03-Sep-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Den

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous - pushing those who have a life I tell you. Resetting the timer... I know it's only a minor thing, in the scope of everything, but I'm still annoyed. I was out shopping and having a life <_<

I keep reading about reseting the timer. What happened? :blink: I haven't logged in yet today.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Lol wut. 1.5m xp and no randoms to be seen :o

Castle Wars Lobby <3:

Really? :shock:

Enjoy the lag. :thumbup:

I was playing for several hours in Draynor and I only got random'd three times. :3

CW isn't laggy at all, it's not much more busy than regular.

Ridiculous - pushing those who have a life I tell you. Resetting the timer... I know it's only a minor thing, in the scope of everything, but I'm still annoyed. I was out shopping and having a life <_<

I keep reading about reseting the timer. What happened? :blink: I haven't logged in yet today.

Basicaly, your timer resets at a given time. Some people got it after hours, I got it after 12 minutes, others after 5. <_<

WarBlastoise.png

Why not make it 2.7 permanement, or how about releasing cheats for Runescape? XP Bonus weekend is ridicolous crap. Considering the fact F2P does not get the privilige.

It's not a content update, it's only boosting. Knowing how crap experience F2P is, and how much grinding F2Pers have to do, Jagex is being [wagon]. And someone high up in Jagex said "F2P is not supposed to be a demo".

Maybe less people would auto in F2P if Jagex would stop treating F2Pers as machines...

F2P isn't a demo, but that doesn't mean Jagex can't give perks to P2Pers, or try to entice people into signing up for P2P.

I personally have Retired from playing RS, but when I found out that a date had actually been set up for Bonus XP week, and that it was going to be P2P, you know what I did? I renewed my membership. :thumbup:

Also, no one should be under the impression that Jagex is only allowed to do updates if they bring new content into the game.

It's all just experience. F2Pers should have Bonus weekend xp benefits too. And yes, Jagex is not giving F2Pers bonus xp because of them trying to make them sign up for members. It's all about the money...

"F2Pers don't pay so why should they get bonus xp". But knowing how Jagex brags about amount of players in Runescape (probably most are F2Pers), the least they could do is be fair and let F2P have the privilege.

Yes, it's their game. And i can't do anything about it other than express what i think of it. But i can conlude though that Jagex is being [wagon] towards F2Pers because of this.

Basicaly, your timer resets at a given time. Some people got it after hours, I got it after 12 minutes, others after 5. <_<

That's really weird. And it happened because of the dungeoneering bug? GG Mod Fnord, you tried and failed a SECOND time. If this isn't a wakeup call for Jagex to stop these ridiculous events, I don't know what is.

I'm gonna be pissed off if my multiplier doesn't reset at exactly one hour.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Why not make it 2.7 permanement, or how about releasing cheats for Runescape? XP Bonus weekend is ridicolous crap. Considering the fact F2P does not get the privilige.

It's not a content update, it's only boosting. Knowing how crap experience F2P is, and how much grinding F2Pers have to do, Jagex is being [wagon]. And someone high up in Jagex said "F2P is not supposed to be a demo".

Maybe less people would auto in F2P if Jagex would stop treating F2Pers as machines...

F2P isn't a demo, but that doesn't mean Jagex can't give perks to P2Pers, or try to entice people into signing up for P2P.

I personally have Retired from playing RS, but when I found out that a date had actually been set up for Bonus XP week, and that it was going to be P2P, you know what I did? I renewed my membership. :thumbup:

Also, no one should be under the impression that Jagex is only allowed to do updates if they bring new content into the game.

It's all just experience. F2Pers should have Bonus weekend xp benefits too. And yes, Jagex is not giving F2Pers bonus xp because of them trying to make them sign up for members. It's all about the money...

"F2Pers don't pay so why should they get bonus xp". But knowing how Jagex brags about amount of players in Runescape (probably most are F2Pers), the least they could do is be fair and let F2P have the privilege.

Yes, it's their game. And i can't do anything about it other than express what i think of it. But i can conlude though that Jagex is being [wagon] towards F2Pers because of this.

However, you forget the fact that Jagex has no obligation whatsoever to their F2P players.

Oh, and most aspects of life are money-oriented. Especially businesses.

Whatever they say, the purpose of F2P is to get you into buying membership. That's the only reason it's there. Call me crazy, but that's kind of the purpose of a demo.

You want what members get? Pay.

WarBlastoise.png

Castle Wars Lobby <3:

Enjoy the lag. :thumbup:

I was playing for several hours in Draynor and I only got random'd three times. :3

No lag whatsoever. :P The occasional server lag, but I would get that anywhere on the server.

Gone from 95->98 herblore and not had nor seen a single random event.

Castle Wars Lobby <3:

Yes. And what more, I am in my house training construction.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

No it reset at the same time for everyone, just people had been on for different lengths of time when it occurred.

There was a glitch with dungeon bonus xp where you'd get over 2.147B xp so the game couldn't process it so you just got 0. To compensate for this they reset the timer back to 2.7 ~a hour and a half after the bonus xp started.

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

However, you forget the fact that Jagex has no obligation whatsoever to their F2P players.

Oh, and most aspects of life are money-oriented. Especially businesses.

