Jagex's new bot punishment: Level resetting

The_Gabe

I've seen videos on youtube by a guy that investigated botting (can't remember his name) by going into botter forums and such and people there get banned for 3 days, or 2 weeks, but not permanently (WHEN they actually get banned, which doesn't happen that often).

Seriously Jagex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-pX9ZXaBU

This one?

Thank you, kind sir.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend that got a level reset, but he didn't care because he "has 100M banked".

That's one of the flaws in the new system IMO.

If people have earned a couple millions through botting (which is a common reason why people bot) they might not/probably won't care, because they've already got enough coins to buy [insert item or skill goal here]. If Jagex are going to revert people's skills, they might as well remove all the money earned through botting.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I dont believe in people shoving their morals down other peoples throats, sorry.

You unfollowed the poster on youtube, and said your opinion do you need to say anymore?

I expressed what I thought and was told to ignore people that break the rules. I expressed how I felt about that as well.

If I wanted to shove any moral down anyone's throat, I would naturally have continued by saying why I don't support anarcism and why others should think the same.

All I did was point out my view, it wasn't meant as an attack on anything and I'm sorry if it offended you in any way.

The only thing I hate about bots is this:

"Lol, you don't bot, you don't have a life, you fat nerd! I have a life so I botted."

So leveling the skills and improving your character in this game by yourself is no-lifing when that is the whole point of this game.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Nah, the issue is that they must have been sufficiently bored enough in the first place to start playing RuneScape. Therefore any claim that their lives are any more eventful than ours are just silly and blatantly ironic.

The fact is, they're lazy and would rather be playing CoD.

If they want to compete and not train skills, there's always the Burthorpe Games room. I've had a good few games of draughts there, don't knock it. And not a PKer in sight. \:D/

I dont believe in people shoving their morals down other peoples throats, sorry.

You unfollowed the poster on youtube, and said your opinion do you need to say anymore?

I expressed what I thought and was told to ignore people that break the rules. I expressed how I felt about that as well.

If I wanted to shove any moral down anyone's throat, I would naturally have continued by saying why I don't support anarcism and why others should think the same.

All I did was point out my view, it wasn't meant as an attack on anything and I'm sorry if it offended you in any way.

God damn I realize you probably do not know what you are talking about, but at least spell it right. Anarchism.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

God damn I realize you probably do not know what you are talking about, but at least spell it right. Anarchism.

He missed 1 letter.. Chill..

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Saw a level 4 walking by in world 2 with a fire cape...This example just breeds more rule breaking so more people could be

like that level 4.

They should of at least thought about making the firecape have requirements or better yet, never have implemented

the level resetting.

brb making account to get fire cape on then botting my ass off till i get caught

lvl 3 with fire cape plz

Good luck with that.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So the poster above me is encouraging botting? Wow.

Botting is only bad cuz jagex says so, nothing morally wrong with doing it loll.

This. And considering how grindy this entire game is, I wouldn't mind at all weather botting was allowed or not.

i don't bot because i like playing this game and gain no utility from having an enormous epeen due to newbs fawning over my 1337 botted account. i'd rather just play the game because that's the part of this game i actually like.

on the other hand i don't care if anyone else bots, nor do i think there's any moral issue.

Well I made an account like 2 weeks ago but forgot it & why would I be mad I have 2475 total with 1.6b bank and I didn't need to cheat. & aren't you the one who lost his main? Lol.

Ahem.

"Joined: 14 minutes ago"

Kinda throws your claims of 1.6b into doubt, don't it?

i don't bot because i like playing this game and gain no utility from having an enormous epeen due to newbs fawning over my 1337 botted account. i'd rather just play the game because that's the part of this game i actually like.

on the other hand i don't care if anyone else bots, nor do i think there's any moral issue.

Pretty much feel the same way.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Gl getting a maxed 1 def/pray pure. Spend a few months in sw or a few years at crabs. Have fun and enjoy. This account was suicided, no more then a few months old.

Dude...getting any maxed pure that isn't summoning and def is so easy now. Botted or not, those stats are not impressive. Honestly...no type of pure is impressive anymore except for summoning tanks, and even those are getting very old now.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Yes, well as much as I enjoy certain parts of the game, like slayer, I absolutely despise others, like fishing and woodcutting. BORING. The utility from getting those up to 90 each isn't the epeen - it's to be able to harvest morays and promethium in dungeoneering.

If I could bot those skills, I would. But ofc I won't because it's against the rules.

Gl getting a maxed 1 def/pray pure. Spend a few months in sw or a few years at crabs. Have fun and enjoy. This account was suicided, no more then a few months old.

Dude...getting any maxed pure that isn't summoning and def is so easy now. Botted or not, those stats are not impressive. Honestly...no type of pure is impressive anymore except for summoning tanks, and even those are getting very old now.

It's not easy, unless you consider throwing hundreds of hours at this game a small feat, then so be it. And pures like these are not impressive anymore because 99% of them are botted and hence quite common.

Yes, well as much as I enjoy certain parts of the game, like slayer, I absolutely despise others, like fishing and woodcutting. BORING. The utility from getting those up to 90 each isn't the epeen - it's to be able to harvest morays and promethium in dungeoneering.

If I could bot those skills, I would. But ofc I won't because it's against the rules.

heh yeah good point

if it were legal... who knows, maybe i would have botted 90 fishing

Not everyone, but that's the reality for the vast majority. And I never said I was cool, you did. But who am I to disagree?

Source?

I'll provide you with a source if you first provide me with evidence to the contrary.