20-Dec-2010 - Golden Joystick Awards and Golden Hammer

Pirkka

Thanks to all of your support and votes, Jagex was once again named as the Golden Joystick UK Developer of the Year. In commemoration of this, and as a thank you to the entire RuneScape community, weve created a new in-game item thats available to all players: the golden hammer.

The golden hammer is a wieldable Smithing hammer, and can be used anywhere a normal hammer can be used on anvils, on a POH workbench, during quests, etc. This will free up one more inventory space for Smithing enthusiasts, making room for an extra metal bar per anvil trip. When wielded, you can also right-click on the hammer to perform two new emotes (one for each year weve won the Golden Joystick award).

To claim your golden hammer, youll need to first get a golden cracker and use it with another player. If theres room in your bank, you should find your golden cracker there. Otherwise, you can head to Draynor Village and get one from Diango.

For more information about the Golden Joystick awards, read here:

The Golden Joysticks is an annual awards ceremony for all games developers in the UK, and it's the one every developer most wants to win because it's voted for by players. Developers nominate their games in a wide range of categories - such as best graphics, best in genre and game of the year - and some are then shortlisted to take part in the voting stage. For the last two years, Jagex has been shortlisted for the coveted UK Developer of the Year award and, thanks to votes from our community, has won the award both times!

In 2009, when we first announced our being shortlisted, the RuneScape community managed to temporarily break the Golden Joystick website's servers, such was the rush of players heading there to vote. In 2010, we instead broke two records - the most number of votes for a single entry in Golden Joystick history (1.4 million!), and being the first developer ever to win this award two years running.

Being that the Golden Joysticks are voted for by players, we of course could not have done it without you and your support. While we always try to do our best for RuneScape and its players, it's things like this make us want to try even harder, and to work with our community to continue to make RuneScape better and more successful. As a small token of our appreciation, just in time for Christmas 2010, we gave all of our players a new in-game item - the golden hammer - in commemoration.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

is anyone else not opening their cracker

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You can get one form Diango... meaning you can crack one open, drop or destroy and get another cracker.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

oh fail, i wanted a cool toy no one else had

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Never cracking mine; my smithing days are done. Gonna put it on one of my bank tabs for decor.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Lol at those who are never opening theirs. Once you open it and receive the hammer, you can destroy hammer and get the cracker again

should you choose to do that.

Despite that, the cracker looks neat though so I'm probably not going to open it unless I get bored enough to. The opening animation is a lot better

than the original cracker opening imo.

Didn't expect it to see this early in the thread, but it begs the question:

Why are there ALWAYS some idiots about that think jagex might introduce new rares..?

Useless bankspace occupier is ofc way more useful than a wieldable smithing/construction/whatnot hammer that people have been suggesting for ages!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Hi

I hate to be the one who starts the whining and shouting, but I once more feel that Jagex has messed up a reward !

It is not that I don't like the Golden Hammer - it's is quite the opposite actually !

I mean: the new ability to smith without having a hammer in your backpack and thus having the ability to carry one more bar is great, but in my opinion this should have been given as a quest reward instead !

I know that this would be in direct contradiction with Jagex's normal quest reward policy which, I think that a few of us can agree on, is to give rewards that are quite useless !

Well, that's just my 2c

Didn't expect it to see this early in the thread, but it begs the question:

Why are there ALWAYS some idiots about that think jagex might introduce new rares..?

Useless bankspace occupier is ofc way more useful than a wieldable smithing/construction/whatnot hammer that people have been suggesting for ages!

You are the only person I have seen taking the "new rare" tack. And using a personal invective to ridicule those you imagine to be taking that view, I might add.

Like I said before, I don't need a hammer, I already earned my smithing cape. YMMV.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'm maxed smithing, so this hammer has no real use to me. Maybe if it was possible to get a placeholder... Destroyed it after a few minutes.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Weild the hammer, click on the equipment tab, and right click on it if you haven't already. TWO MORE EMOTES! O_O I love the swinging one haha!

What does the person with whom you use the cracker with get?

Dissappointment.

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

it can be used as a hammer? sweet.

now if im ever training con or smith without a clay hammer i have something new to use....

this again, the day jagex makes holyday rares usefull, will be the day pigs fly (and arnt there only like 5 of them?)

anyway, took me a while to figure out how to get the hammer :oops: , but worth it. its such a nice reward and a nice thankyou for makeing us crash a website :)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!