Whatever they say, the purpose of F2P is to get you into buying membership. That's the only reason it's there. Call me crazy, but that's kind of the purpose of a demo.

You want what members get? Pay.

Yes, i know they don't have any obligation to F2P players. And don't tell me to get members if i want P2P stuff, because i am just discussing this. So there is NO NEED for you to tell me to get P2P.

But i guess my mindset as a person is a different but nice one. Though i understand business is about the money, I'd like to think you can do both. To me Jagex or people who act like Jagex would do in this case is as ruthless as dictators. Dictators suppress their people, and only care about their own personal gain. It leads eventually to the people trying to fight the dictators.

However, if the dictators were kind to their people ((democracy), they would have people who respected them and would be more faithful towards them and speaking well about the person. It leads to good things (Don't it?). Though Jagex is very different from dictators, in being fair to F2Pers (their players/customers/people) in this case they have failed and are like how a dictator thinks

Don't make a big fuss of me comparing dictators and Jagex, it's just a illustration.

F2Pers should also get full dungeoneering experience after they reach 90 combat but they don't. There are so many other things wrong with F2P that should be fixed before they dump on us with this.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yes, i know they don't have any obligation to F2P players. And don't tell me to get members if i want P2P stuff, because i am just discussing this. So there is NO NEED for you to tell me to get P2P.

But i guess my mindset as a person is a different but nice one. Though i understand business is about the money, I'd like to think you can do both. To me Jagex or people who act like Jagex would do in this case is as ruthless as dictators. Dictators suppress their people, and only care about their own personal gain. It leads eventually to the people trying to fight the dictators.

However, if the dictators were kind to their people ((democracy), they would have people who respected them and would be more faithful towards them and speaking well about the person. It leads to good things (Don't it?). Though Jagex is very different from dictators, in being fair to F2Pers (their players/customers/people), they have failed.

I really would just like to say that I didn't intend to start a F2P vs. P2P debate.

SirHemen, I agree with almost all of your points. I was F2P for years and years so I definitely know what it's like to watch update after update after update be for P2P only. I strongly agree that there needs to be more updates for F2Pers as well. If Jagex is concerned about continuing to gain more and more members, they need to remember that the greater majority of first-time players start as F2Pers, and that if their initial experience with the game leaves them feeling neglected, they aren't very likely to want to pay for P2P.

On the same note, I think it is important to remember that the issue of "obligation" isn't strictly limited to F2P. Jagex isn't obligated to give ANYONE anything, and P2Pers shouldn't forget that this includes them. I am paying for my experience now; I have access to Farming and Herblore and Slayer and every other P2P-only aspect of the game; my monthly fee is going towards the present content, and not towards some update several months into the future.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Got around 7m(6.95m) herblore xp in ~5 hours 10 minutes of gameplay, due to the modifier restart i won approximately a million extra xp, more than 4m of that 7m xp was bonus. I'm baffled by the fact that long/curved bones work, would have got 50m+ const if i had known that.

Finished with herblore for now, got a nice rank too, but i'm likely to fall a couple of places in the next 2 days, got more than 5 hours of slayer to do before the modifier hits 1.1, at which point i have 6m summoning xp to gain.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

[bleep]ing lame.

Spend in the area of 400-500m on 96 summoning, 95 herblore and 95 prayer - now everyone can get it for 200m

This is so lame.

500m on 96 summoning? I spent less getting 99.

All 3.

[bleep]ing lame.

Spend in the area of 400-500m on 96 summoning, 95 herblore and 95 prayer - now everyone can get it for 200m

This is so lame.

Because summoning wasn't nerfed after the last bonus weekend, and altars totally work with the exp multiplier.

As for herblore, tough [bleep]ing luck.

This was more of a rant against exp weeks in general - therefore including the previous week.

Still a lame idea.

Edit: O mai, 1000 posts. :thumbup:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

However, if the dictators were kind to their people ((democracy), they would have people who respected them and would be more faithful towards them and speaking well about the person. It leads to good things (Don't it?). Though Jagex is very different from dictators, in being fair to F2Pers (their players/customers/people), they have failed.

I really would just like to say that I didn't intend to start a F2P vs. P2P debate.

SirHemen, I agree with almost all of your points. I was F2P for years and years so I definitely know what it's like to watch update after update after update be for P2P only. I strongly agree that there needs to be more updates for F2Pers as well. If Jagex is concerned about continuing to gain more and more members, they need to remember that the greater majority of first-time players start as F2Pers, and that if their initial experience with the game leaves them feeling neglected, they aren't very likely to want to pay for P2P.

On the same note, I think it is important to remember that the issue of "obligation" isn't strictly limited to F2P. Jagex isn't obligated to give ANYONE anything, and P2Pers shouldn't forget that this includes them. I am paying for my experience now; I have access to Farming and Herblore and Slayer and every other P2P-only aspect of the game; my monthly fee is going towards the present content, and not towards some update several months into the future.

Same experience boost, is not a huge deal. If it was new content, then i would understand. But experience boost...they should give F2P too next time. They should...

How can you reset your bonus xp timer? I realised that counter does go down in f2p too... :thumbdown:

You cant.

Then why were people talking about it?

Because it happened this morning. Noone chose to do it.

can you seriously imagine being able to restart the weekend? Would be too awesome to be true. And too much nolifing.

WarBlastoise.png