World 2 falador

looololol

who knows what will happen i can see old players trading at falador and newer players at ge. i know one thing though people love nostalgia and they are going to certainly try and revive old world 2 falador.

Sorry, but I don't think enough people love the nostalgia in W2 to bother not usin the GE's convenience of getting your stuff quickly, easily, and probably cheaply.

Don't underestimate the average Runescape player's need for nostalgia. I won't be surprised if it makes a come back.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, but not more than that. I think that most people will stay at GE. However, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like the return of trading in W2 Falador Park. That would be awesome. And a lot less laggy than the GE.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

This is probably just a nostalgic gesture, not something that will steal the Grand Exchange's thunder. Though I very well could be proven wrong...

most of tif was proven wrong when the petition came out.

proven wrong about what? World 2 fally?

About free trade actually returning. Most people here were pretty cynical after the "vote as many times and you want and for whoever" debacle. And yet now here we are on the verge of old style ( the actual pre '07 wilderness and free trade cannot actually happen due to certain updates since then) pvp and trade. Of course most everyone recognizes that it was all a publicity stunt but I regress.

OT: It'd be cool if a new w2 fally evolved out of all this. There really isn't any organization in GE w2 (not that I can see to be fair, I dont' go there often) comparable to the old Falador park. At the very least people will trade rares in the park maybe? Perhaps? Who knows at this point. And also I support GE clerks at certain major banks through out Gilienor.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

To be truthful, only if people actually start buying and selling stuff instead of just hanging out :-P . We'll see what happens after the update happens.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Wessan & naraku: For an item to get to a specific player; then yes, normal trade is still usefull...

But, as I explained in another post;

If you need an item (any item really), and are willing to pay a certain amount for it; its stupid to go look for a trade partner on a specific world, when you can just put your end of the offer in the GE and start wasitng your time doing something else... The offer will remain there until someone is willing to be at the opposite end of that trade...

Why waste time screaming you want to buy a D pickaxe (for example) when you can put an offer in the GE... Anyone willing to sell that pickaxe for the amount you screamed or less will go to the GE and voila; trade is made...

The ONLY thing that the GE still has is the 5%-max up and down movement, so some items may become frozen (which might be the case for party hats and crashing items)... Jagex could fix this partly by doubling or even tripling the amount of GE updates we have now...

But random player to player trade is mostly dead, therefor Fally w2 is also mostly dead...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

To all the people talking about how a new fally park is needed, what about the varrock castle? It's heavily segmented, right beside the ge, and has a teleport almost right to it.

1st floor for everyday stuff, 2nd floor for rares, 3rd for divines/phats and such.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I think it will for rares, probally all items over 100m. Its a much nicer way of trading, i think it looks better than the GE, I loved how it was totally player made aswell.

There was just something about hanging out there all day merching random things and seeing all the pro players and merchers :)

But I guess we'll have to wait and see if people actually start trading there again.. I think there is a demand for player-player trading and if that happens we'll need a location!

I think it will for rares, probally all items over 100m. Its a much nicer way of trading, i think it looks better than the GE, I loved how it was totally player made aswell.

There was just something about hanging out there all day merching random things and seeing all the pro players and merchers :)

But I guess we'll have to wait and see if people actually start trading there again.. I think there is a demand for player-player trading and if that happens we'll need a location!

THIS.

The 100% player made market was just beautiful to see. So were the "Fast Free Law Runes".

Though, people will always chose convenience over nostalgia. IF there was a GE on other cities ( obviously including Falador), and if GE-guided prices were removed, than very likely Falador W2 would return. But the way things are today, we are gonna have to handle the lag on the Varrock GE forever.

I'm not going to go out of my way to just complete a trade in Falador, when the same trade could have been done just as easily at the GE.

Convenience > Nostalgia

Wessan & naraku: For an item to get to a specific player; then yes, normal trade is still usefull...

But, as I explained in another post;

If you need an item (any item really), and are willing to pay a certain amount for it; its stupid to go look for a trade partner on a specific world, when you can just put your end of the offer in the GE and start wasitng your time doing something else... The offer will remain there until someone is willing to be at the opposite end of that trade...

