Where is the Love for members?

kingmickez25

Hi.

So a member has access to both F2P AND P2P worlds Right.

So why are we so hated when we show up in F2P?

Back Story :

I am fishing on Karjma dock in world 47 Minding my own business and such.

When someone calls out. Hey why are you here [Name] Why aren't you in your own world.

Obviously hes reffering to why am i not fishing in a members world. Someone else answers hes botting.

the group says why doesnt he bot in a members world after much debate about botting. i anwser and say im not botting just fishing.

Then, they say well then your just here to show off your expensive Armour no one cares [ i am wearing full bandos atm] i said no im just hear beacuse FTP are known

better for fishing spots with active users talking then P2P.

I didnt do anything to offended these guys, or make anyone made they just came at me with anger for being a member in a f2p world.

I mean sure who can say we havent gone to f2p to show off cool amour to noobs and thats great publicty for jagex to get f2p to sign up for members.

which is why i assume members can log in to f2p among other reasons

what do u think is the main reason for hate on members in f2p

do u have any stories like mine of member abuse lol

TL:DR Why are memebers hated on f2p servers

Kingmickez25.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people play RuneScape, and people are [puncture]s.

EDIT: Come on TIF Admins, not even Jagex censors "[puncture]".

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Hi.

So a member has access to both F2P AND P2P worlds Right.

So why are we so hated when we show up in F2P?

Back Story :

I am fishing on Karjma dock in world 47 Minding my own business and such.

When someone calls out. Hey why are you here [Name] Why aren't you in your own world.

Obviously hes reffering to why am i not fishing in a members world. Someone else answers hes botting.

the group says why doesnt he bot in a members world after much debate about botting. i anwser and say im not botting just fishing.

Then, they say well then your just here to show off your expensive Armour no one cares [ i am wearing full bandos atm] i said no im just hear beacuse FTP are known

better for fishing spots with active users talking then P2P.

I didnt do anything to offended these guys, or make anyone made they just came at me with anger for being a member in a f2p world.

I mean sure who can say we havent gone to f2p to show off cool amour to noobs and thats great publicty for jagex to get f2p to sign up for members.

which is why i assume members can log in to f2p among other reasons

what do u think is the main reason for hate on members in f2p

do u have any stories like mine of member abuse lol

TL:DR Why are memebers hated on f2p servers

It may have seemed to them that you were showing off your armour. No one likes a show off.

As to why P2P can log into F2P worlds, It would make no sense for them not to.

Probably because you were doing that or taking their resources. Or you just plain found some noobs.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think that had less to do with you wearing member's armor and more to do with the fact that a bunch of bored 12 year olds at a place like F2P Karamja dock are going to be rude. So it is, so it always has been. You stood out because of your armor, which made you a perfect target for HORMONE RAGE and mob mentality.

Lesson: don't go anywhere in F2P with the idea of striking up a meaningful conversation.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I think that had less to do with you wearing member's armor and more to do with the fact that a bunch of bored 12 year olds at a place like F2P Karamja dock are going to be rude. So it is, so it always has been. You stood out because of your armor, which made you a perfect target for HORMONE RAGE and mob mentality.

Lesson: don't go anywhere in Anywheres. with the idea of striking up a meaningful conversation.

Fixed.

To put it simply, jealousy.

[spoiler=Image]all-i-wanted-for-christmas-was-runescape-membership-my-parents-got-me-a-barbie-doll-and-a-bag-of-chi.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The vast majority of P2Pers who come to F2P are arrogant, immature, and just plain rude. Most of F2P's banter is simple "you're a noob" whereas the member banter is "umadbro go get laid ******". I've spent much more time in F2P and most of the flamers / trolls / jerks are P2Pers. I'm not saying there is less banter in F2P, but it's much more 'intense' in members. And the whole F2P culture is based more on a relaxed version, even our banter. So when there are members in F2P, people have a natural tendancy to not trust them and assume they're bad.

The vast majority of P2Pers who come to F2P are arrogant, immature, and just plain rude. Most of F2P's banter is simple "you're a noob" whereas the member banter is "umadbro go get laid ******". I've spent much more time in F2P and most of the flamers / trolls / jerks are P2Pers. I'm not saying there is less banter in F2P, but it's much more 'intense' in members. And the whole F2P culture is based more on a relaxed version, even our banter. So when there are members in F2P, people have a natural tendancy to not trust them and assume they're bad.

