Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

I'll be going back to my old methodology, with a few minor tweaks due to system changes. If you don't act like a jackass, I have no problem repairing graves. Treat others the way you would expect to be treated, and all that jazz.

Kinda sad actually...this update I think, killed generosity between p2pers. I remember back when I was just starting out in p2p...could go to any bank/minigame and would be helped w/o delay. It truly is a dark day when people let greed come between themselves and saving someone's runescape experience...

The update hasn't been released yet, so how can you say it's already killed generosity? Speaking as someone who actually played before the Dec 07 updates, I can tell you that the game is going to go back to a watered down version of how it used to be. Back in the old days, a good Samaritan might still rush up and try to grab as much of your stuff as possible to hold for you. Now, all that Samaritan has to do is bless your grave. There isn't a thought of "well, I'd like to save this guy's armor, but I don't have enough backpack space.

In fact, being a Good Samaritan will be easier than it was pre trade restrictions, because it is much more hands off. Be a good guy, bless or repair someone's grave, and they even get a direct note on their screen telling them who to thank. The opposite of what people are anticipating will happen, the number of decent acts will be much higher than it was before the trade restrictions because doing a kind act will be so much easier. In fact, forget doing it for the deceased. I can see people blessing graves for the sake of trolling the people waiting for it to crumble, I know I'll be among those trolls.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure what I would do. If they talked to me and seemed like a nice person I would bless of course, but if I didn't know the person at all I would probably repair their grave at most. I only boss with friends within my community though so I don't really need to worry about this unless I'm soloing, I expect to lose stuff soloing considering I can't rely on randoms to bless me with the current system as it is let alone people wanting my stuff.

Low_C.png

If I had the prayer points I would bless their grave. Even if it only saves them a few 100k.

If I didn't have the prayer, I would pick up their items and trade them to the player.

If I had no prayer and no inv. space they might be SOL. I can only go so far out of my way to help.

Even if I came across a phat through this I would return it to the owner. I can only imagine how much it would suck to lose mine in such a way.

4e0Vn.png

I'll be going back to my old methodology, with a few minor tweaks due to system changes. If you don't act like a jackass, I have no problem repairing graves. Treat others the way you would expect to be treated, and all that jazz.

Kinda sad actually...this update I think, killed generosity between p2pers. I remember back when I was just starting out in p2p...could go to any bank/minigame and would be helped w/o delay. It truly is a dark day when people let greed come between themselves and saving someone's runescape experience...

The update hasn't been released yet, so how can you say it's already killed generosity? Speaking as someone who actually played before the Dec 07 updates, I can tell you that the game is going to go back to a watered down version of how it used to be. Back in the old days, a good Samaritan might still rush up and try to grab as much of your stuff as possible to hold for you. Now, all that Samaritan has to do is bless your grave. There isn't a thought of "well, I'd like to save this guy's armor, but I don't have enough backpack space.

In fact, being a Good Samaritan will be easier than it was pre trade restrictions, because it is much more hands off. Be a good guy, bless or repair someone's grave, and they even get a direct note on their screen telling them who to thank. The opposite of what people are anticipating will happen, the number of decent acts will be much higher than it was before the trade restrictions because doing a kind act will be so much easier. In fact, forget doing it for the deceased. I can see people blessing graves for the sake of trolling the people waiting for it to crumble, I know I'll be among those trolls.

I quite like this post. No matter what, it'll be better then pre-08. I could honestly see myself blessing people lurking around graves to be a troll; afterall, if there's say 5 people, I might not get anything good anyways. Plus, unless the guy drops an item worth like 500k/1m+, I might just bless to be nice; 500k/1m is where my greed threshhold exceeds my generosity threshold, lol.

I certainly won't be very worried about this. I don't boss much, except maybe TDs; the couple times I died there I never got blessed anyways, I think... Plus you can easily get back there before the grave expires. The first time I died there I didn't, but that's because I had to run to the GE, and try and buy stuff to make a new lantern. I still made it in time to see my grave disappear.

