Frozen door (New)

Danqazmlp

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higher dungeoneering would be nice but 90 is the logic continuation from Frost Dragons at 85. And I think it's a reasonable requirement, I mean it'd be pretty lame if the update was just that the Frozen Door disappeared. At least make us do something to open it.

11267 players already have 90 dungeoneering with many more waiting at 80-85 for actual content above that. This would be the right move to invigorate dungeoneering AND reduce congestion at the boss. That's still 139 people per member's world, even the PvP/Bounty worlds which don't really count.

2496 Completionist

Whilst a high Dungeoneering level to access the boss would be pretty awesome, I really hope they don't put one there, at least not a high one. The only thing putting a Dg requirement on the boss will do is make all of it's drops even rarer and more expensive than they already will be.

Also, a lot of people are saying they think 40 kc for each faction will be needed to get in there. Personally, I think it's much more likely that Jagex will make it so one of each boss has to be killed to release each seal on the frozen door. This would make much more sense to be honest, as it will prove that the player can at least kill the other four bosses before getting his ass handed to him by Nex. As long as they made it a one time requirement so the door stayed open I think it would work fine.

Sylpheed.png

The door has to be opened by praying at the four altars in the four boss rooms within 20 seconds of eachother. E.g. you need a team./nightmare

I'd prefer a high dg requirement to a kc requirement. 90 sounds good.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The door has to be opened by praying at the four altars in the four boss rooms within 20 seconds of eachother. E.g. you need a team./nightmare

Why is dungeoneering suddenly "all important"..

Really why not a mining requirement? - so you can clear the ice before the room.. - or a firemaking?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Whilst a high Dungeoneering level to access the boss would be pretty awesome, I really hope they don't put one there, at least not a high one. The only thing putting a Dg requirement on the boss will do is make all of it's drops even rarer and more expensive than they already will be.

Also, a lot of people are saying they think 40 kc for each faction will be needed to get in there. Personally, I think it's much more likely that Jagex will make it so one of each boss has to be killed to release each seal on the frozen door. This would make much more sense to be honest, as it will prove that the player can at least kill the other four bosses before getting his ass handed to him by Nex. As long as they made it a one time requirement so the door stayed open I think it would work fine.

To kill each boss requries 40kc in its encampment, lol.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I've not had the time to browse through 17 pages of replies, but wouldn't a boss that required magic to fight also be nice to see? Which bosses are really fought with magic?

GWD bosses... No.

TDs... No (Some people do though).

Corporeal Beast... No.

KQ... No.

And the list goes on.

09144a99bb.png

I've not had the time to browse through 17 pages of replies, but wouldn't a boss that required magic to fight also be nice to see? Which bosses are really fought with magic?

GWD bosses... No.

TDs... No (Some people do though).

Corporeal Beast... No.

KQ... No.

And the list goes on.

b/c magic attack also gives magic defense, and most bosses use magic attacks

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yeah, It's sad to see that magic is horrible when it goes to pvm.

It would be nice to see a boss that both uses magic but is not stupidly resistant against it.

Anyway, I really hope this boss is a mix of different dungeoneering bosses where you have to use different tactics to kill it. Not just hack and slash against it.

Deactivating pillars to lower it's protection prayers which also makes you able to block entrances where other smaller monsters enter throughout the fight.

(if all styles are deactivated, then he draws power from somewhere and does a aoe attack that damages everyone.)

When it reaches 3/4 hp, he does a special attack which lowers everyones prayer depending what prayer level you are. He does the same at 1/2 and 1/4 but with different stats.

Once or twice during the boss he also extinguishes all light sources in the room, (either it's lit by torches or it like covers the holes in the cave that light from above comes through). This means you will have to light them (no tinderbox needed)

Screw Stomp, he sucks.

If too many people surround him with melee attacks, he will jump into the air and slams down, damaging everyone one spot next to him. This gives the players a reason to use range/mage.

The boss area has two different "rooms" after a while, he jumps over a crater and you'll have to use a mithril grappel to swing across or if you're high agility enough. Run over on the wall like in Kuradel's slayer dungeon.

Anyway, this is just gibberish how I want it to be.

This will make just attacking it not work, which means you will have to have some kind of teamwork to be able to defeat him.

I'm mad I know :)

Really why not a mining requirement? - so you can clear the ice before the room.. - or a firemaking?

The ice is thawing on it's own, why would we need to do it?

Dungeoneering isn't really any more important than any other, it'd just be a good way to get people to train the new skill. And since we're talking about going deepering into the God Wars DUNGEON, it would actually make sense.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Dungeoneering isn't really any more important than any other, it'd just be a good way to get people to train the new skill. And since we're talking about going deepering into the God Wars DUNGEON, it would actually make sense.

Why would I need a certain lvl to open a door, especially if it is opening by itself already?

And really, there is no new rocks after 85 mining: wouldn't that be in due to an update MUCH, MUCH more than dungeoneering, which just came out?

Or basically any older skill?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Why would I need a certain lvl to open a door, especially if it is opening by itself already?

And really, there is no new rocks after 85 mining: wouldn't that be in due to an update MUCH, MUCH more than dungeoneering, which just came out?

Or basically any older skill?

Why do I need 85 mining to smack a blue rock with a pick, when I can already do it to an orange rock? None of the skills really make sense, you just have to think about it a certain way.

And does mining really need a new rock?

Adding a "skill" skill requirement to reach the boss would be really lame.

I know they have 70 agility for Saradomin but more then that would be really fail.

It's the whole extreme pots in wildy all over again.

Not really, since it's not a PvP situation - you would still be able to buy the armor without the skill. There'd be an uproar, but not nearly as big as the herblore pots.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

To kill each boss requries 40kc in its encampment, lol.

Nice reading skills. Your statement has no relevance to what I said at all.

Sylpheed.png

Having to pray at one of each of the altars at least once, piece a cake.

Having to solo every boss at least once and prayer at their altar, sure.

Having to solo every boss in one trip ant then pray at altar... might not be so fun.

Especially if you needed to do this as a group...it would get chaotic organizing it all, what with 12 different groups on the same world.

They might just add zaros npcs all around the gwd...

If they did that they would have to expand it, it's getting seriously crowded atm, unless they removed some of spawns between Armadyl and Saradomin.

2496 Completionist