The Rollback Cover-up

pal2002

Now that they are making plenty of cash from botters can we have free trade back ?

Please?

No..

Just no... While I agree for some users to have needed a certain lesson in trading with others (get scammed once and you'll never get scammed again), reinstating free trade without the limits we have now would be utterly destructive...

Do I support free trade? Only to some extend, cuz each and every one of us understands that true free trade would encourage botting and allow scamming to happen, worsening the botting problems we hav already...

The bot problem we have now is one where people buy a program, or hire a company/person, in order to create wealth and/or levels on that account that he or she cannot be @r$ed to do themselves... In my opinion; people that want the levels in order to play ALL of the game (with all of the required levels), should work hard enough to be able to access these things... The ones that did work hard enough deserve this privilege...

The ones that do not, and want a quick way around it; do not deserve to be able to play this game...

It is the equivalent of robbing a bank in order to afford a Ferrari; You know the bank's cash is insured, but still; everyone knows that that Ferrari is ill-gotten... Throw that person in jail for a long enough period for them to learn their lesson...

AKA: not only reset levels, but also reset fiduciary assets, and suspend this account for several months/half a year... Long enough for them to realise that it is completely stupid to spend time botting on an account, but not long enough to give up on the account altogether...

THAT, mr JAGEX, is your challenge to balance the honest player v the botter...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get people who bot purposely after getting barrows gloves etc through quests now though to get defence reset to 1.

Then the obvious solution is to reset strength to 1.

No its not.

Even if i was a maxed zerker pure. I would willingly reset my strength to one just to have 1 defence with b gloves and turmoil.

I think they meant Jagex should reset their strength to 1, but not the defence. This would then ruin their plan of having high strength, b gloves and low defence, since the defence would still be what was required for the gloves.

You get people who bot purposely after getting barrows gloves etc through quests now though to get defence reset to 1.

Then the obvious solution is to reset strength to 1.

No its not.

Even if i was a maxed zerker pure. I would willingly reset my strength to one just to have 1 defence with b gloves and turmoil.

I think they meant Jagex should reset their strength to 1, but not the defence. This would then ruin their plan of having high strength, b gloves and low defence, since the defence would still be what was required for the gloves.

Do any of oyu honestly believe this would discourage botters? See my previous reply for this tread plz...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Do any of oyu honestly believe this would discourage botters? See my previous reply for this tread plz...

Even businesses need to be aware of customer desires, democracy or not.

If bot after bot is made ... faster than customers apply (and stay subscribed) ... even if Jagex makes 90% of its profits off of botters ... Would you still believe it matters what WE think?

I stand by my statement on the last page...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

If Jagex truly is doing this for the money then this is a travesty. I wouldn't put them to it, I do think they would lynch and pinch every penny they could get their hands on.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Jagex went from being hardasses that brought down shame on to cheaters by naming them and shaming to now reducing the stats so they get more money from them...Lol rather spineless and pathetic.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

If bot after bot is made ... faster than customers apply (and stay subscribed) ... even if Jagex makes 90% of its profits off of botters ... Would you still believe it matters what WE think?

You can stand by it all you want, at the end of the day you're still wrong. Players make up the majority and of the long term subscribers, clan users sit at the core of those people. We are nowhere near having bots as a paying majority, let alone a f2p majority.

hzvjpwS.gif

You can stand by it all you want, at the end of the day you're still wrong. Players make up the majority and of the long term subscribers, clan users sit at the core of those people.

And you know this how?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

All in all, stat resets are a huge deterrent to anyone that wants to bot in RS.

Which is why people have all stopped botting...right? It has nothing to do with a 'hating jagex' bias. Believe it or not, you can disagree with a company's decision without being on the leftist bandwagon :rollseyes:

There will be those that continue botting, there's no doubt in my mind about that. What I'm saying is that this will deter the players that don't want to risk their high levelled accounts.

Lol really?

You mean people would rather have Jagex ban their account then lower some of their stats?

a) If you bot and get caught you use to get banned which meant you lost all your levels, items, rares etc

b) If you bot now and get caught you only lose some stats and (maybe) some items, while keeping most of the items/money/rare you already had.

Which of the two above would deter you from botting the most? Where you lose a) EVERYTHING or b) only somethings.

If anything more people are going to do it because you can still keep your account and most of your items/money/rares.

howlin1eeveesig.png

And you know this how?

Can you prove her wrong?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

You can stand by it all you want, at the end of the day you're still wrong. Players make up the majority and of the long term subscribers, clan users sit at the core of those people.

And you know this how?

LOL indeed at this... I for one DO know how much of a cheating bunch MOST (most, not all) clans are... I will direct you to: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=473 AND the thread including ALL comments that followed it (mainly the ones in which I was questioned on how I reached my the conclusions based on my data, as well as to how I got my data)...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Disgusting. I had thought Jagex cared about their game, and tried to reduce botting because of it. I guess they don't, and bot money is still money. Maybe I'll try a different game.

Don't see why people mind botting so much TBH. Ok, maybe I can see hating on green drag botters, but people who bot WC or we/e, so what? Like 500k people have 99 wc already, so its not like it devalues your "achievement". I don't bot, but I wouldn't care if my friends did.

Das, that was really an interesting thing to ask. Simple, I don't have to prove their statement right or wrong. Burden of proof is on them, not me.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOL indeed at this... I for one DO know how much of a cheating bunch MOST (most, not all) clans are

That's a bold (and empty) statement.

... I will direct you to: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=473 AND the thread including ALL comments that followed it (mainly the ones in which I was questioned on how I reached my the conclusions based on my data, as well as to how I got my data)...