Really? Because every time I go to F2P I feel like I've gone into some weird world run by 9-12 year olds who are still enthralled by the novelty of cussing random people out. Not that P2P isn't bad, but F2P is a whole different level.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't think there is any reason free players should love members, but neither is there a reason for hate. I think the OP is assuming strong emotions where there actually aren't many at all. As for the botting discussion, members are just as bad at it. If you do anything at ge and don't talk = bot, if you don't want to be a level 67's personal ***** = bot.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

They acted that way because about 95% (random number) of the p2p players that go into f2p are only there to show off and try to belittle the F2p players.

Don't wear member items when you go into F2p if you don't want them to think you're trying to show off to them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Really? Because every time I go to F2P I feel like I've gone into some weird world run by 9-12 year olds who are still enthralled by the novelty of cussing random people out. Not that P2P isn't bad, but F2P is a whole different level.

What I mean is that most everyone in RS acts immature. The difference is usually that F2P'ers are younger so they have more childish insults like 'stfu you noob' whereas P2Pers go straight to the meme spouting with things like 'umadbro' and attacking your sexuality etc.

Essentially, P2Pers know big boy insults and are don't shy away from using them, and for that, most F2Pers 'fear' that the P2Per they see is like the majority so they go into preemptive strike mode.

No offense to any f2p out there but. Whenever I go to a f2p world in p2p gear, I often get more insulted for being a no-lifer that has members instead of getting a compliment on anything.

That's how I see f2p whenever I think of it. They're jerks.

Well, some f2p people are epic, the other 12yo kids that wont have their members payed by their parents are not.

Easily just jealousy. Honestly, if you were in your Bandos gear and went some place somewhat nooby in p2p, such as the Experiment cave, you'd still be accused of botting.

As to why P2P can log into F2P worlds, It would make no sense for them not to.

Exactly. Imagine if you had a friend in f2p, but you got members. Suddenly you can never visit them again because neither of you can log onto the same world?

Probably because you were doing that or taking their resources. Or you just plain found some noobs.

Taking their resources? This isn't Daemonheim, it's the Karamja docks. You know, where fish are infinite and spots don't rotate faster just because more people are there? :mellow:

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

From a personal perspective the docks are usually the most annoying area in all of f2p. I usually have my chat off when I go there.

Also when I see a random wearing a skill cape the first thing that comes to mind is "p2p nub" . I have no idea why, but that is how it is.

To keep it short and simple:

Haters going to hate.

Honestly, half the fun of getting to be good at something is so others can notice it as well.

Although, if people get mad - that means

a.) they're jealous

b.) you're doing something right

However, I don't really understand why you would even be in a f2p just to talk to people.

There are a couple (not everybody obviously) of legit fishers to be found. I've found that the couple of times I've started a conversation in the fishing guild - somebody is bound to reply.

capt%20kevin.png

I stopped playing this game quite a while ago. I got 1k+ total all F2P before dungeoneering or whatever that's called came out. I considered myself to be a pretty dedicated F2Per. After getting bored for a while I bought a membership, didn't play long with it though.

Members in P2P were generally decent people, but most P2Pers that went to F2P were usually just douchebags that wanted to start fights and call people poor because they didn't have a membership or something. I'm just laughing at people saying F2Pers are jealous.

Am I the only one who has never had a problem in f2p? Maybe it's because I don't wear my best armor (because there's absolutely no point in doing so) but usually I just wear one of my skillcapes or a firecape. Generally people are nice to me too; I never get a "nolife" comment even though I'm level 125/137, which always astounds me based on how much other people complain about it. Maybe it's because I try to be nice to people online, but I almost always get a positive response from people on RS.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Just ignore them, and be nice. Then maybe they will change their views on members, or at least just of you.

I always found F2P worlds to be a lot less mature then P2P. I mean yeah, you always have some idiots here and there in P2P as well, but there is a lot more maturity on P2P worlds then F2P worlds (Vice versa too, with F2P having some mature people). The only time I have ever gone to F2P worlds is maybe to help a friend out or something. Otherwise P2P all the way imho.

Big_Stingman.png