To above poster: very generous of you. Sadly, I don't see many people do that. If I found a p hat, I'd sell it >.<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Greed will outdo anything. I know people who didnt bless graves just so they wouldn't lose a few measly prayer points. I think this effect will further reciprocalize, making people even less likely to bless.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Time to go stand out in the Ape atoll jail.

muahahaha

Edit: tbh though, I'd most likely loot the grave, unless they're in my team/clan/f list. If I feel really bad for them like if one of the d skirt granite body noobs die, Id bless them. However a rich high level dies, they better get back in time.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I think the prospect of such easy money literally lying there will cause strangers to almost always leave the grave there to crumble. I suppose there could be exceptions, such as if the player could reasonably return in time or if you know the person who died. Otherwise, though, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that will most likely lead to most players not blessing graves.

Well once they get more common, Divine + (New Armor set) means that any high level dying, albeit it extremely unlikely, if not impossible with all that armor on, means they're going to lose well over 100 - 150m, accounting for amulet, losing a helm / hood etc., and etc. Most deaths of that case will be losses in connection. There will be risk as items get better and more usable.

OT though I would bless a teammate or friend who died, even if it's a teammate I got from a forum team (Which I rarely do). Anyone else to me is fair game if they die, and if they're a douche to me, I'll go out of my way to TRY and make them die.

Hell I made a solid 20m the first day or two godwars came out due to complete ignorance of the area. Bring on the profit. I expect nothing different from anyone else. There needs to be at least a TEENSY bit of risk in this game.

This is a good question. Personally, I've never done God Wars, but at barrows I would hope people would bless my grave, and of course I would do the same. To be honest, I think the majority of the people would take the loot and run. Kinda sad, but it will happen I'm sure :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

This is a good question. Personally, I've never done God Wars, but at barrows I would hope people would bless my grave, and of course I would do the same. To be honest, I think the majority of the people would take the loot and run. Kinda sad, but it will happen I'm sure :mellow:

Well it's the most profitable way to train magic...

High Alching at Dharoks room and waiting for people to die.

Stellactic.gif

Loot and sell back to them, where were half of you guys before gravestones?

I remember kqing and looting the vhelms off the people who died, instead a dchain got a 1.3m helm. GG

Seems like even since gravestones people have gotten all honour bound. I can feel that when pking because thats a player versus player senerio. But When someone just dies...well..we're not competing or anything so no for me. If i die i don't expect people to give me back my claws, i died on my own. Whether it was letting my prayer drop or misunderstanding what i was getting in to it was most likely my problem i died, I most likely coud've prevented it somehow but didn't. At Barrows if someone dies at DH due to not praying like an idiot, they deserve to be looted.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

I have no reservations about looting another player's grave since it was their responsibility to stay alive (I'm thinking mainly of bots dying). However, I do consider myself a fairly generous person so if there is even the slightest reason to repair a grave or return someone's stuff (they were nice to me, respectful of my training spot, or even if they pm me about it) then I will do it. If there is no response, I'm not going to go out of my way to look for the person who died nor will I leave the items on the ground to disappear or be picked up by other scavengers.

In my rs career, I have had two major losses from unfortunate deaths. (Read more here v v )

[hide]

Death #1: Stupid Quest Death

I saved up my geepees to buy arma helm/chainbody/chainskirt, ranger boots, fury, archer ring, 3A vambs, and a DFS (which I wasn't quite able to wield yet). Approximate GE value for my outfit at the time was over 113M (not bad for a level 78 noob). Since I was almost 75 defence, I ran around with the DFS in my inventory in anticipation of using it.

One day (in March 2010) I had about 10 minutes of free time before leaving for an appointment, so I foolishly decided to start the "Icthlarin's Little Helper" quest. I really suck at doing quests, so naturally I brought no food or antipoisons when I entered the cat pyramid (but I did manage to bring my entire bank with me, including all of my cash). Within moments I was severely injured, poisoned, and running around in circles in complete panic until a floor trap+poison hit killed me off.

Upon death my cat ran off, making it basically impossible to get back in time. Rather than appearing outside of the pyramid (as I think they do now) my stuff stayed in the pyramid. So I sent my brother to repair/bless my grave but he couldn't because the game would not allow him to repair/bless graves in a quest area (darn you Jagex!!!).