This has to do with the topic at hand...how?

hzvjpwS.gif

Disgusting. I had thought Jagex cared about their game, and tried to reduce botting because of it. I guess they don't, and bot money is still money. Maybe I'll try a different game.

Don't see why people mind botting so much TBH. Ok, maybe I can see hating on green drag botters, but people who bot WC or we/e, so what? Like 500k people have 99 wc already, so its not like it devalues your "achievement". I don't bot, but I wouldn't care if my friends did.

It still does devalue your achievement, regardless of how many people have level 99. It also does have a big impact on the economy if there are enough bots.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

It still does devalue your achievement, regardless of how many people have level 99. It also does have a big impact on the economy if there are enough bots.

I referenced skills such as WCing ivy, etc, which have a zero impact, pretty much.

Like I said, any skill worth caring about rank is one which can't be botted already, so I don't care who bots. I really don't care if I'm 50k in cooking or 500k.

This is my personal opinion. Botting doesn't hurt me, or help me, so I just don't care about it.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I referenced skills such as WCing ivy, etc, which have a zero impact, pretty much.

Like I said, any skill worth caring about rank is one which can't be botted already, so I don't care who bots. I really don't care if I'm 50k in cooking or 500k.

This is my personal opinion. Botting doesn't hurt me, or help me, so I just don't care about it.

It's not about your achievement being devalued because of your rank. It's the idea that you achieved a 99 and put many hours/weeks/months/years (depending on the skill, etc.) into getting there and yet someone got there by doing absolutely nothing. Regardless of rank, how many people have 99, or anything else, it's still a slap in the face.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Maybe to some people. But like I said, for me personally, I don't care if someone botted. I didn't grind any of my 99's just to have a 99.

Stonewall337.png

Kimberly; if a bold and empty statement, yanked out of context, is still enough to prove yours entirely wrong with the evidence provided... You're considered a troll and are therefor not worthy of my retorts...

Now; for the rest of the arguements in this thread, I can attempt to argue why certain types of cheating is bad (botting in this case)... I've done so in the past, but obviously it didn't get through to some people...

Botting is bad because people are supposed to interact in this game with other people, not with Red-Chinchompa-factories...

I will accept that some of you do not think botting is a bad thing, even through you do not symapthise with botters... Afterall, it does, in fact, lower your chinchompa price doesn't it? But some of us that DO care about botters ruining our part of the game (skilling would make SO much profit if it weren't for botters, aka the diversity RuneScape is built on is not as it should be) do not need a constant reminding that botters are and always will be around...

We know...

And like us fighting and argueing against botters, Wikileaks will continue to leak documents even though it may or may not have been the wisest thing to do...

Accept the fact that the people that would like to play the game as it once was meant to be will always be around... Just as bots will be in one form or another...

The difference between those two is that we can make it a helluva lot harder on one group, without destroying the game altogether...

But in all honesty, stonewall, if you believe this...

any skill worth caring about rank is one which can't be botted already

...is true... How would you feel about your hard earned 99 ranks that were suddenly bot-able? Technology does not stand still, and eventually every aspect we currently know of RS will be bot-able...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Kimberly; if a bold and empty statement, yanked out of context, is still enough to prove yours entirely wrong with the evidence provided... You're considered a troll and are therefor not worthy of my retorts...

That wasn't yanked out of context. That pretty much was all of it. Oh, I did cut out the "LOL AT THIS" which was completely irrelevant--yeah, real context changer. But thanks for the insult. (Not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll, by the way.)

Botting is bad because people are supposed to interact in this game with other people, not with Red-Chinchompa-factories...

They don't have to. That is why RS is a unique mmorpg. They can immerse themselves as much as they want, and they're certainly not wrong for doing so.

And like us fighting and argueing against botters, Wikileaks will continue to leak documents even though it may or may not have been the wisest thing to do...

Accept the fact that the people that would like to play the game as it once was meant to be will always be around... Just as bots will be in one form or another...

The difference between those two is that we can make it a helluva lot harder on one group, without destroying the game altogether...

We agree on this at least.

hzvjpwS.gif

Now; for the rest of the arguements in this thread, I can attempt to argue why certain types of cheating is bad (botting in this case)... I've done so in the past, but obviously it didn't get through to some people...

I will accept that some of you do not think botting is a bad thing, even through you do not symapthise with botters... Afterall, it does, in fact, lower your chinchompa price doesn't it? But some of us that DO care about botters ruining our part of the game (skilling would make SO much profit if it weren't for botters, aka the diversity RuneScape is built on is not as it should be) do not need a constant reminding that botters are and always will be around...

We know...

But in all honesty, stonewall, if you believe this...

any skill worth caring about rank is one which can't be botted already

...is true... How would you feel about your hard earned 99 ranks that were suddenly bot-able? Technology does not stand still, and eventually every aspect we currently know of RS will be bot-able...

Wouldn't care. I don't play for others. If 20k people botted 120 DG tommorow, I would still get it.

Stonewall337.png

I'm just amazed that bots in Runescape are still so primitive. I expected Jad-hunting and Corp-hunting bots by now. o.O

I can just imagine how much money the kid who makes a Jad-hunting bot will make.

Actually we may not... I believe we SHOULD shame those automatons... Throw them in the pillory... Publicize their emails, IP's, creditcard data and what not... Let the mob deal with it the way we would have dealt with bug abusers like Durial if we had the chance... I agree with Das... Jagex has put money over balls, but I fear that this is true pretty much evrywhere in the world...

But letting the mob go after cheaters is the ONLY way to satisfy the anti-cheater feelings of the honest RS player's anger when yet another person has been find out to have cut corners on their way to the top...

And until Jagex realises this (or the US govt if we're taking the wikileaks example) AND acts on it (like they used to), people will continue to express their anger into increasingly destructive forms wherever they can...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!