The Rollback Cover-up

pal2002

You pretty much summed it up for me, Das...

I honestly do not care if I am seen as weak or as rotten as RoT... For me the joy I get out of my clan outweighs that...

But yeah, this "weakness" comes from apathy... I used to stand for honesty and fair play, and I personally still do... But as a clanleader, if you enforce the rules for your clan as strict as we once knew Jagex to do it, then you're going to end up alone since nobody is goign to stand with you anymore... And I in turn partly blame Jagex for this as they seem (note: seem) to care less and less about cheating happening, and this fuels the culture that that very cheating is no longer frowned upon and most of the time not even punished properly... It's been a slow process and that is probably why so many of us have let it happen...

But I've not turned a blind eye to cheating, not at all... If I find you cheating in my clan (in whatever form) and we have the option to report you (*), we will... But as I said; There is no 100% proof of someone cheating without seeing them banned... Everything can be faked these days... So do I have to take steps, where Jagex themselves arent even sure cheating did truly happen and therefor took no steps themselves? I don't think so...

(*)You cannot always report someone... Trying to report someone for account sharing for example, can only be done if you have talked or traded with them in RuneScape itself... So this person can shout in my teamspeak, or post a giant picture showing he is in fact on someone elses RS account on these forums, in my IRC channel and even outside of Jagex HQ... I still have no option to report him...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few interesting pictures

One day i decided to catch some ess botters cause i was bored, and look what i caught! After a while he prob came back to his computer, cause he starting raging and protesting to me and my friend that he wasnt botting....... for like 15 minutes.

bluephatbot1.png

On the 1000+ and 1500+ worlds, there always a few lvl 100+ botters around

hilvlbots1.png

And this is how many ess botters i found in just under 4 minutes....

botnames1.png

But the worst, is when you see lvl 130+s botting. The guy on the left i caught twice in 2 days. He has all those 99s and such, and i reported him, and yet he is still on the hiscores. When i compared his stats the next day, only 2 of this stats changed, mining and prayer. I guess he was botting ess to get money for 99 prayer. Kinda sad when you see this, takes meaning out of this game.

botters1.png

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

One day i decided to catch some ess botters cause i was bored, and look what i caught! After a while he prob came back to his computer, cause he starting raging and protesting to me and my friend that he wasnt botting....... for like 15 minutes.

bluephatbot1.png

hilvlbots1.png

botnames1.png

But the worst, is when you see lvl 130+s botting. The guy on the left i caught twice in 2 days. He has all those 99s and such, and i reported him, and yet he is still on the hiscores. When i compared his stats the next day, only 2 of this stats changed, mining and prayer. I guess he was botting ess to get money for 99 prayer. Kinda sad when you see this, takes meaning out of this game.

botters1.png

You really have nothing better to do with your time? And lawdy, heaven forbid the blue phat guy went to the wr or to grab something to eat for 15 min. Yep he must be a bot. Grow up kiddo :thumbup:

You get people who bot purposely after getting barrows gloves etc through quests now though to get defence reset to 1.

Then the obvious solution is to reset strength to 1.

No its not.

Even if i was a maxed zerker pure. I would willingly reset my strength to one just to have 1 defence with b gloves and turmoil.

I think they meant Jagex should reset their strength to 1, but not the defence. This would then ruin their plan of having high strength, b gloves and low defence, since the defence would still be what was required for the gloves.

And if i was a range tank?

Theres simply too many differing account builds and jagex doesnt know enough about there game to find out what stat to reset, unless they just go all out and reset everything which again, would sometimes not even be a punishment.

O.O

Actually we may not... I believe we SHOULD shame those automatons... Throw them in the pillory... Publicize their emails, IP's, creditcard data and what not... Let the mob deal with it the way we would have dealt with bug abusers like Durial if we had the chance... I agree with Das... Jagex has put money over balls, but I fear that this is true pretty much evrywhere in the world...

Litil extreme much?

If they were falsely accused, and then jagex released private information which caused his computer to be virused up, his parents credit card stolen with thousands of dollars out of pocket, harrassment, etc, im pretty sure thats illegal.

O.O

anonymouse, he was botting, the way i trap the bots, i control when they tele and when they can move. And when i let them go, he teled, along with the other 7 bots that were there. So get off your high chair.

