Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats vex @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep - Congratulations to our newest ranked keyer, Vexn!

Big congratz to vex. Fastest learner? surely.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Improved Herblore table:

jjpe2p.png

Don't bother with any pots other then the ones that use Lycopus/magebane, or winter's grip/wormwood.

Other pots are almost never needed (I can only think of rejuv pots ever being used, and even those I don't think are ever used in rushes)

Wat. I made rejuv pots for val while non-keying. I don't think I'd ever farm the herbs myself but you get them from chests and such, and while keying your pray gets drained pretty fast, it's annoying having to stop by an altar. So if you find buckthorns / featherfoils make them into rejuv pots & give to keyer if you get the chance.

Otherwise though, there is a lot of useless information on that list that you might want to omit, val.

And congrats vexn! You were pretty good. Take the ggs more damnit. Otherwise nice job!

siggya.png

I like this clan, but it's always hard to find a team. The time spent waiting between dungeons dilutes the fast dungeon times.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I like this clan, but it's always hard to find a team. The time spent waiting between dungeons dilutes the fast dungeon times.

You should learn to key. When you depend on a keyer you're gonna be waiting time no matter where it is.

C1Geq.png

You should learn to key. When you depend on a keyer you're gonna be waiting time no matter where it is.

I found this true after using 148 some more. Most people there won't start dungeons because they're expected to key. Actually, most people won't even advertise what they need. I get flooded with trades when I advertise. - This aimed at the bit about "having to wait no matter where you are".

I wanted to ask:

Is teleing from the boss if you run out of food/prayer tantamount to using a ring of life on teams at bosses nowadays?

2dgucz6.png

Is teleing from the boss if you run out of food/prayer tantamount to using a ring of life on teams at bosses nowadays?

I've personally yet to be called out for teleing out, but then again I've only done it for lack of food maybe twice, and both times the boss was at around 10% or less of lp left.

Unless there's an altar at base, I'd just take the death to regain prayer.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I've personally yet to be called out for teleing out, but then again I've only done it for lack of food maybe twice, and both times the boss was at around 10% or less of lp left.

Unless there's an altar at base, I'd just take the death to regain prayer.

What I do is just use the gatestone trick to avoid damage, while doing as much damage as possible.

But I don't think it's a serious offensive; the only time when it is, is when everyone else is in the same boat as you, where you have no food nor prayer. But if you're the only one low, I don't think anyone will say anything about you teleporting out. At least I won't.

it probably also depends on the boss, and how much health it has left.

What I mean by depending on boss, is take necro for example.

Lets say you get lucky, and get two hexes in your team, like Obt and Matt. I don't think they'd rag on you for ditching, considering the amount of damage you'd be doing anyways, is extremely small compared to them.

Also, if a boss is almost dead, like 1-2 hits worth till death, I doubt you'd get in trouble for teleporting, since at most it'll cost the team 5 seconds, if even that, at the very end anyways. Most Boss death animations take long enough to get back in and to the ladder anyways, so it'd only waste time if the people left in the boss room DIDN'T manage to kill it when you leave.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Izen, since you were asking what you can do to be better, you should learn to snape your floors well, since you're 84+ farm and 96+ herb and 90+ thieving. If you can get strong melee pots for gds it saves a lot of time, and you can do it without wasting time if you're decent (I don't have much experience snaping though since I key). It also saves time for pot doors and you should carry an unf wg pot, unf lyco pot & moss, claw, and whisky everywhere once you have farmed. See chee's spam repost of rs notes to help if you haven't.

If I know someone is snaping I usually ask them to gate things only if everyone else has, so you can gate your patch. & Note where it is, just in case. You can also volunteer to gate something if there's a patch at that gate.

Also if you haven't been, keep your eyes out for chests to make altar / get farm cash. Getting melee pots > making altar. You should also alch charms crims and below & useless stuff since you have csb anyway - you should have a fire staff or empowered fire staff. And making a few nature runes takes 2 seconds.

I'd like to be able to have 1 wingman (assist keyer) + 1 snape each dng, would help a lot. Of course, ideally it'd be keyer, snape, 2 wingman & 1 miner for ragers / assist money gatherer / altar maker / whatever. And of course do NOT skill when there's a gd up, so it can be hard to do much.

siggya.png

I already look for chests, as for herbs I usually just looked for dropped herbs.

So it's worth taking the time to buy/plant a seed or two or Lyco/winters?

Would it be worth upgrading my Gatherer's ring to t10 then (t8 now) as well?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I already look for chests, as for herbs I usually just looked for dropped herbs.

Past T9 gatherers isn't really worth it, unless you a lot of excess tokens on hand.

It is worth farming if you can do it without wasting time. Chee is able to get some melee pots for gds / boss and get pot doors done fast. Chee is noob farm/herb though. When people have tons of 99s you no longer really need the strong pots except strong melees are a bit better than regular.

When you dng and aren't keying you're supposed to A) help the keyer by exploring other paths while stating what you come across and B) Gather resources such as strong melee pots, ragers, prom gauntlents/boots if you're really fast & early on, and make an altar if one isn't near ht.

Note I am talking about when there's no gds. Having all 5 players click to open a door when theres 1 path is stupid.

T9 gatherers imo. If you have reset left and have tokens then yes t10.

siggya.png

Past T9 gatherers isn't really worth it, unless you a lot of excess tokens on hand.

t10 gath would really be a massive waste unless you have the reset.

As for snaping, It really seems absolutely impossible for me with all the stuff i have to carry- looting chests, mining ores, all the puzzles(there is no realistic way for me to drop any tools unless grimy is keying), thus i think it would be better for snaping to be done with otherwise low stats, having a packed toolbox and a few tools on the side(the few most important ones like hammer, pick) so you could really go all out and make strong melees for the whole team.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So guys... if I don't have the levels required to wield gorgonite, am I disallowed from participating? Great.

No, but you are expected to use the best weapons available to you.

That is to say, if you have access to a Katagon 2H and can wield it, make sure you aren't using something like a Zeph longsword or something.