Loss from death: 52M (GF 6+ months of casual skilling) :wall:

Death #2: Stupid Dragon Death

9 months have elapsed since my first major death and I have recovered nearly all of my losses. This time I purchase full 3A range (top/bottom/coif/vambs), ranger boots, fury, and an archer ring. I hold off from buying a DFS since I would rather use the 24M cash to run crystal keys (my major source of income at the time). Approximate value of bank was over 150M (at 82 combat).

I've never had such 'fabulous' armor before and in my excitement from buying it, I ran to the green dragons in the wilderness to test it out (with 24M cash on me). The test: kill a green dragon with no food and using just a sling.

Good news: I killed it! :thumbsup:

Bad news: It's neighbor killed me. #-o

No worries right? Games necklace easily gets me there in time to loot my grave. That's when I realize I took my only one with me to get there the first time. Tele to Varrock to buy a games necklace in the GE and run like mad to the grave? Nope, sold all of my runes the day before.

So I call my bro to bless my grave and save my stuff, but getting him out of a Soul Wars match just took too long (I did get to see my grave disappear on his computer screen). And although there were lots of players at the green dragons, not one of them bothered to repair or bless my grave (because they were all bots methinks). I'm pretty sure they were bots since none of them even noticed that a guy in full 3A range just died next to them (no comments or anything).

Loss from death: 59M (GF several months of intensive crystal key running) :wall:

Total loss from two stupid deaths: 111M

Moral of the story: I'm an idiot :rolleyes: (deal with it).

[/hide]

Perhaps I deserved to lose my stuff for risking it so foolishly, but I never expected my grave to be repaired/blessed by a stranger (I did ask my brother to help me out, but that's what bros are for right?). Yes, it would have been nice if someone had saved my things for me but ultimately it was my responsibility, not theirs, to protect my stuff. Plus there is a certain thrill of randomly finding somebody's stuff on the ground and taking it for free . . . 8-)

Not blessing it. If they come running back to see me waiting patiently for their grave to crumble, so be it. If I were to bless the grave when I knew you couldn't make it back in time otherwise, I'd miss out on your loot. I'd be the one losing something. Sorry.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

im going to do A LOT less blessing.

but in the same amount, im going to do a lot more ripairing.

if thay cant make it back in 6 mins, outside of god wars, thay are likely afk/botting.

if thay cant make it back in 20 mins, thay ARE afk botting.

after 20 mins though, it basicly stays the same all the way up to 60 mins, so why waste my prayer?

i take the simple logic, if i like the player (nice, helpfull, nicely asks grave to be blessed), i bless/ripair.

if i dont like them(bot, afk, rude, crashing, begging grave to be blessed), well, sucks for them if thay cant get back in the time alowed.

although even if i loot a players grave, if thay are nice enough afterwards, i might sell em back the stuff cheap. (win win in some ways, i get free stuff, thay lose less)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I'm still gonna bless, unless they were actively trying to lure onto me at tds or dag kings.

Or they crash and flame me at gwd. Just crashing is ok, add flaming and gf you.

TBH tho, if you loot a grave that has not been blessed before, you should be pvp enabled so that other players can attack you but you cannot attack them.

@ zamorakninja

Godwars and DKs are impossible to get back to in 6 mins.

pere_grin.png

I'm still gonna bless, unless they were actively trying to lure onto me at tds or dag kings.

Or they crash and flame me at gwd. Just crashing is ok, add flaming and gf you.

TBH tho, if you loot a grave that has not been blessed before, you should be pvp enabled so that other players can attack you but you cannot attack them.

@ zamorakninja

Godwars and DKs are impossible to get back to in 6 mins.

There's a video of a player getting back to his own grave with no bless for Bandos Godwars. Gets into the boss room with 30 odd seconds to spare.

I'll bless graves only to piss off other people waiting for the loot :thumbsup:

That's the main reason why I would do it too lol. I honoustly don't wanna increase my goldpile by taking the items

of the unlucky guy who disconnected or whatever. But if I see others don't take steps to bless and are just waiting

to grab one or two items I might just walk there and bless the grave while 'lol'-ing :mrgreen:

Flamefest would be the next no doubt, but I'm not sure whether I will see alot of graves since I'm too chicken

to go to bosses and nobody dies on other places anymore.

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)