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

Meh. Yeah, i knew this all along. As it's only happening to people that are botting/have botted.

There's a youtuber(Won't mention the name) that created a range tank, and botted 90% of his stats over the course of 3 - 4 months. And all he really got was a slap on the wrist. He got his 99 mage reset down to 5, 99 range down to 91, and 99 hunting to 98. Only 100k exp from 99. Which he botted the entire skill up from level 1, i believe. And he got it back up to 99, and now has both a trimmed and untrimmed hunting cape.

Tbh, this is devaluing the work it takes to make an awesome tank/pure. As most people don't bot on their main, but on a second account. And since they didn't put any work into it, they could care less if it's stats get reset.

If Jamflex absolutely NEEDS to do this, they should at least wipe EVERY LAST STAT to level 1. Same thing for quests, reset all of them. And on top of that, their bank should be wiped of any quest items, and 99 capes/other achievement items.

But, you know. It should just be perm bans as it was in the first place.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

bluephatbot1.png

hilvlbots1.png

botnames1.png

botters1.png

You really have nothing better to do with your time? And lawdy, heaven forbid the blue phat guy went to the wr or to grab something to eat for 15 min. Yep he must be a bot. Grow up kiddo :thumbup:

When you are afk for 15 min, you logout after 5 min. :thumbup:

TS Stormrage is only being realistic imo, no need to be holier than the Pope.

We need to have an opt. out day where we get all the members of fansites to unsubscribe from membership then explain that we dont like playing with botters, they dont respond or join in on all the group activities.... :unsure:

We need to have an opt. out day where we get all the members of fansites to unsubscribe from membership then explain that we dont like playing with botters, they dont respond or join in on all the group activities.... :unsure:

This is why i dont understand when people say" they can bot all they want, it doesnt effect me" If you play team activities, the bots on the pc boat arent going to play according to how the game is going along, they just do what they are programmed for and that results in a loss.

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

If there's enough of you at PC, get all the legit players to go on the intermediate boat. Three points every game is better than four points on the off-chance bots don't ruin a veteran game. Plus it screws the bots over since they basically depend on living humans to attack the south portals.

You'll get some idiots saying the only reason people are failing the veteran level boat is because you're somehow not trying hard enough. Ignore them, they're not the kind of people you'd want to back you up in PC anyway.The sensible people will go for it until the boat becomes too watered down by low levels that it's no longer tenible.

I've even been in situations at PC where the novice boat gives more pts/hr than the veteran boat because the latter has been ruined that much by botting.

This is why i dont understand when people say" they can bot all they want, it doesnt effect me" If you play team activities, the bots on the pc boat arent going to play according to how the game is going along, they just do what they are programmed for and that results in a loss.

If you play team activities

the only team activities i do are dungeoneering (in which i have never met a bot) and castlewars (if there are bots at all they don't really interfere).

the bots only affect me indirectly through market interference. which really isn't even a negative effect for a player who makes most his money from solo monsterhunting and merchanting.

edit: forgot about snipe bots, but i don't snipe anyway.

bluephatbot1.png

hilvlbots1.png

botnames1.png

botters1.png

I'm sure he was looking at his watch and timed it exactly as 15 min. Because when you sit around and report bots all day, 1 min feels much different from 15 min, ya? :thumbup:

anonymouse, he was botting, the way i trap the bots, i control when they tele and when they can move. And when i let them go, he teled, along with the other 7 bots that were there. So get off your high chair.

I know how the cannon trick works, no need to explain it. Unless you replicated it several times, it doesn't exclude the off chance that he came back when you took the cannon away, no? Besides, even if he was botting, it's very difficult for an old player (assuming the blue phat) to get caught, even if they get stuck or walk in a loop for a few hrs...so don't get too excited just yet :thumbup:

Pro tip, just ban + reset stats 2 week first time, then perm ban.

Fixed. ;)

I agree with this statement. :thumbup:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Its not suprising that jagex would do this but its just really bad that a company would be so irresponsible when it must be possible for them to both issue a rollback on stats aswell as 'wiping' their bank/quests/etc clean.

Im not sure if this would cause other problems but when one stat, multiple stats or all stats - Along with everything else a account holds, even the info on the adventure log should just be removed - Would cause a negative reaction to others in any way.