Why waste time screaming you want to buy a D pickaxe (for example) when you can put an offer in the GE... Anyone willing to sell that pickaxe for the amount you screamed or less will go to the GE and voila; trade is made...

The ONLY thing that the GE still has is the 5%-max up and down movement, so some items may become frozen (which might be the case for party hats and crashing items)... Jagex could fix this partly by doubling or even tripling the amount of GE updates we have now...

But random player to player trade is mostly dead, therefor Fally w2 is also mostly dead...

Even if they opened up new GE's, player-to-player trading will not die. Team fighting boss monsters, need a quick shark or two? Player-to-player trade. In wildy and you got all the loot and want to share with your team? Player-to-player trading. Giving a gift? Player-to-player trading.

Also, the point of going to World 2 and screaming your butt off about the item you want to buy or sell is why prices really change along with updates. Those screaming spammers are setting prices before the GE can react and as long as Jagex keeps the GE on a delay and only a 5% up or down per day price change, then player-to-player trading will continue to be useful and thriving.

So to repeat the point: Even if they removed such restrictions and opened GE access to most towns in RS, player-to-player trading would not die.

wessan.png

Are you blind? Or did you happen to forget to read my previous reasoning? You just used as an argument the ONLY instances I said where player-to-player would still exist; which is when trying to get certain items to or from a specific player...

But

If you need an item, and it doesnt matter from who, then why bother with trading when you can use the exchange...

Now stop trolling...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Are you blind? Or did you happen to forget to read my previous reasoning? You just used as an argument the ONLY instances I said where player-to-player would still exist; which is when trying to get certain items to or from a specific player...

But

If you need an item, and it doesnt matter from who, then why bother with trading when you can use the exchange...

Now stop trolling...

Whos trollling who?

Trading face to face might be dead for you, but its still kicking down the road at edgeville bank on world 18.

And thats about as close as you can get to the GE without being there.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Stormrage:

Yes I read your post, and I am not trolling. We wouldnt be having a discussion over several pages if I was trolling. Also, I am simply making my argument from the standpoint that you claim player-to-player trading will no longer be needed or used, and therefore (from what I can see in your posts) it will be removed, or should be removed.

This is just false on the basis that player-to-player trading is a vital part of the RS economy. Hence why Jagex decided to account for p-t-p trading in the new GE updates following free trade.

Even then, my only argument is that p-t-p trading will not die, it will not be removed, and it will continue to adjust as a more flexible and adaptive form of trading than the GE. The argument of which is in my previous post which you seem to not have read.

wessan.png

You DIDNT read my post; cuz:

I NEVER MADE THE STANDPOINT THAT PLAYER TO PLAYER TRADE SHOULD BE REMOVED!!!

I just said its going to be largely the usage of the GE for the items you want, and NOT fally w2, which is what this topic is really about...

And let me enlighten you on why I called you trolls:

You guys dont seem to want to get it for some reason; therefor you = troll

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I still see player to player trading, the forums, and world 2 staying strong for most expensive purchases because what you are willing to pay is often determined by what others are willing to pay/what others are selling for. You really have no idea what the offers are in the ge until they are completed. The only other way to find out an item's price is to look at the forums or go to world 2.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I can't believe Ts_Stormrage thinks player-to-player trading is dead!

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Thats cuz I dont; I said that for your needs to sell and buy items you can wait for, and do not need to get from a specific player or in a specific place, you'd be sensible to go to the GE rather than stand and scream in fally w2 (which is what this thread is about, you idiots)...

If someone is willing to match the opposite end of the trade you want; you're much better off going to the GE... For those things; yes, player to player trade is obsolete, therefor dead even if you dont know it yet...

THAT is what I have been saying and thinking all along... All of you morons that claim otherwise are trolls, FYI...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Player-to-player trading isn't dead. Not sure what you're on about. a big claim to make that is unsubstantiated.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.