest of the weekend. A rollback would have meant I would get far less exp then I had prepared for, simply because RL won't allow me to play more. In fact, me writing this here is the last thing I can do, runescape-wise, before I leave for the weekend.

Anyways, no need to get angry, there are worse things ;)

Enjoy the exp boost weekend everyone! :thumbsup:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

[bleep]ing lame.

Spend in the area of 400-500m on 96 summoning, 95 herblore and 95 prayer - now everyone can get it for 200m

This is so lame.

500m on 96 summoning? I spent less getting 99.

I think Gremmy means that 500m was spent getting all three of those skills in total. So the cost of 96 sum + cost of 95 herb + cost of 95 pray = 400m-500m

Would really love to see you program an event like this.

if(time < 1800000){ 
exp *= 2.7 } else if(time < 3600000){
exp *= 2.55} else if(time < 5400000){
exp *= 2.4}

and so on...

Really hard bro, really hard.

So I can assume that that will work across 25 skills for every aspect of each skill.

Why not make it 2.7 permanement, or how about releasing cheats for Runescape? XP Bonus weekend is ridicolous crap. Considering the fact F2P does not get the privilige.

It's not a content update, it's only boosting. Knowing how crap experience F2P is, and how much grinding F2Pers have to do, Jagex is being [wagon]. And someone high up in Jagex said "F2P is not supposed to be a demo".

Maybe less people would auto in F2P if Jagex would stop treating F2Pers as machines...

Would really love to see you program an event like this.

if(time < 1800000){ 
exp *= 2.7 } else if(time < 3600000){
exp *= 2.55} else if(time < 5400000){
exp *= 2.4}

and so on...

Really hard bro, really hard.

So I can assume that that will work across 25 skills for every aspect of each skill.

Actually, implementing it on the whole game would be easier than restricting some aspects.

WarBlastoise.png

Depends how Jagex has the server set up.

A big thing to remember though is this is the second XP weekend, so they already did all the coding 6? months back.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

(the banner) I noticed that but didnt really understand it. =p

The reset on xp hasnt happened to me. I was too busy viewing another place to live to be able to log on at that time aswell as making various phone calls. Logged in about 3 hours after began I guess and been logged in 1h:5m without a reset on the xp amount.

I doubt at this point I will get a reset on it but I will say if I do.

Why not make it 2.7 permanement, or how about releasing cheats for Runescape? XP Bonus weekend is ridicolous crap. Considering the fact F2P does not get the privilige.

It's not a content update, it's only boosting. Knowing how crap experience F2P is, and how much grinding F2Pers have to do, Jagex is being [wagon]. And someone high up in Jagex said "F2P is not supposed to be a demo".

Maybe less people would auto in F2P if Jagex would stop treating F2Pers as machines...

That wouldnt get them more memberships though. :P

F2P isn't a demo, but that doesn't mean Jagex can't give perks to P2Pers, or try to entice people into signing up for P2P.

I personally have Retired from playing RS, but when I found out that a date had actually been set up for Bonus XP week, and that it was going to be P2P, you know what I did? I renewed my membership. :thumbup:

Also, no one should be under the impression that Jagex is only allowed to do updates if they bring new content into the game.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Knowing how much work creating a game is, and how much the server costs are, F2Pers are being [wagon] for not paying AND complaining. And someone high up in Modern Economics said "They're a company, not a charity"(Actually, they never did to my knowledge, but whatever).

What a crap.

Fixed.

WarBlastoise.png

Lol wut. 1.5m xp and no randoms to be seen :o

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.