That way they can continue to keep making money from bots and using this as a 'deterrent' without any problems. Not doing so is just irresponsible to the legit player base.

Atm it encourages botting both for casual players wanting to gain unique accounts and even for rwters selling those semi-unique accounts.. Some idiot probably decided this would make the company money without realising their own policy towards cheating. I bet they would love to sell items themselves too.

bluephatbot1.png

hilvlbots1.png

botnames1.png

botters1.png

I'm sure he was looking at his watch and timed it exactly as 15 min. Because when you sit around and report bots all day, 1 min feels much different from 15 min, ya? :thumbup:

I know how the cannon trick works, no need to explain it. Unless you replicated it several times, it doesn't exclude the off chance that he came back when you took the cannon away, no? Besides, even if he was botting, it's very difficult for an old player (assuming the blue phat) to get caught, even if they get stuck or walk in a loop for a few hrs...so don't get too excited just yet :thumbup:

By the way, all those pictures were taken withing 10 minutes of each other, and after that, i went back to regular scaping, so saying i hunt bots all day, is a pathetic assumption on your part :thumbup:

If you knew anything about the cannon trick, you would know it recently stopped working due to a new bot version or a jagex update. And i used a different method to catch them, another fail assumption on your part. :thumbup:

Difficult for an old player to get caught? So as long as you have been playing for a long time, you are immune to getting banned even though you bot....Although this is probably true because Jagex knows those players will renew subscriptions for a long time to come, it still doesnt make it fair.

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

I'm just amazed that bots in Runescape are still so primitive. I expected Jad-hunting and Corp-hunting bots by now. o.O

Hmmm... <3:.

...is true... How would you feel about your hard earned 99 ranks that were suddenly bot-able? Technology does not stand still, and eventually every aspect we currently know of RS will be bot-able...

Like botting TDs!

Couldn't resist. Lol.

Yes Jagex is a horrible greedy corporate entity and the worst thing since Hitler.

Fixed. :P.

09144a99bb.png

This, in my opinion, is another Treaty of Versailles; worst of both worlds. Botters have decreased punishment and more incentive to push their luck, and regular players are now scared of powertraining and the sort. Shameful move on Jagex's part. I wouldn't care if they did it for money, but when regular players such as myself with higher stats start worrying, something is wrong.

You should have absolutely no reason to be worried about your account if you didn't bot. I don't know why you would.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

This, in my opinion, is another Treaty of Versailles; worst of both worlds. Botters have decreased punishment and more incentive to push their luck, and regular players are now scared of powertraining and the sort. Shameful move on Jagex's part. I wouldn't care if they did it for money, but when regular players such as myself with higher stats start worrying, something is wrong.

You should have absolutely no reason to be worried about your account if you didn't bot. I don't know why you would.

All the people who are popping up saying they were unfairly reset

Even though it's their word against Jagex, it still makes you think

The people who have been getting reset, though, have also been issued bans. Back when it was happening in mid-October, everyone who had been reset received a permanent ban. The same will probably happen in this case; at some stage they'll all be knocked down. And I've no reason to "Think" about people who claim they didn't bot - their word against Jagex's, sure, but Jagex is more than likely on the spot.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If they want to make money off botters, they just need to add a few lines to the code of conduct.

Basically like, if found using macroing software we reserve to right to charge you an ammount of money blah blah.

So, someone bots. Jagex bans them and charges them 100 usd. Assuming they used a credit card.

Not sure if this would be legal, but it seems like a good solution. Bots get banned, players happy, jagex gets more money. :unsure:

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Errm, how exactly is a slight xp loss harsher than a permanent ban? anything? yeah...

In any case, as they said they will not be removing xp from accounts that haven't botted, this is a prime example of them actually wanting people to bot in order to get xp removed. I, for one, would be really glad if they took away 20 something mil of my defense xp and i could be maxed with all quests done at a much lower level...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

lol @ one of the FAQ:

"At what point does Jagex decide that rollbacks are no longer an effective punishment for the account, and decides to ban them"

The answer given is a standard "I cant tell you", but I think I can...

The line is at the point when its clear that the offender has made it clear that he never has, and never will be subscribing to RS ;)

Can I get a hell yea for capitalism?

Btw; Those screenshots uo above are what some would say "leaked" from the forums us noobs have no knowledge of...

Tip.it for Runescape's wikileaks?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!