Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I would bless to troll the people around me trying to loot.

It is a simple fact that complete idiots are the best people at looting, just look at how the dumbest people in dungeoneering always have the most food.

Since I am not a complete idiot I will have a hard time looting.

If there's a mob of people waiting to loot it I'll bless it regardless of the value of the items. It's all about circumstances though. As many people have already stated, if they're an ass I won't bless if they aren't I will. Also any crashers will not be blessed.

I would have assumed that the items would vanish with the gravestone?

After free trade comes out, once a gravestone collapses, all items will be visible to everyone, except non-tradeable, JaGeX even said that some non-tradeables will drop cash instead of the item, similar to the barrelchest anchor.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

To be honest, I think it will once again bring danger to bosses and other areas of Runescape. Gravestones and no free trade made the risk so low most people took their most expensive gear everywhere. Now there is once again an actual danger of losing items and I welcome it. The 3 item rule is there to protect your items, anything you lose after that is your own fault.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'll take the GP every time. Online honour is worthless. Fair enough, i could get that nice feeling of helping someone or i could save myself 15 hours of grind. If they want to keep their cash, they should probably just improve. If i want that kind feeling i would rather go to Lumbridge and give a random noob 50k.

Bad things happen, never was i given the opportunity to get back my 7m when i disconnected at barrows, i'm sure other people will be able to man up and handle it.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I'd still bless. It'd be a common courtesy to fellow players.

I remember before the time of graveyards people would simply dogpile on the guy that was about to die and claim it for their own. But now and again you'd have people who immediately pick up the items and return them to the player when they've returned.

I'd always bless, they may say that nice guys finish last, but I'd rather never achieve a whole bunch and make a load of friends on the way, than win the race but have no one to celebrate it with... (if that makes sense?!) :shades:

6660_6.jpg

Online honour is worthless.

This.

So if i take some stuff ill get a guy flaming me.. big deal.. PM to friends.

People should be actually WILLING to risk what they bring wherever.

Now for example: i tend to dc/lag or run outta supps a bit early into a frost trip.

If there was a guy who like shared a few food and gave me a couple supps or blessed if i dced..

then yes i'd bless his grave should he dc or just die

99 Magic achieved on May 31, 2010 99 Prayer achieved on August 27, 2011 99 Dungeoneering achieved on September 24, 2011

I'd always bless, they may say that nice guys finish last, but I'd rather never achieve a whole bunch and make a load of friends on the way, than win the race but have no one to celebrate it with... (if that makes sense?!) :shades:

This, not in a hurry to finish the game, and I have the skills to make money fairly quick. In the mean time nubcakes lacking the skills or looking for easy money cause they failed to improve their skills can go ahead and loot other people's graves. I just treat other like I hope to be treated myself, but won't act all mad if the principle fails. I do however restrain from blessing complete morons and rude people.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Guest jrhairychest

Definately wouldn't bless. I'm not here to fix other players' screw up's. Its part of the risk of the game and if players don't take this into account they've no reason to whinge if they lose their stuff. Should seperate the men from the boys...oh sorry the real elite players from the plastic ones.

Not like a lightning bolt will drop out of the sky and kill you in ge with all your good stuff. If you go to a boss you can easily check what you lose if you die. I go to tds and risk 600k in items. This is because I realize death is always a possibility due to lagging or being comboed etc, and it won't be any different for me after free trade. It's really easy to look at the items kept on death screen and replace armadyl or claws with a cheaper alternative, but if people still choose to risk these items I see it as a calculated risk on their part.

I'm not into getting people killed to loot their stuff, but if I see some items under a grave I'm going to take them. Of course I'll bless friend's graves, but with that random guy on a metal dragon task afking, it's up to him to keep hold of his items.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

all i have to say is welcome back to the old runescape :lol:

+1

For almost 7 years you were able to loot items if someone died. That's how it should be again. Bosshunting should be risky and if you die, it usually is your fault. I have lost items by dying many times but I don't complain.

A_Kekek.png

It all depends on who died, and I'll make sure I know exactly what kind person it is before I make a decision.

