Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Yeah that was sad :(

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think chee matt and obt did one c6 med with me for my prim rapier. Meds are definitely the way to go. Smalls suck bad for t11.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think chee matt and obt did one c6 med with me for my prim rapier. Meds are definitely the way to go. Smalls suck bad for t11.

^^We even got a seeker on that floor.

C1Geq.png

I don't think the size of the dungeon effects the bosses level/drop does it?

If it's set for a 5 man, you're going to get a high level boss, thus have a good chance at t11.

Of course the size matters - If you do a small you won't get a large sized boss.

C1Geq.png

When I was first doing dungeoneering, and doing 5.5 ice floors with friends, we'd get level 450+ icy Bones on smalls...so I dunno.....

(same for other ice bosses, I remember seeing A LOT of primal boots and guants in my early dungeoneering)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So this question came to mind earlier. Let's say that I was able to create five strong melee pots early into the floor.

When is the best time to drink them? Is it right before the boss to get the best effect? Or say 2/3rds into the floor to be able to clear gds faster while still having some boost for the boss?

Originally I was thinking right before boss, but now im not so sure because a lot of that boost would be wasted. What should I/we do?

S2buxtG.png

So this question came to mind earlier. Let's say that I was able to create five strong melee pots early into the floor.

When is the best time to drink them? Is it right before the boss to get the best effect? Or say 2/3rds into the floor to be able to clear gds faster while still having some boost for the boss?

Originally I was thinking right before boss, but now im not so sure because a lot of that boost would be wasted. What should I/we do?

If I am able to get the materials, I get someone else or myself to make melee pots for gds as well. More often then not i dont use melee pots on boss due to high chances of being able to use ragers and turm...

so use them for gds for sure

I don't want to spread misinformation so please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that having an entire team of 5 level 130+ members will basically guarantee getting a T11 drop.

No one mentioned this though... But I've seen it pretty often, when even one person is 120 on a 130+ team the tier of the boss's drop degrades.

This is of course not to say that you can't get a T11 drop on a team with slightly lower leveled players, just that higher combat levels help.

On this one you can trust me, as I used to DG quite often with only friends, and it was basically the situation described above - 3-4 130s and 1-2 110/120 or so most of the time.

Of course this doesn't help if the one you're trying to get the drop for is lower leveled, and this doesn't help you choose the boss... :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

I've seen t9 drops in 130+ 5 man.

However, it is VERY unlikely for that to happen.

With a 5 man of 130+ I'd say you have like a 60 % chance of t11, 39% of t10, then the 1% of t9 :P

These of course aren't exact, but yea...

You're never guaranteed a t11 drop.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I've seen t9 drops in 130+ 5 man.

However, it is VERY unlikely for that to happen.

With a 5 man of 130+ I'd say you have like a 60 % chance of t11, 39% of t10, then the 1% of t9 :P

These of course aren't exact, but yea...

You're never guaranteed a t11 drop.

As far as I know a T11 drop in a small is never guaranteed, so therefore you should do meds if you really want a PR ;).

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

The drop rates between items also varies, I suspect. I have seen a lot less t11 shortbows on 5:5 larges as opposed to, say, leatherchaps or robeskirts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

On this topic, are there any known rates for Primal Kiteshields and Full Helms? There's a promise I have to keep, so please don't remind me that they aren't particularly good because it's not really for me... :mellow:

Erm, of course I'll be taking my own advice (basically maxed teams) but I've heard these two items in particular are far rarer than normal.

2dgucz6.png

Primal kites are common. Primal full helms, however, are incredibly rare. I had one bound once, way before I got my hood. :P

Primal helmets are incredibly rare. Not only is the boss like 5% for floors 30-35, the chance for helm may be as low as 1:30, or even lower. I've never seen one, for example(and i've seen countless solo c6 t11 items).

Apparently, worlds 67 and 148 crashed about 40 minutes ago. This time, though, the guys involved somehow didn't lose their binds.

Question time:

Which would be better, assuming SSH + Neck + Gaunts : Primal Battleaxe, or Prom 2h?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Any accuracy or strength boost works better for the faster weapon, and as you should be piety/tum flashing the whole floor anyway(in which case the weapons are totally equal) i'd definitely say baxe. You also have a higher mage dps with baxe, but that's only slight.