Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

So guys... if I don't have the levels required to wield gorgonite, am I disallowed from participating? Great.

There are no requirements but for 45 defense. If you have the best binds available to you(and possibly a hood, which would be very important for lower levels on high level teams) there shouldn't be much problem getting into any teams. That said, if you are a lower level and act like it(never tanking any monsters and always running away from everything) there is a high likelihood keyers will not want you on their team.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this clan, but it's always hard to find a team. The time spent waiting between dungeons dilutes the fast dungeon times.

You should learn to key. When you depend on a keyer you're gonna be waiting time no matter where it is.

I do key, I can't stand waiting for a team in world 148 when I could just start it myself. However, I'm not the fastest (40 mins on average) and even when I volunteer to key in DGS, no one seems to want to do any floors.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I already look for chests, as for herbs I usually just looked for dropped herbs.

So it's worth taking the time to buy/plant a seed or two or Lyco/winters?

Would it be worth upgrading my Gatherer's ring to t10 then (t8 now) as well?

Past T9 gatherers isn't really worth it, unless you a lot of excess tokens on hand.

t10 gath would really be a massive waste unless you have the reset.

As for snaping, It really seems absolutely impossible for me with all the stuff i have to carry- looting chests, mining ores, all the puzzles(there is no realistic way for me to drop any tools unless grimy is keying), thus i think it would be better for snaping to be done with otherwise low stats, having a packed toolbox and a few tools on the side(the few most important ones like hammer, pick) so you could really go all out and make strong melees for the whole team.

This is partly the problem I can see me having. I don't quiet have the stats you see xpx with, but unless there's other farmers, smithers, miners, constructers, etc. I get called for almost any puzzle that requires them, and quiet a few do.

I'll try to work farming into my dunges, but I'm still learning as it is, so we'll see what happens.

Now, and a random note.

A question.

What do you think about using mage on gravecreeper? I've never seen it done in this CC, and I personally think it should. My reasonings are the end of This thread

Why isn't mage used on this boss? While I can understand meleeing being better DPS, with the way gravecreeper works, most people find it very difficult to just rush into him all the time. Most people also seem scarred to get close to him again when he "burns" and when he buries and resurfaces, covering the floor with bubbles.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I forgot who all was on my team but sorry guys for disappearing like that. My Mom was upset at me and walked up and unplugged the computer. I thought I'd have forty uninterrupted minutes but I guess not. Sorry.

vettro.png

A good way to fight gravecreeper when meleeing:

When he does his "burn thing" the square he is standing on isn't effected, if everyone right clicks > walks here, he will be forced to move in order to attack you from an adjacent tile. So do that in combination with blessing the 2 entry pillars and it's no more complicated than it needs to be.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

If there isn't a clear path to gravecreeper when he lights up the whole room, I'll sometimes shoot a few arrows at him (and I used to shoot a few surges at him in the same way before I got my hex). More often than not, though, I just hero it and run through the purple stuff to wack him.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I tried maging Gravecreeper with Emp Fire, Strong Magic and T10 Blitzer. The accuracy seemed to be lower than using melee.

----------

berserkerg.png

3 of them were running around with Primal 2hs. :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hey guys,

Could i possibly get into some teams with you guys ? I'm really sick of 117.

I'm combat 108, dungeoneering 71 (all skills 70+ if that matters). I've got SSH/Katagon Spear/Surgebox bound (looking to update to spear to 2h asap and i'm also working towards 80 att, it shouldn't take long).

I haven't got a clue about efficient DGing but i'm willing to learn.

Hey guys,

Could i possibly get into some teams with you guys ? I'm really sick of 117.

I'm combat 108, dungeoneering 71 (all skills 70+ if that matters). I've got SSH/Katagon Spear/Surgebox bound (looking to update to spear to 2h asap and i'm also working towards 80 att, it shouldn't take long).

I haven't got a clue about efficient DGing but i'm willing to learn.

you should probably key for some w148 floors for a while.

It's pretty hard to find abandons floors in DGS.

someone was trying for like half an hour last night lol

I for one, do not do abandons floors anymore but a few people still do.

but yeah i recommend you at least practice some keying.

If you're lucky, you'll find a few decent players in w148. I'd recommend adding those people.

Naaxi.png

vex and tui are keyers who do abnd fairly often, so if you see them on, watch the chat a bit.

Other then that, abnd are pretty scarce among the ranked keyers. Be better of starting your own team, and going from there.

Once you unlock a few occults, things in DGS become VERY smooth.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Also, no fans of Rebecca Black.

from what i hear nintendo is a pretty big fan

Cos she's female.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

t10q.png

Yep, tui blasted me with 2 berserkers again so i went desperate and got t10 berserker. If this doesn't work and we get no extra bind, i'm going to need a razor blade :rolleyes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Do keyers ever use the tank ring?

No. Keying on gatherer will save you more LP than tank, and even then, most keyers I know key on berserker/blazer or whatever. Doors attacking back is probably one of the most unpreventable ways to die, so keying on gatherer is better.

EDIT: I key on zerker/sniper, personally.

dgs5.jpg

Question: to become an "official" keyer, is 100 dungeoneering a requirement? Just curious. Also, at the suggestion of Nintendo I've started keying my own floors. I really enjoy it. My first three times have been 39, 35, and 49 (a dozen dc's by various team members and a ton of slow pot makes). I would really love to know what I need to do to get down to consistent half hour dungeons. Is anyone interested in teaching me the finer points? I'm already learning a lot by feel and trial and error but if someone mentored me in keying that would be awesome.

vettro.png

Open doors and direct temmates in the fastest route possible. You have to decide what route for you and the team will complete the dungeon fastest. Make sure no one is idle, the team should always be doing a gd or a puzzle or running keys for you.

Yes, 100+ dungeoneering is a requirement to be a ranked keyer. If you're serious about keying, most of the other keyers and myself would be more than happy to teach you as much as we can. Keying, however, is ultimately something that you learn by practicing and figuring out for yourself. Whenever you do floors with a ranked keyer from now on, pay very close attention to what they're doing and see what you can apply to your own keying.

:thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

Ok. That makes sense because you'll get the platebind then also.

Yeah basically everything I've learned about keying is from watching you key Ob. :unsure: Haha. I think doing skype makes things wayyy faster but most people aren't up for it.

vettro.png

Ok. That makes sense because you'll get the platebind then also.

Yeah basically everything I've learned about keying is from watching you key Ob. :unsure: Haha. I think doing skype makes things wayyy faster but most people aren't up for it.

Well, not every keyer has a platebody, but you have the right idea. :P

dgs5.jpg