Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you bound a sag body would you not pray mage most of the time?

Probably ranged, since it seems like (from my experience) that is what usually rapes you in a room with a bunch of zombies/skeletons, when a Mage de-hoods you.

td2sig.jpg

Grimy has a hex though, correct?

I would think praying mage against skeletons, necros, forgottens, etc, and then tanking the usual stuff like hobgoblins with a plate would be ideal. But I'm a loooong way away from my third bind so this all just guessing on my part. It seems like the mages really can hammer out some damage.

vettro.png

Thank you post to all the DGS people :D

Most notably Tui Obt and Grimy for being patient with my lack of rushing experience

PS Promote Gwyn to keyer

I highly recommend DGS to anyone willing to learn.

Grimy has a hex though, correct?

Nah, he lost his hex in the bind crash.

But I would actually say that a plate is better for keyers without hexes. I don't think we've come to any real conclusions yet. All we know for sure is that a sagittarian body is clearly more advantageous for hexers, so it's an obvious choice for them.

You can't go wrong either way, ultimately.

EDIT @ Jmmy: For having no experience with rushing, I thought you were pretty good. Only problem is that having two Jimmy's on a team really complicates things. :lol:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So guys... if I don't have the levels required to wield gorgonite, am I disallowed from participating? Great.

No, but you are expected to use the best weapons available to you.

That is to say, if you have access to a Katagon 2H and can wield it, make sure you aren't using something like a Zeph longsword or something.

ya i got kicked for having a kata 2h lol. It might as well be an official req.

So guys... if I don't have the levels required to wield gorgonite, am I disallowed from participating? Great.

No, but you are expected to use the best weapons available to you.

That is to say, if you have access to a Katagon 2H and can wield it, make sure you aren't using something like a Zeph longsword or something.

ya i got kicked for having a kata 2h lol.

Please note that our keyers have varying preferences. What binds are acceptable is ultimately up to them and will be judged on a case-by-case basis.

dgs5.jpg

Just a quick question, for necro, is fire surge (with csb) or entagallow/gc bow with fractite arrows better at necrolord?

Whatever you can get faster. It's not going to make a significant difference. It also depends heavily on your rings. If you have a higher tiered blazer/blitzer ring (I think blazer is better on Necro) than sniper, go with magic.

dgs5.jpg

What are the appearance rates for Soulgazers for Warped floors?

Just as bad as all the other floors :thumbup:

(guessing)

Not really. Soulgazers are more common on warped than occult and more common on occult than abandoned. They're still very rare though, so it may not seem like much and the above isn't that far off base.

It also depends a *LOT* on the number of 99 slayers on your team. If you dungeoneer with the same core group of people, you should check out their slayer levels. It's very helpful to have at least 90, because Blood Necklaces are a good item to bind and anyway Edimmus replace much more difficult monsters in GDs, etc.

2496 Completionist

What are the appearance rates for Soulgazers for Warped floors?

Just as bad as all the other floors :thumbup:

(guessing)

Not really. Soulgazers are more common on warped than occult and more common on occult than abandoned. They're still very rare though, so it may not seem like much and the above isn't that far off base.

It also depends a *LOT* on the number of 99 slayers on your team. If you dungeoneer with the same core group of people, you should check out their slayer levels. It's very helpful to have at least 90, because Blood Necklaces are a good item to bind and anyway Edimmus replace much more difficult monsters in GDs, etc.

A little delayed but still thank you very much!

Unfortunately I have access to only two friends with my levels who are able to DG with my consistently. At least one of them has 99 Slayer. I've been rather talked out of the HHB however. At the beautiful risk of inciting more violence it's apparently a niche weapon capable of use only by those extremely few pro DGers and yet somehow a piece of [cabbage] at the same time! Controlling self...

I will probably end up binding a Blood Necklace since we all have 90+ Slayer, thank you.:)

It's strange but I believe I've only seen a Soulgazer on floors in which no one can fight them without potions. A rarity in itself I guess...

2dgucz6.png

Hex, a niche weapon? If most of the really annoying enemies and a good portion of bosses counts as niche, sure!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Hex, a niche weapon? If most of the really annoying enemies and a good portion of bosses counts as niche, sure!

It's a corpsetorn shortbow against enemies with level 0 mage, which is most of the monsters. There is no way you can have a hex as the only weapon you use unless you key, perhaps.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

At the beautiful risk of inciting more violence it's apparently a niche weapon capable of use only by those extremely few pro DGers and yet somehow a piece of [cabbage] at the same time!

Such a beautiful misinterpretation of everything we've argued. I'm impressed. =D>

•  
  • The hexhunter bow is a niche weapon in that it cannot be used as the sole weapon of any dungeoneer.
  • It takes practice and knowledge to wield correctly. The same is true of just about any bind in dungeoneering.
  • It is not a bad weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

Clear enough?

dgs5.jpg

Not everyone is on the same page... :unsure:

allow me summarize for you.

You're trying to talk about dungeoneering when you have no idea what you're talking about.

and everybody else is trying to tell you they think you're stupid.

Naaxi.png

At the beautiful risk of inciting more violence it's apparently a niche weapon capable of use only by those extremely few pro DGers and yet somehow a piece of [cabbage] at the same time!

Such a beautiful misinterpretation of everything we've argued. I'm impressed. =D>

•  
  • The hexhunter bow is a niche weapon in that it cannot be used as the sole weapon of any dungeoneer.
  • It takes practice to wield correctly. The same is true of just about any bind in dungeoneering.
  • It is not a bad weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

Clear enough?

No. Can't I make snide comments without them being blown open?

It was topical, anyway.

At this point I am wondering why my use of niche was different. And why I have no post history anymore.

2dgucz6.png

I was about to see if this would help me get Dunge up and my chaotic and its a arguement-fest instead :S

You don't mean in the clan chat, do you? BRB BINDING PRIMAL BANHAMMER.

dgs5.jpg

I was about to see if this would help me get Dunge up and my chaotic and its a arguement-fest instead :S

Well, judging by the fact that they are arguing about the hex hunter bow, likely the rarest weapon in game(might be zaryte, but that will change) and two of the people actually have/have had the bow, it's pretty fair to say this isn't even an argument. Gava got e-hurt and is trying trying to e-thug the so called elitist community into not being aggressive toward idiots. Nothing new in here.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.