Somewhere in 2006 a level 70-ish died at the lesser demons in karamja and I looted his death pile and got quite a few of his items, including a zammy helm, kite and rune scimmy. (no idea why the kite wasn't one of his 3 most valuable items)

I teleported to lumbridge to give him his items, he took them and told me to gtfo, and asked me for his amulet. (which somebody else looted from the pile)

Needless to say I was pretty pissed.

I would assume a player with half-decent gear would be intelligent enough to invest in a proper gravestone...lets say a 6-minute Angel of Death. I have died a number of times since gravestones have been introduced and not once have I been unable to obtain my gear that was in a common 'Scaping area. To randomly die in a boss hunting mass, you're either uninformed, unskilled, or unlucky. This is where the risk v reward comes in at. You risk a lot to be rewarded a lot. It is just a part of the game. Back in the day, you'd die and you'd never have a chance to reclaim your gear. Be grateful there is a system for that now.

This is Runescape, not Noobscape. Lets use some common sense people. (I just wanted to say that although it holds little relevancy :unsure: )

soulthresher.png

Time to go Dks and look for the people who lured supreme/prime on me to try to make me hop. Hope they can tele quick.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Quick thought, if you destroy your grave, does it appear immediately? It's annoying to pick everything up when you have to right click past the grave so I always destroyed it when I got there and rapid-clicked my pile. I'm wondering if people will be able to loot real fast with that.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

i dont understand y should u be able to die and NOT lose anything... defeats the purpose of death so i am glad that the element of danger is being re-introduced.. i stopped playing a few years back after the removal of wildy and free trade.. to me the game just lost a great degree of difficulty and excitement.. now there is a challenge and makes it more interesting..

Question. When Jagex refer to drops being shown immediately to other players once dropped, does that really mean immediately? Or does it mean the 1 minute rule, where people see nothing - then after 1 minute items appear?

2vuhgcn.png

i dont understand y should u be able to die and NOT lose anything... defeats the purpose of death so i am glad that the element of danger is being re-introduced.. i stopped playing a few years back after the removal of wildy and free trade.. to me the game just lost a great degree of difficulty and excitement.. now there is a challenge and makes it more interesting..

If I am not mistaken, this update make no difference to the difficulty. Tombstone still exist and its duration has not changed.

It is the community thats going to change. People will trying to give harmful advice and lure you to death just to take your stuff.

Thats what happens when forgotten mines was out, the first hard quest (although guides list it as medium difficulty atm).

Question. When Jagex refer to drops being shown immediately to other players once dropped, does that really mean immediately? Or does it mean the 1 minute rule, where people see nothing - then after 1 minute items appear?

It means instantly. For example, Walk into wild, drop item. Every player in RS can see that item the instant you click drop. Instantly. If you die to an NPC in the wild, the exact same thing happens. Your stuff appears on the ground instantly for everyone to see. No waiting around.

Outside of the wild, drop an item and you get ~45 seconds to pick it back up. Die and you get a gravestone that no one will bless in hopes of being able to steal all your stuff.

Die to another player while in the wilderness and only that player that killed you can see the drop for ~45 seconds. Then everyone can see it.

Dismiss a BOB in the wildnerness and all the items it drops appear to the general public the very second that the familiar disappears. A pker kills your familiar, he gets ~45 seconds to loot before everyone can see it.

Dismiss a BOB outside of the wild and you get ~45 seconds to pick it all back up again.

Yeah, it really means immediately. lol.

pere_grin.png

I'm generally a nice person, but I probably won't be blessing graves. Someone else said it best: Online honor is worthless.

I can understand reasons like internet/power outages causing people to DC and die, but overall, the game needs more risk involved in high-level activities. There are lots of cheap alternatives to the 50m+ monster hunting equipment that will knock down risk a lot, as well as things like the ring of life (understanding that bosses can and will KO you above 10%, of course...but it could help). It's been EasyScape for too long now, and I'm looking forward to the era of risk returning. I won't be one of those people planning on camping outside GWD boss rooms or luring TD's/DK's on people, though.

Full disclosure: I don't bosshunt. But my views would be the same if I did.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png