Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

30m+ please.

No way I'll bless a grave if the monetary gain is sufficient enough, and don't kid yourself, you wouldn't bless it either.

Makes me think, will they just make grave items disappear to avoid people not blessing?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this could be one of those "game changing" aspects to the Runescape community as a whole.

Recently, it's been common practice for some players to behave rudely and/or simply crash someone else's kill. Now, there's a "reason" to try and be a little more polite, and friendly, when boss killing.

Of course, being the cynical bish I am, there's a pretty high percentage chance that the other person won't bless your grave if you die but at least there's a remote chance that no good deed will go unpunished ...

Still -- it could be a game changer -- and depending on which way the majority lean, the community is either going to get better (more friendly play) or worse ("... it's all about meeeeee ...").

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Certainly in the past most people didn't give stuff back to strangers, but some people did.

Most people gave stuff back to friends (at least in the adult circles I move in)

I've certainly had one situation where I died and a friend got some of my stuff, but strangers got some of it - so in those situations I'd now get everything.

The majority of the time if you died while solo you could expect to lose your stuff.

I might bless a strangers grave. May depend on how nice/nasty they were before they died. The temptation would be greater not to if I saw they'd been wearing valuable stuff.

A 30m drop I think you could probably pick it up - negotiate 1m finders fee for return and still be considered to have been nice.

I've blessed hundreds of millions worth of stuff since Nex came out... going to be a lot of e-drama if graves do end up working like this.

Alternately, no one will use good items any more and boss hunters get to deal with people who refuse to use anything other than black d hide and broad bolts.

I would charge 1-5m for a bless, but since I can't trust most 'scapers to pay up, I'd just loot their stuff and sell it back for a cheaper-than-street price.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'd personally sell them their stuff back...mind you any idiot dumb enough not to get the best gravestone should have their stuff leeched...if you can afford 50m in armor, surely you can afford to go and spend 1m in keldagrim...

You mean 500k, right?

Popoto.~<3

I would bless but only 62 pray

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

A good point brought up on another forum:

Best reliable cash/hr is now ddosing soloers

LMFAO! Okay -- now THAT's classic ... :lol:

Wow, I can just imagine that. :ohnoes:

Personally, I get this feeling I'd bless graves on case-to-case bases. Like, if you've just been an idiot and died when you lost focus while swearing at me, your grave will probably fall apart pretty soon.

Not that I want to be mean, but yeah.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

A good point brought up on another forum:

Best reliable cash/hr is now ddosing soloers

LMFAO! Okay -- now THAT's classic ... :lol:

Wow, I can just imagine that. :ohnoes:

Personally, I get this feeling I'd bless graves on case-to-case bases. Like, if you've just been an idiot and died when you lost focus while swearing at me, your grave will probably fall apart pretty soon.

Not that I want to be mean, but yeah.

Agreed with this 100%. If you're polite and friendly, I'll bless your grave. If you're a tool -- not so much ...

nyuseg.png

IDK if this question has been raised yet... But what happens at Corporeal Beast where you get no grave? Do your items just appear on the floor for everyone right at death? O_o

Current: items remain on ground, for only you to see, for 2 minutes

Next week: this is one of the unanswered questions, the only official word was that this was considered.

2496 Completionist

If it's a friend, of course I'll bless. If we're not that close, I'll probably charge you a "bless fee" before I give back your stuff. +5 Renegade points.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Tbh I would bless to troll the people around me trying to loot.

It is a simple fact that complete idiots are the best people at looting, just look at how the dumbest people in dungeoneering always have the most food.

Since I am not a complete idiot I will have a hard time looting.

The best post I have ever seen.

As almost everyone has said, it'll be case by case for me.

I don't personally feel good about taking another persons stuff (whether in real life or virtually), which I can assume is part of my 'I joined after wildy was removed' persona.

However, if the person has AFK'ed and then died, I'm unlikely to feel sorry for them, and anything they drop is fair game.

Rude people: Take items, sell back to them at trade price or just keep them.

Basically, this should encourage (to all legitimate players) to behave and engage with others in a more pleasant way (i.e. I'll be nice because he might bless) kind of way.

As almost everyone has said, it'll be case by case for me.

I don't personally feel good about taking another persons stuff (whether in real life or virtually), which I can assume is part of my 'I joined after wildy was removed' persona.

So you are against inheritance? You, somehow, make it seem like looting others graves is similar to stealing, when, in actuality, it's more like inheriting items. Once the persons items pop up on the floor, they don't have an owner.

This thread might look positive in the way people think, but by and large, most people won't give a rats *** who died and will loot the items regardless. If you yourself go by blessing strangers graves you are only hurting yourself. There are very few situations where you'd actually interact with people around you when risking death, and because of that, the whole niceness theory goes out of the window.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So you are against inheritance? You, somehow, make it seem like looting others graves is similar to stealing, when, in actuality, it's more like inheriting items. Once the persons items pop up on the floor, they don't have an owner.

This thread might look positive in the way people think, but by and large, most people won't give a rats *** who died and will loot the items regardless. If you yourself go by blessing strangers graves you are only hurting yourself. There are very few situations where you'd actually interact with people around you when risking death, and because of that, the whole niceness theory goes out of the window.

I don't consider it stealing, I would consider it more like inheriting, as you said. For me, it would depend on the situation. I wouldn't go around blessing everyone's grave, but if I knew the person well, then I wold definitely bless or pick up the items and give them back.

If I were to pass a grave, and the items were just lying there, then I would most likely take them, as they belong to 'no-one'. Basically just taking on wealth.